The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
Afro
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Edward snowdon
Durnford
Liviforever
LiviCub
13 posters

Cowdenbeath v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Cowdenbeath v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowdenbeath v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:0-0 HT.

Dumbarton down 3-0 and Alloa are 2-1 behind at HT, would be a big result if we could get a win and jump above both of them to 7th place.

Our 2nd half performances have dipped in recent games so need to put in a shift here and push on.

Ever the optimist

Should've known with our 2nd half performances. Our goal drought continues, doubt we'd even score with a penalty.

Wonder if McGlynn still thinks we're as good as QoS and just unlucky to be sitting bottom of the table. This is grim.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 pm

3 defeats in a row from the 3 bottom teams, crisis, what crisis!!

Should be sitting 7th but we can't beat any of the 3 PT teams and are sitting bottom, that's dire stuff. Can't see McGlynn turning this around, if we can't get points from Dumbarton, Alloa and Cowden how the feck are we going to get them from anyone else..
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:55 pm

It is more than grim it is positively disgraceful & everyone at the club ought to be ashamed of themselves. Thankfully the other clubs around....sorry, just above us have also lost so we are not out of touch... yet.

Realistically, a club our size with the fan base it has is probably finding its true level... but if we survive this season then we need to look at getting moved into a smaller stadium.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Our home att is still far higher than the likes of Alloa, Cowden and Dumbarton, our natural level should be above the 3 PT teams.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Probably only because we managed to get 1000 STs sold for this season on the strength of the "big 3" being in the division... but if this had been a normal season in the division with the usual suspects making up the teams then I seriously doubt we would have had anymore STs sold than last season & less walk ups based on how badly we ended last season.

If things don't change soon we will be given a severe pasting in the Petrofac final & be relegated before that game is even played!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Richie Burke got punted for far less than the run we're on and it wasn't 14 games into the season when we were sitting bottom either. Ironic that our cutting back on keeping talented players and not sacking managers is when we actually need to be doing both.
    Though the policy for the former is why we're in trouble on the pitch just now, really pisses me off we let Andreu go every time he scores and he scored again today.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Well done John McGlynn hope you are shown the door tonight. You play players who dont even train and have a group of favorites half of whom cant even play football. Sives walks into the team after a days training even though out injured for two weeks. Ogelby and Mckenna are two Of your subs!!! I could give you two better players from the Harvester. WTF does kyle Jacobs bring to the team yet you play him every game without fail. Same 14 names every single game start or are used as subs - beaumont and praptonik both played for us last year but never get near the pitch, All you do John is bring on a striker and punt the ball long once we are behind but fail to deliver any quality for the striker to score.
    New manager drop some of these duds and give the whole squad a shake. More importantly play people on merit not your ex jambo boys or old pros who walk into the team.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Nah we'd still have more fans than those three.

The final really isn't going to mean much if we're relegated, it will be an anti climax to the end of the season even if by some miracle we won it. How could you celebrate a cup win when you're relegated!

The cup run was papering over the cracks and distracting us (not Lexi) from just how poor we are. We need drastic changes now to get us out of this mess, new manager, lift the embargo so we can get in a few players, or we're going to really struggle to get off the bottom let alone out of the relegation play off spot. We can't score goals and it's pointless (in more ways than one) plodding along with the same old formula of whichever two starts and bringing another 2 on 2nd half. Mullen is the only one id start just now, dump Ogleby and get a new striker in. White and Hippo can be used as subs but we def need to get a new striker in.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Forgot to put a prediction for this one, that's how excited I was... FWIW would have went for 1-0 Cowden and FG 54 mins, but never mind Wink

McGlynn has to walk now, surely, embarrassing month for us and with Sevco and Hearts in December we're bound to see another couple gubbings.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Aye Nov reads 4 defeats to 4 PT teams (incl the Annan cup game), Dec is going to be full of cheer when we play Raith, Falkirk, Sevco and Hearts.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

So in our last 4 games we've collected 0 points from the 3 part-timers at the bottom and been knocked out of the Scottish Cup to Annan Athletic. Words don't do justice as to how angry I am with all these fucking useless bastards. Our current form is absolutely outrageous, McGlynn should just fuck off. Tactically inept and the players have an awful attitude. Why is it we never here from any of the players? Would like to here what they have to say about this disgrace.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:34 pm

We're not hearing from anyone at the club just now, manager, players, board, no one. Only news coming from the OS is the fecking Almondvale Suite makeover with food creations in charge.

