The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Aberdeen v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:07 pm

Tough game to start our post split fixtures with, they beat us the first two games we played them this season but we got a win over them in our last encounter, for some reason, gut feeling, i think we're going to win this one.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Aberdeen v Livi Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:56 pm

A win would almost certainly secure our status, for that very reason I suspect a defeat is coming our way.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:39 am

Think I'll split you two and go for a draw.Sorry for sitting on the fence here.Reckon if Aberdeen have their holiday flip flops on we could get something here.Theyl want to finish whats been a dissapointing season for a club their size on a high.Our record against them recently isn't exactly encouraging. Wonder if Bruce will be back for this.Would love to see him score against them again.Weve got that cushion and I hope the players continue to keep that gap and let those below us battle it out.Were on the home stretch and hopefully can bring the season to a positive conclusion. Cmon the Lions.👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:24 pm

Aye would be a welcoming surprise if Bruce made an appearance, hopefully Sibbald makes the squad too, two players we've really missed.

Troy likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:10 pm

Dundee could do us all a favour by beating St J or at least drawing with them. It’s a must win for them though, 5 points adrift with 5 games remaining, defeat means they go 8 adrift with 4 remaining, so I expect Dundee to really give it a go.

St M at home to Hibs… will the sacking of Maloney work for or against Hibs? I expect Saints to capitalise.

Aberdeen on the beach? I think not, they are only 6 ahead of St J and in largely poor form. I expect them to come at us all guns blazing.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:21 am

I'd take a draw in this one.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:13 am

Sky Sports News saying Bruce could return.Might have to revise my expectations, but I'd take a point up there as well tbh.👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Devlin!!!

Mon Livi!!!!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:53 pm

Not the best half I've seen.Great save from Lewis to deny us.But we're in front.Just hope we remember to keep going right to the end.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:58 pm

Ahead of Motherwell and Ross County on points, but below them in the league. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Just to edit,wtf was Max doing.Got to cut that out,could cost us eventually 🙈👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm

Liviforever wrote:Tough game to start our post split fixtures with, they beat us the first two games we played them this season but we got a win over them in our last encounter, for some reason, gut feeling, i think we're going to win this one.

Was never in doubt. Cool

That's us and Hibs level with Utd in 4th place. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Yeh,all good and well,pardon the pun.We know we should be in that top six,but enough has been said about that so will wind ma knock in.On todays game,genuinely unexpected but what a shift the boys put in.Max and Obiley with brain farts aside,wasn't a classic but Nickys persistence and a stonewall pen ensured we're just about there.Even I will say we're safe.Gonna be galling come the end of the season when we see our points tally against those above us.Was hoping to see Bruce make an appearance today,but obviously saving him for the run it.Retrospectivly weve got to be happy with our position ,albeit shades of what might have been.Weve done well,God that pun again🤣.Forgive me.And on a personal note,Newcastle won again.Wheres the fridge.👏🤣🦁🖤🤍🍻🍻🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:49 pm

Wonder if the 7th placed team has ever had more points than the 6th, 5th and 4th placed teams. I know 7th has finished on more points than 6th a few times, but can't remember being as far up as the 4th placed team. Reckon we'd have got above Utd into 4th if we'd made the top 6, even playing the harder teams, so can see us beating their points tally playing in the bottom 6.

Wont matter any right enough, but it would be good to finish the season on a high accumulating more points than three top 6 teams.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Can recall this has happened before L/F.Kinda makes the top six a nonsense. But we've got to live with it.Bloody annoying though after today.🙈.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Top 6 bottom 6 split has always been a nonsense IMO, it brings security to bottom half of the top 6 but it is a false picture of the league. It is effectively a 33 game season with a 5 game play off season.
    It does bring some excitement but as I said it gives a false picture.

That said, today’s result coupled with the draw at Dens effectively secures top flight status. Dundee can no longer match or surpass our current points total & St Johnstone need 4 wins out of 4 coupled with us suffering 4 defeats to surpass our current points total.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights and what the fuss over Max was all about.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:40 pm

Will let you decide Nick.On another day that would have went against us,and how many times has that happened to us this season.Nearvy at the end,but we've got the points and theve not.They need to worry about their position, we don't.👏🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:41 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Top 6 bottom 6 split has always been a nonsense IMO, it brings security to bottom half of the top 6 but it is a false picture of the league. It is effectively a 33 game season with a 5 game play off season.
    It does bring some excitement but as I said it gives a false picture.

