The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:51 am

Looking a bit brighter for us going into this game, never an easy place for us up in Perth, but St J's are on 4 defeats in a row and not looking too clever, and Bruce finding his goal scoring boots along with Montano, Holt, Pittman and even Nouble all returning to the match squad, it's an ideal time to be playing them up there. Not sure if Nouble will get a game right enough, hoping Martindale wont do a Bruce on him, keeping him wrapped in cotton till about 6 more games time, we need him back playing to give us a link up player with Bruce, getting balls into the box.

Quite confident of another win here, i'll go for 3-0 Livi.

I see this game is on bbc alba at 6pm.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:41 am

Always a brighter outlook after a win…however, whenever Saints are on a bad run they come up against us and turn their season around… so a point would be a bonus… Saints will sneak a scrappy game methinks
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:30 pm

St Johnstone away and Motherwell away are two games that give me anxiety.
    Hope my fears are unfounded and that the cheating diver called Stevie May gets found out early doors.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:56 pm

Hopefully our injuries will have eased ever so slightly for this one.The Fermers will have their own agenda i suspect,but for some strange reason I'm reasonably confident of 3 points here as opposed to sitting on the fence accustomed as I am to that scenario.😃.Be interesting to see the starting lineup with Davie going along the line of last week I reckon unless any of the aforementioned are fit to go.Decent day out up in Perth and hopefully we get at them from the start and give them a right good pumping.Sorry I'm getting carried away with my over confidence 🙈.Anyway Mon the Lions 👊🦁⬆👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:19 pm

I'll bring you back down to earth Troy, Clancy is on VAR, if we keep 11 men on the pitch this game it'll be a miracle.

Expect Pittman and Holt to be back in the starting line up, both played in a reserve game this week, Nouble will prob be on the bench, just hope he gets on as a sub the last 20 mins or so.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:08 am

Awe,bugger me.Sorry L/F.Didnt realise he was involved. Oh well,back on the fence I go.🙈.Just don't balls it up Livi.🤞.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:40 am

With Hearts winning last night it would be a huge 3 points for us if we can get them today as we would then have a slight cushion between us & 7th place.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:42 am

The 40 mile an hour wind forecast will likely have an impact today. Could be a bit of a lottery. I hope our luck is in. I'd rather play the big teams in bad weather though. It helps to level things a bit.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:07 pm

Martindale playing games letting us think Nouble would be in the squad today, then has Guthrie instead, oh joy. I just don't rate Guthrie at all, better than Goncalves but that wouldn't be difficult.

St Johnstone v Livi St_j_l10

At least we've a strong bench with Pittman, Montano and Holt back, and Bahamboula in there too. Should've known Martindale would stick with the same line up as last week, after we won, only fair for the players i suppose, coming in and getting us a win.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:16 pm

Yep,as I suspected earlier, same lineup as last week.But agree ,strong bench should we need it,which givin the officials i reckon we will.🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:54 pm

Well, well, well…. 3 up by half time and we still needed a 4th to calm the storm as Saints attempted to fight back. Excellent 3 points and sitting 4th regardless of other teams with games in hand.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights… cos I forgot it was on Alba.

Now we need to cement it by getting another 3 on Wednesday night
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:42 pm

Wow,what a game.Just about thawed out.Firstly horrendous conditions played on the proverbial tattie field.Got to admit my arse was tightening when they pulled it back.But credit to the team for putting it beyond Saints.Kelly and Penners showing we don't need strikers 🤣.We did take our foot of the gas which normally happens when you're 3 up and we did in normal circumstances in that 2nd half.Cant really blame Shamal for their two goals,remembering he pulled of a couple of decent saves when we were well in front.All in all 3 terrific points at a tough place to go to.And Thankfully VAR was reasonably quite today.Up to 4th again.Still defying the odds.Bring on Wednesday night against the Tangerines. 👊🦁👏⬆.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:20 pm

Sorry,but just to edit my post.Watching highlights of the other games.All games played on absolute tattie fields. Definitely not conjusive to silky football. Yet they continuesly slag us off for our bowling green.Yeh I get it.Football should be played on grass.But FFS.State of those pitches.Laughable.🤣🤣🤣.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 pm

Aye, just arseholes that say grass pitches are better than ours when you get to this stage of the season and see the state of them.

Managed to avoid seeing the result so i didn't know the score when i watched it on bbc alba, thought i'd jinxed it when i was just after saying to the missus it makes a changed watching us feeling all relaxed being 3 up, then they go and score a quick double to peg us back to 3-2. Shocked lol!  Thank feck wee Penrice got our 4th to make it a comfortable watch again.

Cracking goals by Kelly and the 4th by Penrice, some finishes. Hope Bruce is ok, and it's nothing serious. Guthrie came on and fell down the first 3 challenges, big haddie.

Up to 4th we go, and putting some distance between us and the bottom 6 teams. Now lets hunt down Hearts for 3rd. Very Happy
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:01 pm

How the fech you managed to avoid the score L/F.?.Lickey Lads from the 70s comes to mind..Look it up and youl see what I mean.Was fechin freezing up there,but the hyperthermia is just about subsiding. Arabs on Wednesday night might having me to adjust my season prediction of 8th for dare I say it a pop at🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺.???🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 pm

Aye i've watched that episode a few times. Just had to avod looking at my phone when a Livi WhatsApp group text came up, and stayed off the internet. Was tempted to look at the FT score when St Johnstone scored their 2 goals, but managed to stay strong and watch it till we got our 4th, made my goal celebrations pretty full on, esp our 4th one. lol!

Troy likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:13 am

Well done on that. My oldest has the updates from SkyApp switched on and messages whenever something happens, so I usually just watch Soccer Saturday if I’m not at the game. I’d forgotten we were on Alba as well so couldn’t pre-empt it by saying don’t message.

I said we’d probably get a draw at 2-0 and seems I was right as we needed the two goals from Penners

Need to reinforce this terrific run of away wins with a home win on Wednesday and maybe we can think about getting those passports dug out and dusted off
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:01 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Well done on that. My oldest has the updates from SkyApp switched on and messages whenever something happens, so I usually just watch Soccer Saturday if I’m not at the game. I’d forgotten we were on Alba as well so couldn’t pre-empt it by saying don’t message.

I said we’d probably get a draw at 2-0 and seems I was right as we needed the two goals from Penners

Need to reinforce this terrific run of away wins with a home win on Wednesday and maybe we can think about getting those passports dug out and dusted off

Suspect

What if we hadn't scored the other two goals we'd have drawn. lol!

Got to admit, i got worried when it was 3-2, just thought of Motherwell last season blowing a 2 goal lead here we go again. 4th goal went in and i was shouting YESSSSSSSSSSS at the telly. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:38 pm

All right, we needed the 1st Penners goal. Bottom line is we needed at least 3 goals to win it, so my flippant comment of suggesting we might get a draw when we went 2 up ended up being fairly accurate and having seen the highlights our defending for both goals was pretty poor, had we only been 2 up at HT and the first 20 minutes of the second half developed the way it did, it would have been 2-2 with 25 to play and Saints with all the momentum. Thanks to Penners 1st goal we had that extra cushion which gave us a foundation to reassert ourselves and bag an excellent 4th.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am