The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:12 pm

Never a classic playing St Johnstone, expecting a draw or a narrow 1-0 win/defeat, and with Clancy officiating we're really up against it too, fecker was off his nut card happy against us in the Aberdeen game, dishing out 9 yellows and a red, and hardly booked Aberdeen.

Hopefully Martindale has done a lot of work on Soto taking over the Anderson role, and he starts scoring goals, we really could do with winning this, then seeing where we sit with one pre split game left. Mon the Lions, lets do this and get all 3 pts. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:35 pm

Yeah, in normal circumstances I’d say we’re better than them but they are now fighting to stay clear of Dundee and we never seem to do well up there (good recent results notwithstanding). 3 points would be a godsend, 1 would be ok.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:03 am

Havenae got a good feeling about this one. Neutral
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:16 am

orco wrote:Havenae got a good feeling about this one. Neutral

What game do you have a good feeling about Orco? Laughing

Btw i agree with you, lol! St Johnstone AND Motherwell aren't ever games i look forward to thinking we'll get a win.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:46 am

I'm reluctant to talk about the Motherwell game till after tomorrow. As for the game tomorrow, I too am feeling a bit uneasy.Its winnable yes,but with the position St Johnstone find themselves in at the moment will make this a war of nerves imo.As I've said lately,the loss of Bruce is a huge blow to us as per our aspirations for top six.Personally ive yet to be convinced on Soto. Would love him to prove me wrong of course and I sincerely hope that he takes his chance to show us what he can do.Anybodies guess as to the starting lineup, but will be interesting to see how Davie approaches this game.Anyway,our objective has been gained and for me anything will be seen as a bonus.So come on Livi,have a real go and possibly we just might have an unaccustomed end of a decent season for us.Just do it.🦁👊⬆👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:03 pm

My guess at the starting line up…

Stryjek
    Devlin Obileye Fitzwater Penrice
    Pittman Holt Omeonga
    Bailey Forrest
    Nouble

But I hope he starts Nouble out wide and if he does then I’d like to see Forrest up top.

Alternatively put Shinnie in midfield and have Nouble & Forrest up front in a 4-4-2
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:12 pm

I'll go for;

Stryjek

Devlin            Fitzwater             Obileye            Penrice

Holt                Pittman             Omeonga

Nouble              Soto               Forrest
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:58 am

Just don’t see him starting Soto, not seen enough from him in his limited game time to suggest he has what it takes - that said I’d love it if he proved to be the answer. Maybe he can raise his game & get himself in the USA WC squad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:24 am

Auld Nick wrote:Just don’t see him starting Soto, not seen enough from him in his limited game time to suggest he has what it takes - that said I’d love it if he proved to be the answer. Maybe he can raise his game & get himself in the USA WC squad

There was an article with Martindale saying he wanted Soto to step up and take his chance as the No9 when Anderson is out injured, and he's been putting in the hard yards training. That's 2 weeks he'll have been getting ready for this game knowing Anderson is out for the season, and Soto is the natural replacement for him.

Just waiting for Chucky to be listed in our starting XI's No9 now.lol!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:34 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:Havenae got a good feeling about this one. Neutral

What game do you have a good feeling about Orco? Laughing

Btw i agree with you,  lol!  St Johnstone AND Motherwell aren't ever games i look forward to thinking we'll get a win.

I just have games I don't have a good feeling about. Some games I don't feel like that but I absolutely never have a game that I have a good feeling about. That would be too scary for me. What a Face

I do like it when you say you have a good feeling about a game though, LFL, because you are often right.

Wonder if Rooney, the scourge of Livi, will pop up with one today.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:04 pm

Or if Clancy will give us a fair crack of the whip.🤷‍�.I doubt it and thats what worries me.🙈.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:16 pm

Penalty conceded inside 3 mins and we are behind
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:02 pm

Cant fathom how we're behind here.Weve dominated them.Just a shame we haven't that cutting edge up front.So frustrating.Chasing a point now. Got to get back into this.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Sounds like we couldn’t buy a goal today and should have had a pen late on and a missed near-sitter by Ayo at the end.

Other results mean that IF we beat Motherwell next week we could still get top 6…it’s a big if and relies on more draws involving the teams around us. Getting top 6 is the only way I’ll believe we are safe.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:23 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Sounds like we couldn’t buy a goal today and should have had a pen late on and a missed near-sitter by Ayo at the end.

Other results mean that IF we beat Motherwell next week we could still get top 6…it’s a big if and relies on more draws involving the teams around us. Getting top 6 is the only way I’ll believe we are safe.

Yes and yes, def pen but Clancy screwing us again, and Ayo had a sitter at the end with his header past the post. Game of 2 pens, no complaints about theirs, Fitzwater smashed him with his elbow, silly foul to give away the pen, but it was a blatant hand ball by them, their player was falling and moved his arm to deflect the ball away, Clancy again making a massive error in a game. Draw would've been fair over the piece, and made it still in our own hands.

