The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Smithy
Liviforever
9 posters

QoS v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

QoS v Livi Empty QoS v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:00 pm

The game before we play the 3 PT teams, and a team we've not lost to this season. They're on a bit of a slump struggling against Cowden and Alloa, only got 1 point from those 2 games. We've been the team that lose to teams on a slump though so that needs to change.

If our defence holds up and DJ has another good game then I can see us winning this, we seem to find the net against QoS too so I'm optimistic we'll score a few. Got a good feeling going into this and I think we'll win by the odd goal. Going for 3-2 Livi, FG 8 mins.

Mon the Lions.
    Smithy
    Smithy

QoS v Livi Empty Re: QoS v Livi

Post by Smithy Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Liviforever wrote:The game before we play the 3 PT teams, and a team we've not lost to this season. They're on a bit of a slump struggling against Cowden and Alloa, only got 1 point from those 2 games. We've been the team that lose to teams on a slump though so that needs to change.

If our defence holds up and DJ has another good game then I can see us winning this, we seem to find the net against QoS too so I'm optimistic we'll score a few. Got a good feeling going into this and I think we'll win by the odd goal. Going for 3-2 Livi, FG 8 mins.

Mon the Lions.
    Well done , you are like me in thinking we can turn this season round.

A win would be great , a point would be a good start to Jan

If we can collect 8 points in January we will be on our way to staying in the championship.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:18 pm

We'll lose 2-0. Maybe 2-1.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I suspect QoS will turn us over this week purely because previous games have been so close & could have gone either way.

I agree that we can turn the season around but while I expect another battling performance I don't expect the turnaround to start quite yet.

QoS 2 Livi 1 FG 18 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Odds would surely be another draw as we've drawn 4 times over the normal time this season and we've only beaten them in ET. Still, I'm optimistic we can sneak it in injury time this game and get the win, Ogleby is overdue a goal and has been close to getting one, he'll be the injury time hero. Kyle almost got the winner in our last game after we were 2-0 down, we always finish the stronger team against them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Both managers in the papers talking about getting a win in this game, a draw it is then. Laughing

Dunno if this is a good thing but it's the first game against QoS I've felt confident about getting a win over them, all the rest I was expecting to lose.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Going to head down to this one, play like we did against Hearts and we can definitely get something. Queens have taken 1 point from their last 2 games (against Alloa and Cowden), so hopefully they keep that kind of form up instead of upping their game for the new year.

Still think it will be a draw though. 2-2, FG 23 mins.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:04 am

2-0 Them. 19 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:24 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:2-0 Them. 19 mins.

Has my negativity taken hold??? geek
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:14 pm

We're bound to lose to them at some point, they're a solid side and playing at home in this game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:15 pm

But that is the way I think...you are not allowed to!! Razz
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:23 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:But that is the way I think...you are not allowed to!! Razz
    ha ha lol I think we will lose too cos I'm now thinking like you. It's a great idea. Happy new year to everybody
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Looks like I'm the only positive one left on here, Bertie, you'll never drag me down. Mon the Amber Machine. bounce
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:40 am

Gonna stick my neck out and say we'll snatch 3 points.

1-0 to the AM. FG 38 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Yesss, Jordan White gets the equaliser, get in, 1-1.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 pm

That'll be that then, 3-1 with about 15 mins left.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Scunnered, only consolation is Cowden and Alloa lost too.

Looks like the same od story, missed chances come back to haunt us. We need someone to play off White that can stick the ball in the net.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:15 am

Defensive errors... Same shite every game with these lads. Get the finger out
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Liviforever wrote:Scunnered, only consolation is Cowden and Alloa lost too.

Looks like the same od story, missed chances come back to haunt us. We need someone to play off White that can stick the ball in the net.

Are you suggesting using White as a target man? Because IMO he is far better on the deck than in the air despite his height.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Scunnered, only consolation is Cowden and Alloa lost too.

Are you suggesting using White as a target man? Because IMO he is far better on the deck than in the air despite his height.

White sets up as many chances as he gets himself, we just haven't got anyone taking them just now.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:35 pm

We need a goalscorer desperately. Someone above mentioned Scotland. He seemed to help Hamilton a lot last season, maybe someone to look at. What we need next is a right back. Doesn't look like we will ever see Donaldson again and Dycey isn't up to much. Who was the last decent right back we had? Always seems like a weak spot
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Achilles wrote:We need a goalscorer desperately. Someone above mentioned Scotland. He seemed to help Hamilton a lot last season, maybe someone to look at. What we need next is a right back. Doesn't look like we will ever see Donaldson again and Dycey isn't up to much. Who was the last decent right back we had? Always seems like a weak spot

Kyle had a decent run at RB earlier in the season. Although I think he should be played in the midfield, he's a much better RB than Dycey and I would play him there when we've got Keaghan, Robertson and Praprotnik to choose from.

I think the last consistent RB we had was Devon Jacobs and before him, you'd have to go back to Dave Mackay.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    Achilles wrote:We need a goalscorer desperately. Someone above mentioned Scotland. He seemed to help Hamilton a lot last season, maybe someone to look at. What we need next is a right back. Doesn't look like we will ever see Donaldson again and Dycey isn't up to much. Who was the last decent right back we had? Always seems like a weak spot

Kyle had a decent run at RB earlier in the season. Although I think he should be played in the midfield, he's a much better RB than Dycey and I would play him there when we've got Keaghan, Robertson and Praprotnik to choose from.

I think the last consistent RB we had was Devon Jacobs and before him, you'd have to go back to Dave Mackay.

Didn't Mango Barr start playing for us at right back before moving to the centre?

Or am I having another senior moment?
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Durnford wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:

Didn't Mango Barr start playing for us at right back before moving to the centre?

Or am I having another senior moment?

He did but Bollan soon realised how guff Mick O'Byrne was while Cammy MacDonald's Livi career was starting to decline. That's when Mango got shifted to the middle.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Aye Mango was about as good a RB as Dycey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content