I keep going on the OS hoping for some news about Rankine's mess and the embargo, or McGlynn walking away to give another manager a shot of getting us out of this mess. Players need a kick up the backside and fresh faces given a go too.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Liviforever wrote:Nah we'd still have more fans than those three.

The final really isn't going to mean much if we're relegated, it will be an anti climax to the end of the season even if by some miracle we won it. How could you celebrate a cup win when you're relegated!

The cup run was papering over the cracks and distracting us (not Lexi) from just how poor we are. We need drastic changes now to get us out of this mess, new manager, lift the embargo so we can get in a few players, or we're going to really struggle to get off the bottom let alone out of the relegation play off spot. We can't score goals and it's pointless (in more ways than one) plodding along with the same old formula of whichever two starts and bringing another 2 on 2nd half. Mullen is the only one id start just now, dump Ogleby and get a new striker in. White and Hippo can be used as subs but we def need to get a new striker in.
    You are talking mince tonight mate ,White was excellent when he came on today won nearly everything in the air. And played like he has before with a brilliant attitude unlike Hippo who he replaced.Kyle
    Brings nothing to the team when played in midfield. I'm beginning to feel someone behind the scenes is telling the manager to keep playing him because it's not warranted. Hippo should never
    be started again he is so lazy and looked totally out of his depth today. By the comments you are making tonight I doubt very much if you were at today's game.

Last edited by Smithy on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Edward snowdon wrote:Well done John McGlynn hope you are shown the door tonight. You play players who dont even train and have a group of favorites half of whom cant even play football. Sives walks into the team after a days training  even though out injured for two weeks. Ogelby and Mckenna are two Of your subs!!! I could give you two better players from the Harvester. WTF does kyle Jacobs bring to the team yet you play him every game without fail. Same 14 names every single game start or are used as subs - beaumont and praptonik both played for us last year but never get near the pitch, All you do John is bring on a striker and punt the ball long once we are behind but  fail to deliver any quality for the striker to score.
    New manager drop some of these duds and give the whole squad a shake. More importantly play people on merit not your ex jambo boys or old pros who walk into the team.

hhave to agree with you about Kyle Jacobs how on earthcan't Beaumont get a chance in midfield.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 pm

HoudaBetsy says McGlynn has left.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:HoudaBetsy says McGlynn has left.

Please.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 pm

On the Richie Burke point, the team was playing okay football and had a ridiculous injury list at the start of last season. He wasn't the right manager but on paper, I'd rather give someone like him a shot rather than someone like McGlynn whose stubbornness alone has led to this situation. Some players are not good enough and he kept playing them rather than giving a youngster a try.

Nice guy, absolutely no sympathy for him with the way he managed this team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Smithy wrote:

You are talking mince tonight mate ,White was excellent when he came on today won nearly everything in the air. And played like he has before with a brilliant attitude unlike  Hippo who he replaced.Kyle
    Brings nothing to the team when played in midfield. I'm beginning to feel someone behind the scenes is telling the manager to keep playing him because it's not warranted. Hippo should never
    be started again he is so lazy and looked totally out of his depth today. By the comments you are making tonight I doubt very much if you were at today's game.

Wasn't at the game but don't see where in my posts that made a difference to what I said or how' I'm talking mince.'

Mullen is the only striker who's scored in our last few games, White hasn't scored since the Alla game  13 games ago, didn't say he was shite, he isn't scoring. Read the twitter he shot straight at the keeper, against Alloa (which I was at) he missed a sitter and another good chance. Hippo hasn't scored either but has set some up, but I said I'd have him and White on the bench and start Mullen WITH another striker who we need to bring in. White may work his way into the team for a start but at the moment he doesn't deserve one, neither does Hippo, and I wouldn't even have Ogleby on the bench. Where exactly is that mince? I've no problem with White, maybe if we play a better system both him and Hippo would thrive, Hippo because imo he isn't played where he'd do damage, and White because he's not had the service for a long time and his confidence is obv shot.

