The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Raith

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Raith Empty Livi v Raith

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Cracks appearing on Raiths good season, losing their last two games, and only one win from their last five. Feeling more optimistic on our chances of progressing to the next round, but still expecting a tough game.
    Troy

Livi v Raith Empty Re: Livi v Raith

Post by Troy Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:39 pm

Yeh agree L/F.Saw Q P last week and they didn't look like a team bottom of the Championship. As I said earlier hopefully covers down early this week with the forecast not looking good.But at home,got to capatilise.Cant wait.Will be a shock to the system when they step off that plane.Sub zero temps from Turkey.Got to adapt.🥶🥶🥶.🤣.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:53 pm

Forecasters saying the considerable snow that will fall tomorrow wont clear due to the freezing temperatures.I know the pitch gets used nearly every night,but in order to get the covers down,surely the club will want this game to go ahead as opposed to a midweek dead rubber.They have been warned with time on our side.🥶.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:22 pm

Every year we have a winter break and it’s usually reasonable weather, cold but reasonable, then they come back and we get the snow. IMO there is no point in scheduling a winter break in the UK.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:27 am

The snow wont be a problem, in fact it might help protect the ground from frost, we have used machines to clear the snow away to get games on. It's always the ground frost that knackers us, in the area where the stand blocks the sun hitting the pitch.

No point putting covers down before it snows either, you can't clear it off without damaging the covers, and the weight of the snow will make it impossible to lift them too.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:10 am

Yeh,I get it.My point about the stadium getting used every night could add prevelance.Income from this is important the club.Depending how bad conditions get will define wether this goes ahead. Surrounding areas etc.Waiting with baited breath. 🤷‍�🥶.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:15 am

Looking at the forecast, it's meant to pick up from Thurs onwards, with overnight temps being above zero, and sunny through the day, so that's promising.+8 degrees and showers for Saturday.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:18 am

👍🥶🥶🥶🤣🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:56 am

Got our tickets today, managed to get our ST seats. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:09 pm

We'd have a pretty good front 3 of Nouble - Anderson/Guthrie - Yengi, if Nouble showed some desire to take players on and get himself into the opposition box. An on form Nouble and equally impressive Yengi would run riot on the wings, cutting inside or coming along the byeline, with Anderson or Guthrie waiting in the box.

Just a pity Nouble has decided to hold back and play within himself now, waiting to get a move.

That's Guthrie scored a league goal, had another disallowed for offside, and scored in Turkey, would be hilarious if he goes on a scoring streak till the end of the season notching up 15+ goals, after all the slagging we've given him. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm

So once again Davie on social media spouting about budgets Raith being the bigger club bigger fanbase etc etc
    Really disheartening to here this on a week to week basis.I sense the expectations around the club have taken a proverbial tanking over the last couple of months,arguably deserved.Seems like the game will go ahead with no problems envisaged.Forgive me but ive got the fear for this one and won't be surprised if we're not in the hat for the next round.Big Jack and Josh etc will relish the chance to put one over on their previous employers.I must be mad but I'm actually looking forward to this.God help us.🥶🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:37 am

We are a wee club punching above our weight and I don't have any problem with Davie saying it as often as he likes. The expectations of some of our fans is over the top. We've done wonders with what we have for the last six years and a season like this was bound to come eventually.
    As for the game, may the best team win. I do think It might be season defining though.
    Hope it's Livi but it's the Scottish Cup where anything can happen.

Troy likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:08 pm

Nouble left out, MacKay comes in and has an assist and a goal, hopefully Nouble will get his move and we see the likes of MacKay, Brandon, St Kelly, and Bradley getting more game time. I think the team will be better off in the 2nd half of the season without Nouble.

Anyway to the game, it has been a long time coming, we finally get that winning feeling. At 1-0 down and missing a penalty i thought here we go again. Cracking goal by Brandon to get us back in the game, and a good header by MacKay for the winner.

Think George should've saved Hamilton's goal, was hit straight at him, but he pulled off a couple of good saves later on. Could do without the dodgy punching the ball when a catch is on though.

Great coming away with a win, hopefully this is the start of us turning our season around. Mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:26 pm

Hamilton hit his shot low and close to George who just didn’t know how to deal with it. Rovers deserved their lead and were by far the better team at that stage and for the next 10-15 mins.

Our best move of the first half brought our penalty. Shinnie earned the right to take it after scoring last time he took one but this time he hit the post and no one in our team reacted. We came into the game more after that and probably deserved the equaliser. Quality ball from Mackay to Brandon who controlled it well before striking it. Second half was pretty even and end to end. I thought they were getting a pen when they got the free kick in the D, looked inside the box to me. Good cross and header for the winner.

Ross Co and St J both fell to lower division opponents as did Falkirk, so our come back win was very welcome. If we can build on that in the league games coming up we can catch one or two above us.

Just hope we can get some money for Noobs if/when he goes.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:31 pm

3 weeks off and we return as the walking wounded.

If i've got this right, Obileye, Penrice, Brandon, Bradley, Yengi, Hamilton are all carrying injuries or too injured to play, and now Devlin & Montano picked up injuries today, looking like being out for a few games, and Guthrie also going off with a concussion, also Sangare looking like he had concussion too, the way he was staggering around on the pitch after a head knock.

The post match interview Rice saying we're down to the bare bones, bloody hell.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:18 am

Liviforever wrote:3 weeks off and we return as the walking wounded.

If i've got this right, Obileye, Penrice, Brandon, Bradley, Yengi, Hamilton are all carrying injuries or too injured to play, and now Devlin & Montano picked up injuries today, looking like being out for a few games, and Guthrie also going off with a concussion, also Sangare looking like he had concussion too, the way he was staggering around on the pitch after a head knock.

The post match interview Rice saying we're down to the bare bones, bloody hell.

Too soft these modern footballers. A wee rub wi' Sloan's Liniment and they'll be as right as rain. Livi v Raith 1f60f
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 pm

Just about recovered from yesterday 🍻🤣.Such a tough game to negotiate but we did it.Fair play for rolling their sleeves up and having a go.Thought it wasn't going to be our day going behind so early and missing the penalty.You just knew that Jack would come back to haunt us.Thankfully didn't matter in the end.Yeh,the injuries are a concern Hopefully not too serious.Nice to have a good weekend after so long.Like others id forgotten what it was like to win .Roll on next week 👏🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:29 pm

And our prize for this win is a visit to Firhill
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:17 pm

Auld Nick wrote:And our prize for this win is a visit to Firhill

Happy scenes the last time we played there.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:33 pm

Suspect this will be a lot tougher than the playoff victory.Look at the team we had then compared to what we have now,and even then without Ryan Hardie.Thistle will definitely fancy their chances, especially at Firhill.More importantly weve more important games to come before that trip to Maryhill, obviously.🤷‍�🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:44 pm

Raith were tougher opponents, esp getting us after we hadn't played for 18 days, which is prob why a few Premiership teams got beaten by lower league teams. Will still be a tough game against Partick, but hopefully we build on this win and are in good form by the time we play them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 am