The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ol1vercloff
orco
6 posters

Livi v Hearts

orco
    orco

Livi v Hearts Empty Livi v Hearts

Post by orco Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm

I watched the Celtic v Hearts game there and it has put the fear in me for Sunday. Rolling Eyes
    ol1vercloff

Livi v Hearts Empty Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by ol1vercloff Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:09 pm

I think a poor result on Sunday will have the boo boys out at full-time and calling for Martindale's head on social media No
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:19 pm

No point calling for his head, he won’t be sacked.

Hearts are a much better side than most folk realised, losing to them would not be embarrassing nor would it be sack-worthy, even if DM were not the manager. We were bottom earlier in the season & looked like we were never going to win… but we did.

On current form I’d say a draw is the best we can hope for.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:38 pm

Like Orco I have the fear too.Well be coming up against an angry Hearts who will have felt hard done by the other night and could be on the end of a backlash. My reasoning being,offensively they are way ahead of us at the moment.The long punt to lonesome Bruce just does not work and you can bet our former captain will mop anything that comes his way.He was very impressive along with Souter the other night. Of course we might just be able to upset the applecart and take something from this after the Sheep debacle.Im gonna look like an absolute arse if we beat them.Unlikely,just geez a point Livi.👊👊👊👊🦁.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:18 pm

2-1 to us. Looking forward to getting one over this shower again. Absolutely hate them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Welcome back Lexi. Thought you'd emigrated🤣.Hope your right.Tall order,but miracles do happen.🤞👊🦁.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:36 am

We need to keep Barrie McKay quiet tomorrow. I think he's at the heart (!) of a lot of what they do. He's an underrated player imo.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 pm

At least we won't be bottom after tomorrow. Mon the Lions.Believe.👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Dons game was just about as bad as the Hearts one at Tynnie, we were 2nd best and offered little goal threat, bad ref decisions aside we were lacklustre and woeful.

Big lift in energy and performance needed here, we're at home and are capable of beating anyone on our own turf, but we'll not get anything unless we're really up for it and at our best in defence and attack. I'm usually pretty optimistic going into games but really don't know what to expect from us here, hopefully the players surprise us all and take all 3 pts. Mon the Lions, get right in about them. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:26 pm

We had the better of the first half but the woodwork & a superb Gordon save kept us out. At HT I said that Hearts would come our more aggressive in the second half & Boyce, who hadn’t troubled us in the first half only needs 1 chance, sadly I was right on both counts & that was enough to decide it.

I thought we played relatively well but I also thought Neilsen bringing on Haring changed the game in their favour.

Here’s hoping we have better luck on Wednesday.

Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:18 pm

When I saw the starting 11 I shuddered. But credit to them.They were so unlucky not to go in at half time at least one up.To get hit with the suckered punch right after the break was galling to say in the least.A lot of fight from us I thought with unfortunately nothing to show for our efforts. The rotation of the squad is I suppose something we have to get used to what with the amount of games we've got so quickly.Thought the boys Penrice and Mcmillen who came in did themselves proud.All in all we deserved something from that which I thought unlikely pre match.And don't get me started on Neilson, what an arse.Never gave the 4th official peace all afternoon. Embarrassing from him.Anyway hope the lads recover for Wednesday night and be ready to go again against Hubs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:11 am

Yep sore one to lose after dominating the first half so much.

I know DM was prob resting Anderson a bit with the heavy fixture list we have this month, but i just wish he'd started and subbed him 2nd half instead, the way we played it through midfield and over the top would've really suited Anderson, and prob got us a goal or two, Shinnie just isn't a goal scoring striker.

Some difference in energy to our midfield with Omeonga and McMillan, with the added class of Sibbald too. Just a pity we couldn't get the break through goal, it would've made all the difference.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:56 am

Do we need a 'half-time teamtalk coach'? I can't remember the last time we came out in the second half of a game all guns blazing! The first half was the best I've seen us play in a while, the second half made me consider throwing my season ticket at Martindale! I'm caressing the panic button now Sad

Also, hope I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a few monkey chants from the Hearts fans after a chant about Marvin Bartley Evil or Very Mad
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:42 pm

Agreed Oliver; we have Horlicks or Ovaltine as the half-time cuppa; I’ve been whinging about that at least since Hoppy was in charge & the common denominator is DM.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 pm

