The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Hearts v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hearts v Livi Empty Hearts v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:33 pm

Would be interesting if we got a win here going into the break 6pts behind County, giving us a slim chance with 5 games to go still. Last game there we played backs to the wall for 90 mins trying to grind out a draw and eventually lost 1-0, in the most negative tactics i've seen from a Livi team playing a non erse cheek team. This time a draw isn't any use to us and Hearts are the 3rd best team in the Country, playing at home, so i don't hold out much hope.

Mon Livi, pull a hail Mary out and give it one last go at getting us back in the fight.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hearts v Livi Empty Re: Hearts v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 pm

Yeah… more likely we lose County win and it’s a 12 point gap with our only consolation being the laugh we can have at Whingers losing.

Bugs me greatly when they complain about other clubs…
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 am

No chance of a win here.Seasons basically over and has been for a while imo.Jambos have secured 3rd place and should see this through comfortably. Don't see us taking even a point from this,albeit would be no good to us anyway.The inevitable is just around the corner,thankfully.Just a matter of time for the proverbial trap door to open and shut on us unfortunately. Hopefully planning for next season should get underway sooner than later.On a side note,will be at the supporters Trust meeting on Sunday, thats going to be an eye opener no doubt.Anyway as always Mon the Lions,nothing to lose.Surprise us.🤣🦁👊.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:25 pm

Get this in before I retire to bed.WTF.That wee bit of hope extinguished after 20 mins.Embaressing.Sums up our season.Thoughrally deserve to go down after that.Defencivly,shocking.See the season out,regroup with what is left and hopefully go again.Feel for Steven Kelly.Bright spark in an uninspiring team.Deflated but been that way for months.⬇Crying or Very sad.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:11 pm

Well that was a shock, seeing we were 2-0 up after 22 mins, then we go and blow a great lead and are 4-2 down at HT. Bit livelier than our last game there anyway, which was eye bleedingly awful, trying to grind out a 0-0 draw with nobody venturing into Hearts half till they scored. Still god awful defending from us though, really hope we bin the lot of them and start from scratch with a whole new defence next season.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:17 am

Wont be easy binning the lot of them and recruiting suitable replacements.As much as we'd all like to see that scenario i suspect finance's will dictate the quality we'll attempt to attract to the Vale.Have said before,I reckon half if not more of that squad will not be with us next season.Replacing them will be a monumental task.The rollercoaster will continue, no doubt.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 pm

Troy wrote:Wont be easy binning the lot of them and recruiting suitable replacements.As much as we'd all like to see that scenario i suspect finance's will dictate the quality we'll attempt to attract to the Vale.Have said before,I reckon half if not more of that squad will not be with us next season.Replacing them will be a monumental task.The rollercoaster will continue, no doubt.

Yeah a lot depends on what players we manage to keep hold of, we've a decent core from midfield, and a good front player that is Premiership level in Yengi. If we can hold onto Yengi, Brandon, St Kelly, Pitts, Holt, Montano, Carson, Donnellan, and Welch-Hayes, that's a decent core to build on. MacKay would be excellent too, but i think him and Holt could easily find a top flight team, the rest though, i think we'd have a chance hanging onto.

Firstly we need this off field distraction to be sorted out, so we aren't hemorrhaging money on court cases, and we can put all our resources and focus into building a competitive squad. There's the parachute payment that gives us more money than we had to build a team when we won the play offs, if it actually got put towards the playing budget and not like both cup windfalls against the erse cheeks, going towards fighting court battles.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Course there's also Teto, who is meant to be some player in training, that you can't get the ball off him, if we ever get clearance to play him. Samson Lawal and some of the youth players that have been on the fringes of our first team match day squad might get their chance too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:14 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yeah… more likely we lose County win and it’s a 12 point gap with our only consolation being the laugh we can have at Whingers losing.

Bugs me greatly when they complain about other clubs…

Telt ye.

Like LF I was sitting in shock at 2-0; I messaged my lads & my youngest said “We’ll still lose” while my oldest told his missus “we’ll need 4 for a draw”.

Have to say that if we were still doing the prediction league, I’d have it won.

If we can keep our better players we might be competitive in the second tier next season…but right now that is a huge IF.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:49 am