The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Wont make this one as i'm going to pick up my Australian Labradoodle pup, and doubt i'd be able to swing by Perth and leave everyone sitting about in the car waiting on me for a couple of hours.Laughing

Expect this will be another tough battle against the fermers, so hopefully Halkett is straight back into defence and we don't do the usual after a player comes back from a suspension and stick with Odoffin for the first half till we go behind 3-0. Would like to see Byrne back in too, partnering Keaghan and Pittman in midfield.

Also hoping we start with BSLM and Dolly up front, it'll be physical and those two will certainly be up to the task.
    orco
    orco

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by orco Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Cannae mind the last time we won up there. Apart from the Challenge Cup final.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:59 am

Time we did then
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 03, 2019 8:27 pm

All tough games in this league and this will be no different.Perth a hard place to go at the best of times.Their a decent outfit with a very good manager in Tommy Wright and will be hard to break down.their offence is pretty usefull as well.Im sure Gary will have something up his sleeve to utilise any problems they may cause us.Hope Dolly starts tommorow if only for the nuisance value he brings and of course goes without saying we have players who can hurt them on their day.Was thinking a share of the spoils here but what the hell lets go for the win in what some might see as a meaningless game with the possible exception of financial gain due to league placings although like a few others i reckon we will finish the season where we are.Any way good luck to Gary and the boys and Cmon Livi lets........
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm

DO IT!!!!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat May 04, 2019 11:28 pm

Boy will we miss Halkett next season. It wasn't just the wonder goal, he also picked up everything at the back and won every header. I hope Hearts appreciate him.
    It was a pretty even game with neither goalie having much to do. Saints had the edge until the last 15 minutes when we came to life. It was a pretty experimental line up really, I suppose to see how some guys would perform. Dolly was very lively and the midfield put in their usual hard shift. We looked a wee bit disjointed though with all the changes.
    The referee was extremely one sided and as you will guess not on the Livi side. Miller had two hands on his shoulders and sometimes round his waist every time the ball came near him but never a foul. Every 50/50 foul was against us. The stats give you a fair idea of what was going on. 18 fouls to their 7. We should be used to it but I still get riled.
    Winning the next two games would take us up at least one place but it's probably more important to give players a game than put out our strongest side.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 05, 2019 4:50 am

Have heard a rumour that Kelly might be on his way... so how did Stewart do in goal?
    italion

Post by italion Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 am

Stewart didn’t have much to do. He is much better at “kicking “ than Kelly.
    I thought Lamie looked an able replacement for Halkett playing in the centre of a back three.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun May 05, 2019 11:32 am

Yeh a decent point for the Lions yesterday.It looks like Gary has one eye on next season already with all the changes he made.Dolly getting pelters on their forums for his robust style but i wouldnt change him as thats his best quality to rough players up within reason and generrally cause defenders problems with his nuisance value alone.Agree Halketis gonna be a big miss for us but hopefully someone can step up to the plate in his place.Bit gutted that Dundee got sent down yesterday as i wanted us to do it.kinda makes next weeks game immaterial but will be there to give the guys the home send off they more than deserve.Well done Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Defenders are all over strikers grabbing hold of them so feck em, they dish it out they should learn to take it when Dolly roughs them up. Love his style of play, really exciting player when he's on form and fit. Has a big arse too and uses it well to knock players back when he's shielding the ball. Laughing

Some hit by Halkett for our goal, takes a wee swerve at the end to take it away from the keeper too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am