Mullen wasn't great in games a while back but has worked his way into the starting line up and played well getting a couple of great goals. I also prefer him further up the pitch as he can cause teams problems just outside the box.

We need the embargo lifted though and punt Ogleby to free up a place to get a striker in as he just doesn't cut it.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

You are talking mince tonight mate ,White was excellent when he came on today won nearly everything in the air. And played like he has before with a brilliant attitude unlike  Hippo who he replaced.Kyle

Wasn't at the game but don't see where in my posts that made a difference to what I said or how' I'm talking mince.'

Mullen is the only striker who's scored in our last few games, White hasn't scored since the Alla game  13 games ago, didn't say he was shite, he isn't scoring. Read the twitter he shot straight at the keeper, against Alloa (which I was at) he missed a sitter and another good chance. Hippo hasn't scored either but has set some up, but I said I'd have him and White on the bench and start Mullen WITH another striker who we need to bring in. White may work his way into the team for a start but at the moment he doesn't deserve one, neither does Hippo, and I wouldn't even have Ogleby on the bench. Where exactly is that mince? I've no problem with White, maybe if we play a better system both him and Hippo would thrive, Hippo because imo he isn't played where he'd do damage, and White because he's not had the service for a long time and his confidence is obv shot.

Mullen wasn't great in games a while back but has worked his way into the starting line up and played well getting a couple of great goals. I also prefer him further up the pitch as he can cause teams problems just outside the box.

We need the embargo lifted though and punt Ogleby to free up a place to get a striker in as he just doesn't cut it.
    aye Twitter is brilliant right enough, sorry thought you were better than that. My views were made from being at the game .
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Come on Smithy, don't start with the "you weren't at the game so your opinion is irrelevant" crap.
    LF is basing his comments on what he has seen over the season, not just on a game he didn't see.

White bagged a hat trick against Alloa & hasn't scored since - fact
    He hasn't particularly threatened to score in the games I've seen since that game - fact
    He has been played as a target man with his back to the goal since that game - fact
    He wasn't played as a target man with his back to the goal in that game - fact

His confidence has gone down since that game because he has been played in a manner that doesn't suit him - opinion based on the facts above

IMO McGlynn is at fault for not playing to his strengths

Hippo had a decent spell at the start of the season as an impact player; I wasn't convinced that he would be as effective as a starter; IMO that has proven to be correct but his effectiveness as an impact player has diminished...probably because his biggest impact came in the 4-1 win against Hearts youngsters...(although he is only a youngster himself)... and because once you have made an impact word tends to get around & the opposition work on ways to reduce that effectiveness. What I have liked about Hippo is that his shots tend to be on target forcing either a defensive block or a save.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:32 am

Smithy wrote:
    aye Twitter is brilliant right enough, sorry thought you were better than that. My views were made from being at the game .

Mine were formed from seeing him in 16 games this season.

Like Bertie has posted, it has nothing to do with how he played today, he didn't score and we need a goal scorer. I understand you really like White and I'm not having a pop at him, I've seen enough games to form an opinion on him and like I said he had plenty service in the Alloa game and missed two really good chances. His confidence has been shot to hell from all the games he's stood up front getting high balls punted up to him and nobody playing alongside him. The twitter comment was just adding to what I saw in the Alloa game, and last week when he came on against Dumbarton.

For what it's worth, without being able to bring any players in and being stuck with the squad we have I'd start White alongside Mullen as they're the best we've got just now. The big guy/wee guy combo might work and I'd like to see it given a try. Get the ball on the ground and pass it up through midfield though, none of this punting it up to White all game and def no good punting it up to Mullen. Lost count of the times DJ has hit a high ball to Mullen at the half way line, he's got no chance winning those balls against big players. (That's from what I've seen in most games this season, not what happened yesterday) Wink

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 am

Jordan White is shit.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Jordan White is shit.
    haha and Im sure he thinks highly of you too lol

Last edited by Smithy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Smithy wrote:

Mine were formed from seeing him in 16 games this season.

