The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest) Empty Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest)

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:31 pm

This could  go a long way in deciding the bottom six best of the rest title for 7th place.

Hopefully Forrest is ok to play, don't think he was seriously injured, sure it's only Penrice that will be out for the rest of the season between Forrest, Omeonga and Penrice. Forrest was unplayable against Hibs in our last home game, and scored the winner at Easter Rd, would be a big boost if he makes this game. Omeonga too, he has had really good games against his former club.

Anderson is doubtful, with Martindale in the press saying he didn't want to risk him against Aberdeen, after Anderson told them he felt a twinge doing his warm up, doubt we'll risk him until he is 100% fit to play.

I'm pretty confident we'll win this, even more so than i was against Aberdeen, 2-0 or 3-1 Livi.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest) Empty Re: Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest)

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:45 am

My only fear is they might kick on after ending their poor run last week against the Pandas.
    Troy

Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest) Empty Re: Livi v Hibs (Bottom Six Best of The Rest)

Post by Troy Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 am

Trying hard to get motivated for this tbh.The dissapointment of missing out by a baw hair for the top six still lingers with me.But I guess come Saturday morning il be up for this. Might as well enjoy whats left of the season and get tore right into Hibees.Hopefully after Saturday the mathematics will be put to bed and a 5th season in the SPL will have been achieved. Bugger it,I'm going for a 3 1 home win and I'm optimistic we will prevail.Lets end the season on a high and look forward to next season.Do it Livi.👊🦁⬆.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:18 pm

Wasn’t the greatest game by any means and we have played better & lost but a terrific goal & a more comfortable win than 1-0 suggests.

Kelly was my MotM - he has been a revelation in midfield & was outstanding today.
    Pittman was good & took his goal superbly.
    Devlin showed glimpses of the form that sets him apart as a marauding right back
    Boyes was impressive
    Holt was decent
    Nouble impressed again, only thing missing from his game is scoring.
    Fitz was solid
    Ayo was a bit bombscary but did well when he had to
    Bailey had some moments but faded second half
    Shinnie similar to Bailey
    Big Ivan had nothing to do really, maybe one diving punch away in the first half but that was it really.

Forrest did ok when he came on but really should have scored with open goal at his mercy.
    Sibbald showed he has a contribution to make
    Soto got on the pitch but didn’t have any opportunity to impress or not.

Terrific win and top flight status secured comfortably for another season. Would be good to finish the season with a flourish.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:24 pm

Well it should've been 2-0 Livi, had Forrest stuck away his intercepted pass into an open goal, pretty comfortable 1-0 win though, with Konovalov not having to make a serious save. Could've had Maley in goals. lol!

Good to see Scott marking his record top flight appearances for a Livi player with the winning goal, he's been a terrific player for us.

Ref was an anti Clancy, far too lenient with his cards. Hibs got away with a lot of persistent fouling, blocking a free kick being taken, and some strange decisions giving fouls the wrong way, while Nouble continues to be the most fouled player on the pitch and the ref ignoring it.

Back to back post split wins, lets keep it going and win all 5 post split games. bounce
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 pm

For anyone who wasn't there dececent summaries from you both.I was there and cant add much to both your summaries of the game.👏.So won't go over the ground that has been excellently covered.Well done boy's. For me the job Nouble had to do both as a lone striker and helping out at the back must have made him a contender for MOM.Granted Hibs were poor but the determination from the lads not to give up their lead was inspiring. Should have been 2 from Forrest but didn't matter in the end. Top of the lower pile and safety secured for another season,got to be happy,albeit with reservations. Maybe not top 6 but the league table is gonna be interesting come the end off the season.👀👀👀.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:57 pm

Not our finest game but I'll gladly take the three points. Hibs' attempts at shooting were woeful. I lost count of the shots that were skied or way wide of the posts.

I have that referee marked in my bad book now. He didn't even try to be even handed with practically every 50/50 going as a foul to Hibs and ignoring blatant fouls on Livi players. The only player who got anything from him was Shinnie who in a previous club somewhere has studied the art of going down easy to get free kicks. He did spend time at Aberdeen of course. 😋
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 01, 2022 12:30 am

Aye, the ref was mince but we’re used to that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:46 am