That said, today’s result coupled with the draw at Dens effectively secures top flight status. Dundee can no longer match or surpass our current points total & St Johnstone need 4 wins out of 4 coupled with us suffering 4 defeats to surpass our current points total.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights and what the fuss over Max was all about.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1517876861782609921
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:24 pm

Well, it looks to me like some of the bad decisions against us were repaid in one game.

Max should have been sent off… he will be banned anyway by the compliance officer… Aberdeen should also have had a pen in the same incident. At least the wee Aberdeen lad had a real reason to collapse in a heap for once.

McRorie two yellows looked on the soft side, the first one maybe was justifiable, the second was a joke.

Shinnie did well to give the ref a decision to make but that was never a pen for us.

The pen for them was probably right but it was also a softish one.

On the plus side, great anticipation by Devlin to open the scoring & 3 priceless points.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:40 am

Auld Nick wrote:Well, it looks to me like some of the bad decisions against us were repaid in one game.

Max should have been sent off… he will be banned anyway by the compliance officer… Aberdeen should also have had a pen in the same incident. At least the wee Aberdeen lad had a real reason to collapse in a heap for once.

McRorie two yellows looked on the soft side, the first one maybe was justifiable, the second was a joke.

Shinnie did well to give the ref a decision to make but that was never a pen for us.

The pen for them was probably right but it was also a softish one.

On the plus side, great anticipation by Devlin to open the scoring & 3 priceless points.

Yep karma for the cheating, diving wee prick.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Actually think the ref got it right on the intention of both players for the yellows, but what actually happened was different, and it should've been a red for Max and a yellow for Besuijen, for deliberately blocking Max. Looks like Max did that pretend shove of the ball towards Besuijen's face, to make him flinch and back away, but hit him instead. The seethe on twitter from the sheep fans is delightful though, esp as they think Besuijen was completely innocent, he got what he deserved. He's a cheating wee git of a player that dives and rolls about at every opportunity.

Also laughed at McCrorie* pretending he injured himself in his 2nd yellow incident, holding his leg straight up as if he'd pulled a muscle or something, saw the ref giving him the 2nd yellow and jumped up to protest, completely forgetting his fake injury. lol!  It's the type players do when they know they're in trouble, pretending to be injured, hoping it garners sympathy from the ref and he doesn't book them. Laughing

I think our pen was right too, Shinnie is clever getting in front of their player, and anything on him brings him down for the pen, their player needed to back off completely and he didn't. Rooney threw himself in front of Nouble and got a foul, just for being ahead of him when he went down, without any contact, this was more deserving of a foul than that one imo, and was rightfully given to us.

Obileye has previous for grabbing and pushing players in the penalty box, did it at QoTS too, really needs to cut it out, esp against teams like Aberdeen, who just look for any excuse to hit the deck.

Good pen from Holt, giving the keeper no chance, bit close to the bar right enough but he hits them well. And superb from Devlin for his goal, i'd say Devlin was a PoTY contender, as is Holt.

*McCrorie should've been off for a straight red in the first place too, for his tackle on Bailey, Bailey did him a favour not making a big deal out of it, but he caught him studs straight up and it was reckless, if that had been the other way around the Aberdeen player would've yelped in agony and rolled 4 or 5 times, slapping the ground. Our player is honest and saved McCrorie from a red card.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:13 pm

IMO the very fact McCrorie’s tackle on Bailey had insufficient force to knock him over suggests to me that a yellow was correct.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:44 pm

He caught him with his studs and it looked painful, as you could clearly see etched on Bailey's face, plenty players would've reacted a lot differently to that sort of tackle, and went down holding their foot/leg/ankle, and he'd have been off. It was Bailey doing him a big favour in the way he reacted to be caught by his studs that got him only a yellow card, he was a very lucky boy.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 am

A referee favouring Livi. Who'd a thought it. 😯
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:03 pm

orco wrote:A referee favouring Livi. Who'd a thought it. 😯

Just waiting on the compliance officer offering Max a 2 game suspension, think they've got 3 days to make it or Max is getting away with it, so will prob hear something tomorrow. Might get to see how good the Russian keeper is now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 am