The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Could we get our first league away win, tune in on Sat to find out. Laughing

St Johnstone are a tough nut to crack, esp away from home, not an easy team to score against, has 1-0 St Johnstone written all over it, with Stryjek chucking the ball into his own net. Hope springs eternal though, ever the optimist, we're winning this 2-1. Mon the Lions. cheers
    orco
    orco

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by orco Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:30 am

We rarely win at McDiarmid even when we are playing well and St Johnstone are not. It's one of those grounds where I get a sense of foreboding as soon as I go in.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:40 am

Still waiting for that spark to kick start our season.Unfortunatly I don't think it'll happen on Saturday.Tough game to come back to after the Int break.Would be good to get one or two of the injured players back.Im not saying its impossible to get a result up there ,just highly unlikely givin our poor form lately and Saints have had a decent start so far.Anyway looking forward to getting back to the nitty gritty and hopefully having a right good go.Mon the Lions 🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 pm

The spark should have happened when we beat Celts, now we need a blazing fire rather than a spark.

As Orco mentioned our record at Perth is poor, I anticipate that fact will be unthreatened.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:07 pm

We had a shit record up there yep, but recently it hasn't been as bad as you think, got a win and a draw there last season, and over the last 3 seasons we've managed a win, 3 draws and 2 1-0 defeats. Don't write us off just yet.

5 players returning to the match squad too, with Keaghan, Pitts, Sibbald, Kabia, and Barden doing some training this week. Don't expect any will start, but could see a couple getting on as sub 2nd half.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:03 am

Apparently Efe has given St Johnstone the blue print on how to beat us.

Lets hope we press Ambrose to feck and know he'll try and fake passing it back to the keeper then turn back up the pitch, and wont be fooled by him doing that old trick of his. More often than not we'd get the ball off him, just holding our ground waiting for him to turn back and sticking a foot out to get the ball.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:53 am

Watch out for Chris Kane diving. He was at it all the time playing us last season.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Best 45 I've seen from us in a long time.2 well taken goals,albeit the 2nd fortioutis.Looking decent at the back as well.Keep going Livi.Big second half ahead.🤞🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Fuck me what a start, came out the traps like greyhounds on E's, blew them away for Bailey's goal. Dropped off a bit after that then got presented with a gift for our 2nd, well stuck away by Anderson though.

Now just don't do the Livi of a couple of seasons ago and blow a 2 goal lead, score a 3rd and kill them off. Mon the Lions.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:23 pm

Pleasantly surprised by the first half score line. Hope I’m still pleasantly surprised at the end.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Can confidently say,GAME OVER.🦁🦁🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Pittman makes it 3-0.

Anderson with a goal & 2 assists (need to rename these as a Brucie Bonus)
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Terrific result today, just a pity we can’t climb the table but at least we have put a bit of distance between us & County. A draw between Dundee & Aberdeen wouldn’t be too bad a result later
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:35 pm

TBH,you won't hear me shouting from the rooftops,we're back.But having said that my enthusiasm has just had a massive kick up the arse.I asked pre match to give us a wee spark,and by god we got it.For me we literally bossed that game and managed it throughout. Defence solid,midfield strolled this and our counters were a joy to watch.Great to see Pitts and Sibbs back too.Omeanga Holt were terrific limiting chances to Saints and big Max had a good afternoon as well.All in All a workmanlike performance from the boys and I'm sure the lads will enjoy their night.I certainly will. Well done Livi.I can still hear the boos from the Saints fans in my ears,pleasing.👍🦁🍻🍻🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Pittman makes it 3-0.

Anderson with a goal & 2 assists (need to rename these as a Brucie Bonus)

Special mention to Efe too, excellent defending from agent Ambrose for our 2nd and 3rd goals. santa
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Build up play and finish for Bailey's goal was fantastic, Anderson using his strength to bounce off the challenge was good too. Anderson pounced and hit it early to beat Clark for our 2nd, which was key to scoring, and pressure on them forced mistakes for our 3rd, good cut back from Anderson too, and classic Pittman finish, sliding in to score.

Must be the best performance we've had through there, but as i pointed out earlier, our recent record there isn't too bad. Interesting their home commentary said they'd dropped far too many points to us at home, when the general opinion of Livi fans was our away record at McDiarmid was pish poor. Laughing

Excellent win for us, pity we lost to St Mirren when we dominated that game, or we'd be in a decent position, but as Bertie said, it puts distance on Ross County, and providing we beat them next week, we'll be well away from them and heading in the right direction for the home game against Utd.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Great result for United today too though; they are punching miles above their weight this season & not conceding goals
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:16 pm

And Dundee as well Bertie.Great result for us today.But we are going to deliver performances like today to drag ourselves away from where we are.So called lesser teams are getting results around us.Thats the only downer.But we know we're in a battle to stay in this League. Today gives us that wee bit hope.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:14 pm

What a difference it made having a proper striker up front, and actually supporting him in an away game, we hadn't scored away from home in the league, then we score 3 in the one game when we attacked in numbers. Hopefully it wasn't a one off, Anderson looks a good player when he has support, and doesn't just get isolated with long balls hit up to him.

Was looking for us to be on 3 pts at this stage from our last 2 games, just not in this order, pity we lost to St Mirren with them shooting away from us, but next week could see us up to 8th and only 3 pts off St Mirren again. Fixtures are favouring us with St Mirren playing Sevco, St Johnstone away to Celtic, and Dundee away to Hearts, we just need to make sure we put in another performance like yesterday and beat Ross County.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Oh BTW.

Liviforever wrote:Could we get our first league away win, tune in on Sat to find out. Laughing

St Johnstone are a tough nut to crack, esp away from home, not an easy team to score against, has 1-0 St Johnstone written all over it, with Stryjek chucking the ball into his own net. Hope springs eternal though, ever the optimist, we're winning this 2-1. Mon the Lions. cheers

Yes we could, was a bit pessimistic with my 2-1 prediction though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Yeah, you called it when we beat Celtic & you called it again for this game.

The bottom 5 are pretty tight now so 3 points from Dingwall would be massive.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Don't know if this had any bearing on us winning, but i wore my Livi bawbag boxers for the first time yesterday, may have to wear them next Saturday again to see if they were a lucky charm, and it could become a match day ritual for me. lol!

St Johnstone v Livi Living10
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:29 pm

Comfy?

You can’t wash them until we lose now, you know?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 pm

I'll have to put them on just before ko, and take them back off again right after the game then, and maybe get away with not washing them for a few weeks. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Have to say I was so impressed by Anderson on Saturday.His predatory instinct to be in the right place at the right time is the player ive been waiting for. Give him the right service and hel do a great job for us.Well done Bruce.👏🦁.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:31 am