The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Euro 2020

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Euro 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Euro 2020

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Yeah, my lederhosen clad buddies did my Austrian half proud, no shame in going out to a very good Italian team. Individually, Italy’s players may not be superstars but Mancini has them running through walls for each other.

Czech Rep deservedly beat the Dutch today, a 3rd place qualifier beating a 1st place qualifier so maybe our group was a group of death too. If England get past Germany - and I think they will - then they should get to the final.

Belgium leading 1-0 as I type but it’s been a pretty dull game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Well i was right about the Spain v Croatia game having a few goals in it, 5 so far, Spain leading 3-2.

Croatia might rue falling asleep at a Spain free kick, and getting caught cold with a long ball in behind their defence, leaving a free Spanish player to get into the box and score their 3rd goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Yes 3-3, Croatia into 6 mins added time throwing the kitchen sink at Spain and got a deserved equaliser. Good game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:23 pm

5-3 to Spain in the first period of ET, surely Croatia can't come back from being 2 goals down again. Suspect lol!

Troy

Post by Troy Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Cracking game there.Spaniards with just that wee bit quality to see them through,but tough on the 🇭🇷 Croats. Surely the toblerones won't trouble the French later?But who knows.Some of the so called wee teams seem to be raising their game here.Mon the 🇨🇭 Swiss.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:39 pm

Aye England wouldn't have anything to worry about against Spain, just scored 10 goals in their last two games. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:25 am

Absolutely terrific game last night and well done the Swiss for their never say die attitude when it looked like the French had it in the bag.Pens are a lottery, but great that the Swiss held their nerve. Should be some game between them and the Spaniards. Just the Germans to do us all a favour and it will be happy days.🤣👍🇩🇪.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 am

Aye Troy, 2 cracking games yesterday, plenty of goals and drama. England Germany have a lot to live up to after that, has to be a penalty shoot out, with Germany going through. lol!

Pretty open tournament really, every chance the Swiss, or winner of Sweden v Ukraine could win it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:37 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yeah, my lederhosen clad buddies did my Austrian half proud, no shame in going out to a very good Italian team. Individually, Italy’s players may not be superstars but Mancini has them running through walls for each other.

Czech Rep deservedly beat the Dutch today, a 3rd place qualifier beating a 1st place qualifier so maybe our group was a group of death too. If England get past Germany - and I think they will - then they should get to the final.

Belgium leading 1-0 as I type but it’s been a pretty dull game.

Hopefully this is just going to make it all the more gutting for them when Sweden/Ukraine knock them out in the quarter final. Laughing

They'll have it in their heads they're winning it now, after beating Germany, but there are better teams still in it, teams that have played a lot better than Germany and England, still a tough 3 games to get there.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Germans shot themselves in the foot with that sitter from Muller.I found them slow and lethargic at times which played into Englands hands.The better chances fell to England which they took.At least their next game won't be at Wembley, which has undoubtedly been a huge advantage to them.Hopefully one the better teams left will shut them up.Their insufferable at the moment.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 pm

This was the worst German side I have ever seen, England are in the quarter finals & haven’t even played that well yet, somehow they are not conceding goals & that is why they will get to the final & probably win it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 am

Yeah their defence and keeper were meant to be weak, but Pickford has pulled off some fantastic saves, pity they don't have Italy in their side of the rounds to the final though, i think Italy would rip them a new one the way they fire balls in behind defenders, making darting runs and playing very quickly in the final third.

Still, the so called easier teams in England's half of the draw are there because they've scored goals and beaten the teams in front of them, this tourney has had a few surprises along the way, it still wont be easy for them to get past Ukraine, Denmark/Czech Rep. Schick is scoring for fun for the Czechs, if Scotland had him in their team they'd prob still be in this tournament too.

For me Italy and Belgium are the 2 best teams, one of them will win it, massive bit of luck for everyone still in it that they're both playing one another next, so only one of them will be in the semi final.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Italy, Belgium, Spain or Denmark would do for me. Denmark would be some story on a par if not better than when they last won it.

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Wow,what a fantastic game.The Italians showing why I believe their the only ones who can stop the so called juggernauts down south from winning this.Great goalkeeper,super defence,solid midfield and terrific up front.Not a giving,and others will fancy their chances but the Italians will take some stopping imo.Brilliant.🇮🇹👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:05 am

Yep that would've been the final if they had been kept apart, Italy have been the best looking team from the start and are still going strong.

Would be a decent final having them and England tbh, and reckon England would get torn apart by them, but don't want to take the chance of England winning it so still hoping they get pumped off Ukraine or whoever they'd get in the semi's. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:46 am

Ukraine on their parade!!

Mon the Ukeleles!!

NUke them!

Italy v Belgium was tremendous- can’t believe Belgium didn’t equalise with some of the chances they created but some how an Italian always seemed to thwart it. Shame Spinazolla got injured tho.

Both Italy goals were superb & Belgium’s Doku was cutting up the right back for fun…. Tremendous quality of a game.

Liviforever likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:22 am

Yeh Spinazolla will be a great miss for them Bertie. He's been one of the players of the tournament for me.Absolutly magnificent. But I believe the strength in depth the Italians have quality wise will see them to the final.After that ,who knows,but they can win this,no doubt.🇮🇹👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:14 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Ukraine on their parade!!

Mon the Ukeleles!!

NUke them!

Italy v Belgium was tremendous- can’t believe Belgium didn’t equalise with some of the chances they created but some how an Italian always seemed to thwart it. Shame Spinazolla got injured tho.

Both Italy goals were superb & Belgium’s Doku was cutting up the right back for fun…. Tremendous quality of a game.

Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Another decent game here, Denmark cruising in at HT 2-0 up, being pulled back to 2-1 by the Czech's, Schick scoring again.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Denmark through, but I'm not convinced they'll cause England should they beat Ukraine which I suspect they will any problems.Still feel the Italians if they get past Spain can stop the unthinkable. 🤞🇮🇹.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 pm

As much as it infuiriates me, got to give England credit.They had to do a job,and they did against an arguably poor Ukrainen team.90% of there games have been at Wembley and that will now continue. Guess money talks,but its a helluva advantage. I really hope my Italians get through because as I've said from day one.Their the only ones who who will stop this.Commentary was embarrassing. But expected.Its not home yet.🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:27 pm

Dunno Troy, i think Denmark is a good team, and will def give England a tough game. They've still got an easier route to the final than if they'd faced any of the other teams from Belgium, Italy, Spain and Switzerland, but i suspect Denmark will really test them for the first time.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:02 am

Danes will have to be clinical though; I think England’s defence is a potential bomb scare but they are cruising through games at the moment.

Hoping the Danes are great on Wednesday but suspect they won’t have enough - Italy have the best style of the teams left in but England won’t come at them the way Belgium did. I hate to say it but I think England are heading for the title.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:21 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Danes will have to be clinical though; I think England’s defence is a potential bomb scare but they are cruising through games at the moment.

Hoping the Danes are great on Wednesday but suspect they won’t have enough - Italy have the best style of the teams left in but England won’t come at them the way Belgium did. I hate to say it but I think England are heading for the title.

I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you were an England fan though. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:07 am

Really hope for the sake of the tournament tha Italians get through tonight.As I've said I think they have the game to beat England should they progress.Im not nieve enough to dismiss the Spaniards or the Danes.But I reckon most would want to see the English and Italians lock horns in the final.Its gonna be awesome, I know what I wish for.Strap yersels in.🇮🇹🙏.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:54 pm