Like Bertie has posted, it has nothing to do with how he played today, he didn't score and we need a goal scorer. I understand you really like White and I'm not having a pop at him, I've seen enough games to form an opinion on him and like I said he had plenty service in the Alloa game and missed two really good chances. His confidence has been shot to hell from all the games he's stood up front getting high balls punted up to him and nobody playing alongside him. The twitter comment was just adding to what I saw in the Alloa game, and last week when he came on against Dumbarton.

For what it's worth, without being able to bring any players in and being stuck with the squad we have I'd start White alongside Mullen as they're the best we've got just now. The big guy/wee guy combo might work and I'd like to see it given a try. Get the ball on the ground and pass it up through midfield though, none of this punting it up to White all game and def no good punting it up to Mullen. Lost count of the times DJ has hit a high ball to Mullen at the half way line, he's got no chance winning those balls against big players. (That's from what I've seen in most games this season, not what happened yesterday) Wink

LF you and I think in a similar way and I was just a bit pissed off yesterday at lots of things, mainly player choice and result.

I haven't posted for a while but one of my pet hates is fans commenting when they don't even bother going to games. However I know that's not the case with yourself as you go to most games so sorry mate .

White  and Mullen as a partnership could well work. I think we should go two up all the time and try to play football on the deck with an option to play the correct ball in the air. Hippo is a problem to our squad, if I was the manager I would show him the door. His attitude or lack of it has a negative impact on the team. He is lazy and he has this cult status with the fans which is completely nonsense. He once again proved that he couldn't be trusted to start a game by being substituted at halftime. McGlyn gave him a second start in a row and what did he do , he ambled about the park clue less and without any effort at all. Lots of us are thinking there is something wrong within the squad well that's one of the areas where I think we have a problem. Just watch closely when he plays most other players have to shout at him to get the finger out , big Gallagher was roaring at him yesterday for not tracking back with his man. In the modern game all players have to work hard , he is not capable of it.

Another problem is the Jacobs brothers , its very difficult to make the grade in professional football and quite outstanding to have two brothers make it as professionals in the world yet we have two playing in the same team every week. If they were outstanding players and were our top performers every week than I could understand it but they are not and to play the two of them as the midfield two together showed this yesterday. This surely can't happen again as Kyle brings nothing to the party in that position. McGlynn has also moved Keaghan to right wing in some games, so he thinks maybe he can do a better job out wide as was shown early doors against Annan, but every single week they both play which leads me to ask the question Why.?

Yesterday young Jack Beaumont should have been given a chance to partner Keaghan as the centre midfield pairing I ask the question Why is he not being given an opportunity? Young Darren Moffat plays right back but he has not been given an opportunity either, although heard yesterday he may be out injured but that's not always been the case. Why have we not given the young keeper a chance in goals either but I don't want to go down that road as I've said enough about that. We are at the bottom of the league yet Jamieson ,Dycey,Kyle ,Keaghan  and Talbot appear to be the only players guaranteed to play every week  whether they play well or not.
    My question is Why?

Just for the record if I was picking the team for the next game then it would be

Grant
    Moffat Gallagher Mensing Talbot
    Keaghan Beaumont Robertson Rutherford
    White Mullen

Gives us solid players at the back,some creativity in centre midfield ,pace down the wings and our top scorers up front.

Well it's all about opinions as they say.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Think I mentioned it in the McGlynn thread elsewhere, his inability to see past the same core players (or unwillingness) is a big problem that only another manager coming in will solve. I'm not a fan of sack the manager whenever we have a bad run but in this case he's just lost to 4 part time teams and we've moved down a place after each league game, as well as being knocked out the Scottish cup by one of them. Nothing is changing in the problem areas you've mentioned Smithy as he's sticking with the players causing them.

I regard Keaghan very highly and also like Kyle, but have to admit to being frustrated with the latter, though him being moved around all the time can't be helping, I like their attitudes and work ethic.

Hippo is another who is disappointing and frustrating, he looks good further up the pitch and as well as hitting the ball well he picks out a pass to set players up, but he's clumsy in the tackle and fades out of games all the time. Maybe he isn't being given a clear role? I feel McGlynn is at fault for a lot and a new manager coming in would also clear up who can cut it and who can't, as he wont be taking prisoners if players don't measure up. I feel McGlynn is making allowances because if players he brought in fail it reflects on him so he keeps playing them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm