The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Celtic v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi Empty Celtic v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:34 pm

I doubt very much if anyone is giving us a snowball's chance in hell of getting something from this game, not even a draw. I know Celtic beat us at long last at the Spaghettihad, and this one is at Parkheid, though we've had a couple of draws there under Martindale, and under Ange (Davie is trying hard being over familiar with all things Celtic now to dispel the currant bun tag he's got for the Tav & Scotty comments), anyway good old Ange has made them a different beast from the Celtic we took points off for fun.

You know what though, even without Fitz playing, i think we'll be superbly well drilled to frustrate the life out of them and throw bodies in front of shots and limit their usual free flowing style to long pot shots at our goal. Davie Bhoy just has a knack for doing well against the big teams, if they score we're sunk, but i think we'll do our usual making it very difficult for them routine, and have lots of tweets from disgruntled Celtic fans saying how horrible we are and they wouldn't want to watch that kind of football every week.

Mon Livi, lets do this and have them greetin with frsustration pos match calling us for everything. bounce cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi Empty Re: Celtic v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:45 pm

Also lets hope with our game being sandwiched in between Real and Shakhtar allows us to take a bit of a backseat in their priorities, and their players at least are more focused on the European games, any edge we can have is good.

Would expect Nouble will go back to being a No9 again and our out ball to get us up the pitch, really wouldn't surprise me if he gets his third goal on Sat either, it is the kind of game he'll thrive on with the big crowd getting the adrenaline flowing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:30 pm

Ever the optimist LF…

To be honest (maybe that should be if I’m honest Very Happy ) if we come away with anything other than a defeat it will be the result of the century (in the league anyway) - I fully expect it to be 4 or 5 based on what I’ve seen of them this season and anything less than that will indicate a good performance on our part.

We go there more in hope than expectation but with no pressure because no one (LF excepted) thinks we can get something.

And the beauty of football is you just never know…
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm

Yeah i'm under no illusion we could get a tanking here, but Celtic wont have the space they had against Utd and Sevco, we'll pack the box and not make it easy having shots at our goal, playing with a low block with just Nouble up front. That isn't easy to break down no matter how good you are. We're prob going to need a wee rub of the green and the officials to do their jobs properly (yeah i know it's a big ask), nobody has taken points off Celtic for a long time, and i think we were the last team to beat them in the league last season, but we're all about doing the impossible, if anyone can take points off them it's us. Suspect
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:45 pm

I suspect it will be a case of keep the score respectable on Saturday.
    I'm sure Fitzwater is eligible for this one, not that it will make much difference if they fire on all cylinders. Can't see us taking anything although hope springs eternal. I'll be glad when it's over and we can get on with our own league.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:09 pm

Tough game for them tonight, their players looked knackered in the 2nd half, after putting a lot in pressing all 1st half.

If we can survive their first half onslaught i think we'll have a chance, their legs will start feeling that tiredness from the Real game and we'll get some chances ourselves. They're very dangerous domestically though so it's going to be very tough for us.

Would be brilliant if big Nouble could score early and give us something to hang onto too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:40 am

I thought they did pretty well last night and overall the score line flattered Real. They were unlucky with McGregor’s shot off the post, that goes in and who knows what might have happened?
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:50 am

Doubt very much that Davie will have learned too much from last tbh.Yeh,Celtic did very well for about 50mins,but didn't take their chances . Madrid showed their class by taking theirs against an admittedly tiring Celtic imo.So we can expect the obligatory backlash from the Hoops on Saturday I suspect.Will be a good experience for the new boys and I hope they have a go with nothing to lose.Our goal difference is +1 at the moment but I suspect that could take a bruising on Saturday.Just get it out of the way and we can concentrate on more important games coming up against those below us.All the luck in the world Livi,we're gonna need it.Mon the Lions.🤞🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:53 am

Auld Nick wrote:I thought they did pretty well last night and overall the score line flattered Real. They were unlucky with McGregor’s shot off the post, that goes in and who knows what might have happened?

Real stepping up a few gears and going at them full pelt? Reminded me of Argentina v England and Argentina just stepping it up every time they needed to score a goal after England scored, and England believing they actually could've won the game, only Celtic didn't score any so Real just picked them off 2nd half.

Looked like Real played well within themselves and just waited till Celtic players tired before ripping them to bits. 33 passes leading up to one of their goals, could've been a few more too, don't think the scoreline flattered them at all.