All in all we're still in with a chance, but we're reliant on either Hearts or Aberdeen doing us a turn, and us winning against Motherwell. We need to get the win, then hope Hibs lose to Hearts, or Aberdeen at least get a draw against County, if County win and Hibs draw or win then we're bottom six. So here's hoping next week Hearts gub Hibs, or Aberdeen get a win or a draw, and we beat Motherwell.

Just to add, ridiculous the amount of times Nouble is being fouled and gets nothing, even got a foul against him when he was being fouled, then Davidson throws himself in front of Nouble, taking him out as he fell over him. Eventually got a foul when Davidson injured him, chopping him down, and Davidson finally got booked.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:47 pm

We don’t need Hearts to win if we win

If Hibs draw and we win, they will have 39 points and we will have 40.
    What is amazing is that United looked like they’d sown up their place until Hibs equalised… now they could still miss out if they lost to Dundee and 3 of the 4 that can catch or beat 40 points win (GD swing would have to go against them too but that is tight and conceivably could come down to goals scored).

Bottom line is we need to win our game and see how the other results end up but if we win & Hibs & Ross don’t, then we are in the top 6.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:16 pm

Have taken time to digest this.Right will try to stay composed.Obileys chance at the end kinda summed up our day in Perth.I genuinely think while watching live their pen was soft at best.But as a defender,Jack must have known,FFS keep your arms down,and he'll know that.Dissapointingly,for the remainder of the game,we virtually dominated that game.Max could have sat among us without being relatively troubled by a poor Saints side.Spoke about Clancy pre match,and he didn't dissapoint.Absulute shocker from him and his so called assistants. Il take a defeat fairly if deserved.But fech me you guys saw it.Is this gonna sum up our season.Top 6 gone. But more importantly hope we're still safe from 11th. So frustrating, wheres the fridge 🍻🍻🍻.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:27 am

So we win next week and Motherwell, St Mirren and Aberdeen are out of contention for getting above us in the top 6, then we need a at least a draw from either Hearts v Hibs or Aberdeen v County games.

Hopefully 3 comfortable home wins for Livi, Aberdeen & Hearts just to make it an enjoyable afternoon not jangling my nerves watching the scores.

The main thing is we have to beat Motherwell to give ourselves a chance, then see where the points fall in the 2 other games that affect us, and if we can't win at home against Well, we just don't deserve it anyway.

The St Johnstone game was the one i was most worried about, and couldn't see us getting more than a draw there, which we should've had from a blatant hand ball penalty that was denied to us, and i still feel we can beat Motherwell at home without Watt in their team, even though we'll be without Anderson.

ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:50 am

Everyone was hopeless on Saturday. Particularly Soto and Omeonga. Max even looked close to dropping a clanger at some point. St Johnstone were very good at getting decisions from the ref, but we should have done more with the possession we had.

Anyone else looking at the bottom end of the table and slightly bricking it?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:26 am

Not yet, but if we finish bottom 6 our post split track record doesn’t fill me with confidence & if we do end the season with our usual whimper we will drop like a stone. Dundee won’t catch us but I don’t fancy the play offs.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:22 am

I'd love to be proved wrong, but there's no way we'll beat Motherwell. So bottom 6 it is. I fear we'll be praying for St Johnstone and others below us at the moment to lose the rest of their games, or at least not better our results.

#everthepessimist
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:16 pm

If St Johnstone can make up 7 pts, prob 8 pts as they've a hefty -GD which is another point added, in 5 games (they'll get pumped silly next week against Celtic), i'll give you the money myself. No danger, they're shite and wont win 3 of their last 5 games.

And if we're not motivated enough to beat Motherwell next week at home then we don't deserve top 6 either, but i think we will be, and we'll get a win, which regardless of where we finish we'll be well clear of 11th place.

Also think St Mirren should be worried, 4 defeats in their last 5 games is squeaky bum form for them, their GD is as bad as St Johnstone's too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:31 pm

St J are 2 home wins and an away draw in their last 3 games against teams allegedly trying to secure a top 6 spot, I agree they are not a good side but at this stage of the season momentum is everything, they have it, we don’t. Write them off at your peril. They can conceivably beat anyone in the bottom half.

And St M maybe 4 defeats in 5 but they are only 1 point behind us & we’re on 3 defeats in a row… so if their bums are squeaking what are ours doing?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:05 pm

Auld Nick wrote:St J are 2 home wins and an away draw in their last 3 games against teams allegedly trying to secure a top 6 spot, I agree they are not a good side but at this stage of the season momentum is everything, they have it, we don’t. Write them off at your peril. They can conceivably beat anyone in the bottom half.

And St M maybe 4 defeats in 5 but they are only 1 point behind us & we’re on 3 defeats in a row… so if their bums are squeaking what are ours doing?

They got their last win from 2 refereeing blunders, doubt that'll keep happening for them.

I really think St Mirren under Robinson could be in trouble, and can't see us being down there. Still think we'll beat Moherwell and you're all bricking it for no reason, so i'll get back to you after Saturday and see who's right. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am