The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

orco
    orco

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Livi v Aberdeen

Post by orco Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:13 pm

50 mph winds due in Livingston at 3.00pm on Saturday. They say the wind is a great leveller. But who will it benefit? 🤔😏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Aberdeen Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:45 pm

Will hopefully make this if my back and shoulder feels better. Aberdeen fall into the same category as Ross County, shite team but have a good striker, and that makes a huge difference for them. No doubt Nicky Devlin will get an assist and/or a goal too.

With all our troubles we could've done without injuries to a few key players too, but its been that sort of season, nothing goes for us.

We're as good as down, and counting the games down till it's official, but would love for us to win this, and then take something against Hearts, to cut the deficit to 6 pts going into the split. Then the home fixture against County to be the first post split game, so it would still mean something playing them. Kidding myself on i know, but it would just be great keeping the season going for as long as possible while there's the slightest chink of light still.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Yeah, it’s gotten to the point where I don’t look forward to going but go anyway just in case the miracle occurs.

Personally I’d like to see us go with Yengi and Anderson up top, Mackay, Pittman and Bradley backing them up, Shinnie behind them, Brandon, Obileye, Nottingham and Penrice at the back (I would guess that at least 2 of them won’t be fit) and George in goal. I’d like to see us on the front foot taking it to them and getting right intae them.

I suspect it will be Yengi on his own Mackay (or Bradley), Pittman and Kelly, Branson (or Shinnie) and Holt. At the back…Nottingham, Obileye, Devlin and Kelly and George in goal. We will lump it forward for Yengi to chase, then fail to support him. Give away turnovers in our half and give away 2 or 3 goals.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:25 am

Was glad to get away from it all last weekend even if it was a few days.All the stuff on social media regarding behind the scenes was frankly utterly depressing. We're in a rut and it will take longer than this season to get out of it imo.As for tomorrow,s game.Like others il be there with no sense of expectation.With at least half of the current team expected to depart at season,s end,would be pleasantly surprised if they could provide us with some cheer,albeit i wont hold my breath.Also fingers crossed there will be no issues with the weather.Mon the Lions 🦁🥶🥶🥶.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:07 pm

Woeful first half. Two terrible teams playing terribly. Only bright spot for me was Brandon. Second half had more to it but was still two equally poor teams playing poorly. And yes, the wind didn’t help but we never know how to make use of it & instead just allow the wind to blow the ball around. If either team had been any good they would have scored plenty but a goalless draw was probably the right result.

Stephen Kelly MotM? Never, Brandon all day long.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:50 pm

Closed the gap to 9pts when we needed the win to make it 7pts. Would've been delighted with 4pts from these final pre split games to close on County to 6pts, so we need a win against Hearts at Tynecastle now, aye nae bother. drunken

5 subs on the bench, no CB's because they were all on the pitch playing as FB's. Really could do with a few players back from injuries, but then still no guarantee Martindale would play them in their best positions.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 pm

Nouble, Shinnie, Montano, Donnellan, Guthrie, Penrice. That's a substantial number of players who aren't even making the squad. Carson and Holt on the bench too. Call me cynical but I wonder how many of them would be back if they were contracted for next season and we were flying high in the top 6. Hope Brandon is ok for next week. He'd be a miss.

The game was dull. Aberdeen should be putting out a better team than that with the money they have. Our lads did try and were rewarded with the point. I thought we might just have stolen the win in the closing minutes too. Maybe we will go down fighting after all.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:49 am

orco wrote:Nouble, Shinnie, Montano, Donnellan, Guthrie, Penrice. That's a substantial number of players who aren't even making the squad. Carson and Holt on the bench too. Call me cynical but I wonder how many of them would be back if they were contracted for next season and we were flying high in the top 6.  Hope Brandon is ok for next week. He'd be a miss.

The game was dull. Aberdeen should be putting out a better team than that with the money they have. Our lads did try and were rewarded with the point. I thought we might just have stolen the win in the closing minutes too. Maybe we will go down fighting after all.

Aye Brandon's one of our best players just now and he wasn't getting a chance earlier in the season, same with MacKay, wonder how much these decisions not to play them have cost us. That goes for Anderson too, who's still not getting starts, even with us struggling for players.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:32 am

Spoke to Orco after the game and she agreed that it would have been an injustice had we taken nothing from this.Yeh,Aberdeen were poor and I felt at times they were there for the taking.At times the wind made the game farcical and comical at times.Was delighted that this time another late goal,which normally goes against us was chalked off for a change,we bit of luck there which previously has deserted us this season. Doubt it will make much difference as we've left ourselves too much to do,but at least we didn't lose.Good effort from the lads.Shame its came to late.👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:53 pm

That's a sore one Yengi got yesterday.

Livi v Aberdeen Screen22
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 pm

That would have been the high boot that should brought a red card and would have had it been a Livi player’s boot
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:50 am

Auld Nick wrote:That would have been the high boot that should brought a red card and would have had it been a Livi player’s boot

Dunno how that's not at least a yellow, his foot shouldn't be that height when Yengi is going for a header, it's dangerous foul play and kicks him in the eye.

Livi v Aberdeen Screen23
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:58 am

Jason Talbots against Hearts a few years ago comes to mind.That was a belter.👊🤣.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:40 am

Talbot's would've been an assault charge if he'd done that on the street, studs right into the Hearts player's face, kung fu kick Cantona would've been proud of. Did another one to a Dumbarton player too, studs into his chest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 am