The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
spiggle
EdinburghLivi
Lothiangamer
mozam76
LiviCub
LiviLion
Auld Nick
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
14 posters

Livi v The Rangers

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Livi v The Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v The Rangers

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:34 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:We couldn't get anywhere near them, and weren't scoring in a million years. This was at home as well. If you can't score in home games against relatively poor sides like Rangers, then you're certainly a candidate for relegation. The first round of games is almost over and we're sitting 8th, but could drop further.

Yet again, you accuse me of posting 'nonsense' but have nothing to back it up with.

I don't have to back it up....it speaks for itself.

We couldn't get anywhere near them? Really? Report I read today suggested Ian Black got caught in possession so often it wasn't funny (which I agree with)...by your assessment it must have been by his own teammates.

We almost scored a couple of times, most notably when Kyle's header was cleared off the line. Apart from the "worldy" they did score I could say they weren't scoring in a million years.

Your final sentence is so astute I almost wet myself in excitement...we are 8th in a 10 club league but we could drop further? Well spotted that man.

We spent 95% of the second half chasing the game. Kyle's chance, as good an effort as it was, was against the run of play. We had nothing in the final 3rd, it got to the stage where it was blatantly obvious we weren't going to score. If that's your problem, you'll struggle to pick up many points, which leads to certain consequences. It's basic football, how can you deny it?

The point I was making about dropping a place, is that it'll put us in a relegation play-off position. Sarcasm is such a low form of wit though. Why can't you handle reading criticism of your own side without having a panic attack? Very strange behaviour.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:50 am

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:We couldn't get anywhere near them, and weren't scoring in a million years. This was at home as well. If you can't score in home games against relatively poor sides like Rangers, then you're certainly a candidate for relegation. The first round of games is almost over and we're sitting 8th, but could drop further.

Yet again, you accuse me of posting 'nonsense' but have nothing to back it up with.

We couldn't get anywhere near them? Really? Report I read today suggested Ian Black got caught in possession so often it wasn't funny (which I agree with)...by your assessment it must have been by his own teammates.

We almost scored a couple of times, most notably when Kyle's header was cleared off the line. Apart from the "worldy" they did score I could say they weren't scoring in a million years.

Your final sentence is so astute I almost wet myself in excitement...we are 8th in a 10 club league but we could drop further? Well spotted that man.

We spent 95% of the second half chasing the game. Kyle's chance, as good an effort as it was, was against the run of play. We had nothing in the final 3rd, it got to the stage where it was blatantly obvious we weren't going to score. If that's your problem, you'll struggle to pick up many points, which leads to certain consequences. It's basic football, how can you deny it?

The point I was making about dropping a place, is that it'll put us in a relegation play-off position. Sarcasm is such a low form of wit though. Why can't you handle reading criticism of your own side without having a panic attack? Very strange behaviour.
    I can understand your frustration saying we had nothing in the final third as my point about passes make goals. We need to get White into the game more and it took a youngster Rutherford to make a decent cross which we nearly got a goal from. however we did compete very well on Saturday and my opinion remains the same, Hearts game being the exception,we are not far away from being the team that all of us want to see.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

I can understand your frustration saying we had nothing in the final third as my point about passes make goals. We need to get White into the game more and it took a youngster Rutherford to make a decent cross which we nearly got a goal from. however we did compete very well on Saturday and my opinion remains the same, Hearts game being the exception,we are not far away from being the team that all of us want to see.

Yeah, I agree. White and Hippolyte should be our strike partnership whenever possible. I can see what Glen offers, and he has useful assets, but I'm not sure his game fits in with our strongest style of play. He can't score goals at all. I think we need to find a formula to bring the midfield and strikers together, as it's always been one of our strong points in the past. If we had a Scougall/McNulty partnership on Saturday then the game would have been totally different. Without that though, it's frustrating to watch, and goals against the 'bigger' teams will be difficult to come by.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Smithy wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

Yeah, I agree. White and Hippolyte should be our strike partnership whenever possible. I can see what Glen offers, and he has useful assets, but I'm not sure his game fits in with our strongest style of play. He can't score goals at all. I think we need to find a formula to bring the midfield and strikers together, as it's always been one of our strong points in the past. If we had a Scougall/McNulty partnership on Saturday then the game would have been totally different. Without that though, it's frustrating to watch, and goals against the 'bigger' teams will be difficult to come by.
    We could have the same as Scougall/McNulty in Keighan/White if Keighan starts to play him in with some decent balls.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I agree
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v The Rangers - Page 2 Empty DJ: Ban Troublemakers

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:11 pm

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangerscomment/dj-ban-rangers-troublemakers-as-deterrent-183989n.25553620

I couldn't see what happened from my position in the commentary box. But it has been claimed police attempted to arrest a supporter who was clearly the worse for wear and scuffles broke out.

I read 4 were arrested for singing sectarian songs too, Johnstone mustn't have been able to hear them singing about Bobby Sands from his commentary box, or maybe just wants to ignore that problem.
    djs9750

Post by djs9750 Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:04 pm

It's all smoke and mirrors with these guys. You get all the something might have happened but I never saw/heard it. They never say anything bad about the bigot brothers. You can bet your bottom dollar there would be headlines if it was a team outwith the OF though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm

djs9750 wrote:It's all smoke and mirrors with these guys. You get all the something might have happened but I never saw/heard it. They never say anything bad about the bigot brothers. You can bet your bottom dollar there would be headlines if it was a team outwith the OF though.

There has been more headlines about our programme upsetting them than anything about their behaviour on Sat, and nothing about sectarianism. So you can sing all the sectarian crap you want at a game if you're a Sevco fan and it wont get any media coverage but woe betide you if you say oldco is dead.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Behaving like that at the age of 49. Christ, what a bunch of absolute fucking weirdos that lot really are.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:49 pm

The 49 yo was being huckled when the younger ones decided to jump down over the seats to stop the police by intimidation, so they've been identified of the ctv footage and charged too. Lol.

If they're going for the sectarian charges they could get that whole section over by the corner, that's where the worst of the songs were coming from.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Liviforever wrote:The 49 yo was being huckled when the younger ones decided to jump down over the seats to stop the police by intimidation, so they've been identified of the ctv footage and charged too. Lol.

If they're going for the sectarian charges they could get that whole section over by the corner, that's where the worst of the songs were coming from.

It gets me how they can claim to be innocent - although why the law decided that an interim football banning order was not appropriate is beyond me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am