Doubt any team can keep that sort of performance up both halves, Ross County didn't even manage it for a full 45 mins, after running us ragged for 20 odd mins, and should've been 3-0 up against us. The key was getting goals/a goal, when we were so dominant, and we didn't manage that, which gave Hearts the chance to get back into the game 2nd half and go ahead. And for me, that was because Anderson sat on the bench and Shinnie played up front. That and Gordon making some cracking saves.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:42 pm

I was heartened by that performance. Just shows we still have it in us. Disappointed we didn't get anything to show for it but that's fitba'.
    As usual we got nothing from the officials. No surprise there.
    Hope we can repeat it on Wednesday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:40 am

orco wrote:I was heartened by that performance. Just shows we still have it in us. Disappointed we didn't get anything to show for it but that's fitba'.
    As usual we got nothing from the officials. No surprise there.
    Hope we can repeat it on Wednesday.

Martindale fired an email off to the head official highlighting a few errors against us. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/david-martindale-goes-to-the-very-top-to-highlight-refereeing-errors-going-against-livingston-3484599

Particularly agree with him on this part;
    "I just feel as a smaller club, you don't get the big decisions going your way. It seems to be every time a Livingston player tackles, it's a yellow card but when there's a role reversal, it's a talking to or it just gets played on.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:40 am

Its been so depressing watching Davies post match briefings recently. He looks done in.But when you are who we are and our lowley position as well,decisions generally go against you.Weve put so much into certain games ,Sunday being a prime example and came away with nothing.If we can turn those chances into goals we'd be a lot healthier than we are at the moment. Yeh I get injuries suspensions Covid etc,but its not rocket science after all.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:45 am

Troy wrote:Its been so depressing watching Davies post match briefings recently. He looks done in.But when you are who we are and our lowley position as well,decisions generally go against you.Weve put so much into certain games ,Sunday being a prime example and came away with nothing.If we can turn those chances into goals we'd be a lot healthier than we are at the moment. Yeh I get injuries suspensions Covid etc,but its not rocket science after all.

Getting bit on the arse with that guaranteeing we're not going to be relegated statement too, Sportscene lead with that in the intro to our game against Hearts, smart arse c****.

For what it's worth i agree with him, despite where we currently are, i've seen enough in the last 8 games to think we'll stay up, and the games before that had a reason for not getting points, even if some folk on our FB page will just write that off as excuses, they genuinely were valid reasons with players playing with illnesses and injuries, how anyone can think having 3 players playing while showing they were ill, 2 were spewing up at HT and one during the game and had to go off, and the guy who replaced him had a rib injury but that's how desperate we were with players not available, then another taking a diabetic seizure, and it didn't effect our performance, is beyond me.

Anyway, Sibbald being back is also a big lift, he's another who has had a horrible time with injuries and illness, hope Bailey was just being rested for the Hibs game too, he's been terrific in that good spell of 5 games undefeated. Things change so quickly with a couple of wins, including the fans with their walking on a Winter wonderland/bah humbug moods. santa
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:02 am

Yeh,agree about Sibbs.He was angry at being subbed the other day,even punched a hole in the dugout roof.Also can't wait for Pitts to come back as well,hearing won't be long.We are on so many forums Some differ from others.You do occasionally get a decent critique on them but agree some go overboard.Fitba eh!😜🤣👍.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:13 pm

I miss the old LiviLions forum days! All of our nugget supporters all under one roof, having barneys and falling out! Happy days!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:01 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:I miss the old LiviLions forum days!  All of our nugget supporters all under one roof, having barneys and falling out!  Happy days!

The times when Flynn and Massone posted on there was something else, pair of chancers took it to a new level of entertainment. Had some good heated arguments myself on that forum, during the admins. lol!
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:00 am

I seem to remember hearing that Tony Bullock was reading the forums and private messaging his (many) critics, inviting them to meet for a 'chat' Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:06 pm

Aye forgot about that, players really shouldn't read fans forums. lol!

On P&B there was a mum of one of our players sticking up for her son, again not a good idea reading a fans forum when your son plays for the team, even worse idea posting on it defending him, you'll end up being ripped to shreds and making a fool of yourself. Not particularly by Livi fans, other teams fans are going to take the piss out of you.

The FB page is like that too though, a few years ago there was trouble at Dumbarton with young guys pissed off their heids smashing a glass bottle, shouting racial abuse at a Livi player, and one having a fight with another Livi fan (he got punched and was dragged backwards over the seats) because he spilt/chucked hot bovril over him. Sure he got banned, and his mum was on the FB page trying to say he was innocent, got ripped by fans that were at the game and saw what happened, then the dad came on and was threatening folk with 'a visit'. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm