The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

County v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

County v Livi Empty County v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:22 pm

Well i called it in our last match thread, low scoring draw, without Nouble i can see another struggle, but for some unexplained reason i have this wee feeling in the pit of my stomach we're winning this game, think we may even score a penalty (ok i've lost all credibility now).

3-1 Livi (Anderson, Bradley and St Kelly)*

*was thinking about sticking Goncalves as a goal scorer but thought i'd already taken things far enough predicting us winning and scoring a pen, though better being hung for a sheep than a lamb comes to mind, nah it couldn't happen...................................could it?
    orco
    orco

County v Livi Empty Re: County v Livi

Post by orco Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:25 pm

If we can keep 11 men on the pitch we might scrape a draw. I'd take it.

Liviforever, what are you drinking?
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:54 am

Yeh,usually a tough ask in Dingwall. I'm your camp Orco mainly because of the absentees for this.Suspect Bruce will be up front on his own again unfortunately. Would like to see the boy Bradley on from the start.Looked really usefull when he came on the other day.Both him and possibly Bahamboula would at least give some sort of service to Bruce up top.Cant wait to get all our offensive players back..Hopefully we come away with at least a point tomorrow. Tough task,but as always good luck to the lads.Mon the Lions.🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:43 pm

We've got the dream team of Willie Collum officiating, with Don Robertson on VAR. pale
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:20 pm

Awe Jesus Christ.Suspect Bros Colum and Robertson will make sure we take fech all from this,guaranteed. 🤷‍�💩Crying or Very sad.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:51 pm

Just ignore the thread I started on a Thursday then… hmph… I’ll no’ be back Very Happy

We owe them for mugging us at the Vale… however they are bottom and desperate… we will lose.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:41 pm

Apparently this is Davie’s 100th game as manager…so come on lads do it for Davie!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:27 pm

Woohoo 3pts coming back down the road from Dingwall. cheers

Brucie, Brucie, Brucie, Brucie Anderson. king
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:09 pm

VAR the villain and hero here.Apparently Shinnies hand was offside for his goal🤣.Need to see that back again.Shaggers goal looked just offside but just for a change VAR got it right.Brilliant breakaways for Brucey to grab a brace when for a spell County looked threatening. To think we were missing so many influential players too.Massive credit to those who made the long trip up north.👏.I'm off to a 40th birthday party shortly so couldn't make today.Safe journey home to all.Il certainly enjoy my night.🦁👏⬆🍻🍻🍻.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:09 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Just ignore the thread I started on a Thursday then… hmph… I’ll no’ be back Very Happy

We owe them for mugging us at the Vale… however they are bottom and desperate… we will lose.

There we go, I restore my innate negativity and we get a much needed 3 points.

Meantime Marv heads even further south to take over Queen of the South. Good luck to him, hopefully he’ll turn into a decent manager.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 pm

Auld Nick wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:Just ignore the thread I started on a Thursday then… hmph… I’ll no’ be back Very Happy

There we go, I restore my innate negativity and we get a much needed 3 points.

Meantime Marv heads even further south to take over Queen of the South. Good luck to him, hopefully he’ll turn into a decent manager.

I predicted we'd win. Cool
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:33 pm

Aye right L/F.Your scepticism pre match confounds your comment. Like the rest you hoped for a win,and to be fair you got that right.But I suspect had we taken a point up there you'd have been more than happy,like the rest.Get yer arse back down the road safely and enjoy Sportscene later.🤣🤣🤣.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:23 pm

Troy wrote:Aye right L/F.Your scepticism pre match confounds your comment. Like the rest you hoped for a win,and to be fair you got that right.But I suspect had we taken a point up there you'd have been more than happy,like the rest.Get yer arse back down the road safely and enjoy Sportscene later.🤣🤣🤣.
    Nope felt we were winning this game, dunno why but i just did. Last week i couldn't see us winning but was hoping we'd get a draw, predicted a low scoring draw or a defeat. However this week i just had a feeling we'd win.

I predicted 3-1 Livi but i'll take 2-0, both are us winning by 2 goals. lol!

Looks like Shinnie's should've stood too, that wee red line was up and away before you got a proper look at it, but looked so close to call it offside if it was some part of his arm above the elbow. Their offside one was easy to see though, fuck VAR.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:50 pm

TBF I predicted a draw.Absolutly delighted to come away from there with 3 valuable points.Have taken time out from the 40th im attending,basically for the buffet 😋. If I'm sober enough🤣il watch the highlights later.No chance.Get back to yous tomorrow, forgive me.🍻🍻🍻.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:26 am

Delighted with that win today. Unfortunately I couldn't go and I wasn't able to get a live stream. (I've bought a firestick and I'm currently hoping to get someone to set it up so I get the fitba).
    Bruce took both his goals really well. He hasn't had much in the way of service since he came back but today he showed what he is capable of. The fact that it was quite a weakened team made the win all the sweeter.
    I can't comment on the ref and VAR not having been there but neither affected the win by all accounts.
    Hope we can build on it in our next two games.
    Mon the Livi!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Liking the look of Bradley, takes a shot whenever he has sight of goal, getting it on target, and puts in good crosses inside the box. Getting the assist for Anderson's first goal.

Some finishes for both goals too, Anderson had to get the ball when it was going behind him, and managed to get his foot to it and fire it in. Nice run and finish for his 2nd too, shows he has the power to be taking penalties, he hits them like that into the corners and no keeper is stopping them.

A much needed 3pts, takes us into 5th place and opens up a good gap on the bottom teams.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:35 pm

Watched the VARdict review program with Richard Foster and ex ref Stuart Dougal, and the Shinnie offside gets looked at, and it is all down to the lino getting it 'right' flagging offside that the goal is disallowed, if the lino hadn't flagged it, the goal would've stood and VAR wouldn't have got involved*. No danger the lino sees that as offside when the ball was played through, he's got lucky that VAR backs him up with the camera angled red line being about 2 inches offside.

Imo it was too close a call for him to have seen it properly and he's looked up a second or so later seeing Shinnie running through onto the ball and just took a guess at it. Don't think the red line is 100% accurate either because it's still down to the camera angle and if the camera is square with play, we don't have that many cameras in the SPFL Premiership games to get these things that accurate when it's so marginal, and it should be what it was before when these tight calls were given the benefit of doubt to the attacking player. Course pre VAR the linos got worse decisions than that wrong too, Kylie getting Keaghan's goal chopped off when he was well onside for example.

Anyway not convinced this was offside and i think the lino wasn't looking when the ball was played or he wouldn't have been confident enough of his decision to flag it.

*which begs the question why did it get involved for Pittman's red card when the ref had seen it and not given a red card, seems they make the rules up to suit whatever controversial incident they get involved with.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:07 pm

I look forward to the day when Stuart Douglas disagrees with the VAR officials and those on the pitch. Hope my health keeps good.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:39 am

The lines on the Shinnie still photo look so amateurish, like someone took a couple of poor quality felt tip pens and drew them on with a dodgy ruler. It also looks like it’s Shinnie’s arm that is offside and the last I checked you can’t score with your arms. Thankfully we won regardless.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:47 pm

orco wrote:I look forward to the day when Stuart Douglas disagrees with the VAR officials and those on the pitch. Hope my health keeps good.

Is there a VARdict slot this week, haven't seen it, was wanting to see what Dougal said about the Hearts hand ball in their box where a pen wasn't given to St Mirren, didn't even refer the ref to the monitor. It was far more blatant than a lot that has been given. So far he's fudged a couple of hand balls that weren't given as pens by Sevco players with his explanations, but this one would be harder to explain away as to why it wasn't given.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 am