The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

ICT v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

ICT v Livi Empty ICT v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:40 pm

A 6 pointer here, we'll put some distance between us and the bottom 4 teams if we win this game, but a defeat would see them leapfrog us. And for the love of god not another draw, can see us falling into a group of 3 with Dumbarton and ICT in the bottom half of the table if we keep drawing games.

I've aspirations of us challenging for 4th place so I really want us to win this game and get above Morton to start putting pressure on the top 4 teams.

Don't really know what to expect from ICT yet, but they've shipped a lot of goals so hopefully we'll score at least 2 past them and keep them out the other end. 3-1 Livi, fg 14 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

ICT v Livi Empty Re: ICT v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Another dreaded draw.

ICT 2 Liv 2

FG 27 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:19 am

Inverness CT 2. Livingston 0. FG 39 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am

Actually I think our defence will hold fast on this one. I also think Mullen will get an early goal setting up the flavour of the match.

0-2 win for the Livi
    First goal 9 minutes

Last edited by Durnford on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 am

Durnford wrote:Actually I think our defence will hold fast today. I also think Mullen will get an early goal setting up the flavour of the match.

0-2 win for the Livi
    First goal 9 minutes

Shocked

Thought  for a moment 'did I go on a drunken bender and miss a day' there D. Laughing

Aye, I fancy Mullen to score in this game too, he's hit some form in our last few games, getting a couple of goals and a penalty for us too.

ICT seem to be dodgy in their defence so i'm optimistic we can score a few here, but we have to defend set pieces better, we've conceded a few cheep goals from free kicks this season, pick up players at the back post and inside the 6 yard box guys.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 am

1-1, FG 24 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:34 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Actually I think our defence will hold fast today. I also think Mullen will get an early goal setting up the flavour of the match.

0-2 win for the Livi
    First goal 9 minutes

Shocked

Thought  for a moment 'did I go on a drunken bender and miss a day' there D. Laughing

Aye, I fancy Mullen to score in this game too, he's hit some form in our last few games, getting a couple of goals and a penalty for us too.

ICT seem to be dodgy in their defence so i'm optimistic we can score a few here, but we have to defend set pieces better, we've conceded a few cheep goals from free kicks this season, pick up players at the back post and inside the 6 yard box guys.

Corrected. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Caley havent had the best of starts by their standards and might have a few missing tommorow through injury by all accounts.Was headging towards the preverbial draw like a few others here but i reckon that if Hoppy is astute enough to start with two up front i feel we could possibly nick this by the odd goal in three.Unfortunatly working till 12 tommorow so its Jeff Stelling and co for me with a few beers to boot.Pity ,as ive had many a good time in Inversnecky with the Lions.Hope the travelling faithfull enjoy their day out.Cmon Livi .Do it!!!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 26 mins. Bring it on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Todorov, Mackin and Mullen starting, no Gallagher though so I take it Toddy is playing in defence.

Today's Livi XI - Alexander, Longridge, Lithgow, Byrne, Mullin, Pittman, Todorov, Mullen, Mackin, Robinson & Halkett

Today's Livi subs - Maley, McMillan, Cadden, Jacobs, Carrick, Penrice & De Vita

Bit of a surprise starting 11, Keaghan dropped to the bench for Robinson, and Toddy in defence when we've signed a defender on loan from Motherwell for cover there.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Seems to be all ICT so far, hopefully we'll weather their early pressure and get ourselves into the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Big Toddy scores from a corner to go 1-0 up and 2 mins later ICT score to level, fecksake can we no hold onto a lead.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

1-1 HT, Lithgow, Mullin & Mullen all getting Yellow cards in the last few minutes before HT.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Fecking yasss Robinson makes it 2-1.

Now lets hold onto our lead this time and bang in another one to make sure of it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Byrne booked now, refs on a mission to book all our players.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:17 pm

13 mins off with my first goal time but spot on with the 3-1 prediction. Very Happy

iExcellent win, we really needed those 3 points to get us away from the bottom teams and close in on the top 4 places. Well done the Livi Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Brilliant result, pity QoS couldn't fight back against Morton for a draw and a pity Brechin couldn't hold on for a point at the Rock.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Terrific result today from the Lions.No credit from Wee Robbo in his post match interview towards us concentrating more on the failings of his teams failures.Good to see the goals spread around and keeps the momentum going for a wee bit longer hopefully.Tough schedule ahead but after this who knows we might just surprise a few people.Hope the faithfull enjoyed their day up north and all got home safely.Once again well Hoppy and the boys!.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:52 am

Tbf Robbo has a point, pretty poor defending not picking up runners and unmarked players for our goals. As were our marking for theirs, Alexander is caught between going for their player with the ball and the Caley player running in unmarked for a cross, and that is enough distraction for them to hit it past him. All well taken goals though so credit to all the goal scorers. https://vimeo.com/234145937

The Caley highlights show their offside goal too, tight decision but thankfully went our way.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am

Offside decision- can we get that Lino every week? Camera angle isn't the greatest to be definitive but it looks like we got a huge rub of the green on that one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content