Celtic will come at us full pelt, so important we don't concede in the first half, they're used to blowing teams away in the first 45, then they can take it easy 2nd half, that's when the game against Real will hit their legs too, so if we can keep a clean sheet till then i think we'll have a decent chance against them. Sounds like a plan to me anyway. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:40 pm

Always bow to your opptomism L/F.Keep it up Lad.🤣👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:55 pm

Oh well then, forget my optimism, Kevin Clancy is the ref against Celtic.

Celtic v Livi Wur_do10
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:51 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👎.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Lizzie might save us right enough, looking like the Nation will be going into mourning and all football will be suspended.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:06 pm

Trust me I'm no where near being a royalist.Its a privileged position that their born into.With the state of the nation as it is,will be put into perspective.Shes served her country with dignity for all these years when her family have let her down so many times.Il bear in mind its a football forum and agree cant see there being any football this weekend,especially down south.Il end by saying RIP your majesty.For some you've gone to a better world.Crying or Very sad🙏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:56 pm

We were at Parkheid when they had a 2 mins silence for the Queen mum's passing, well tried to, think it lasted about 30 seconds and the ref gave up. Would be weird if the game did go ahead (doubt it will though) and we were there again for the Queen's minute silence, again good luck with that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm

Fiddlesticks. Personally I’d prefer life to continue, best way to honour someone is to show you can continue without them.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:00 pm

Can't see it going ahead though if they have the funeral on a Saturday that would be another round of postponements. Might have been a good time to catch them too with a couple of hard games gone and another to prepare for on Tuesday. Ah well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:47 pm

Ken, they'll still play European games so just get the games on this weekend, prob going to stop all games next weekend for the funeral. They're deciding tomorrow what's happening, up to the football authorities, so just keep playing. Anyone not wanting to go to the game and would rather sit watching a lot of news presenters babbling a load of pish for hours pre and post funeral then fine, fill yer boots, but why have the rest of us to stop enjoying the football, bah humbug. Just have a minutes silence pre kick off, except for Celtic fans.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:31 am

Exactly.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Ah well that's it goosed then, we're following England and calling everything off, there'll be a forced period of mourning now, where no aunt is allowed to smile or laugh, anyone caught doing so will be taken out and put against a wall and shot, GSTK Charles Spaniel.

I'll get away from it all walking my dogs in the woods, wonder if there'll be folk taking their dogs a walk with black armbands on, maybe i should get one just in case they set about me for not wearing one.

Seriously, it's a load of pish this mass mourning stuff, where everyone that has had absolutely no contact with her, and she never entered a thought in their minds till it was rammed down their throats all yesterday, have to out do everyone posting messages on twitter and FB about how deeply saddened they are. I'll avoid it all like buggery the next 10 days, sticking to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV etc, watching things i enjoy, just a pity i can't watch any live or highlighted football.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:57 pm

Ive got loads in my library,ie old Livi games and a few Toon games.Will spoil myself in the usual fashion.Well stocked fridge🍻and a pizza 🍕 for later.Sorted.With respect can only take so much of the saturation being piled upon us from all directions. Lol.T.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Going to be next year before this is played, Celtic have midweek games up to December, just before Xmas, they'll still have European games if they finish 3rd in their group past that into next year too, so dear knows when there will be a free midweek to get it played.

Just glad it's an away game and didn't impact us financially, missing the home gate income, esp as midweek games rarely have the same sized crowds.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:03 pm

It’s all stuff & nonsense. I feel for her family in the same way I feel for anyone who has lost a loved one and I know what it means & feels like to lose parents, but in all honesty the concept of a monarch has no place in modern society where tax payers money goes to fill their coffers while they live in palaces & mansions as the country stumbles through an economic crisis with people who are homeless, rely on food banks and then the lucky ones who aren’t homeless can’t afford their energy bills.

“Oh but they bring in the tourists” say the masses…. Yeah? Guess what? The tourists would come anyway because of the history behind the monarchy and the various palaces and castles and so on.

Life goes on…or at least it should.

Liviforever likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:13 pm

Well said Nick.Its an institution that is well past its sell by date,and was years ago.They live in a completely different world to normal people and will continue to do so as long as the hoards turn a blind eye to their collective exuberance.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:13 am

It's all so quintessentially English, the waiting in the rain at Buckingham Palace for the official announcement, the laying of flowers, the greetin' while being interviewed on the telly cos someone you never met died, the masses of sad faces for a 96 year old who went and died. She did a good job as the monarch for 70 years and had a well fulfilled life but we all knew she wouldn't live for ever. It's all protocol and show. I don't mind if they feel they must but I'm ragin that they force it on ordinary folk who just want to get on with their lives and watch a game of fitba'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:54 am