The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Durnford
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
livi96
Liviforever
Auld Nick
10 posters

Hubs at Fester Road

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Hubs at Fester Road - Page 2 Empty Re: Hubs at Fester Road

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Honestly, spending time and money watching this lot away from home is a complete waste. PSG and tinder trolling for me this evening, 8/10 - will do again on Saturday afternoon.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Yep, we were never going to win this but we managed to throw away a point that could have instilled some confidence....that said the SKY app suggested we barely had a shot at goal all night.

Did we have 5 at the back or was Gallagher in midfield as the SKY app suggested?
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:16 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yep, we were never going to win this but we managed to throw away a point that could have instilled some confidence....that said the SKY app suggested we barely had a shot at goal all night.

Did we have 5 at the back or was Gallagher in midfield as the SKY app suggested?

Started with 4 (Dycey, Gallagher, Sives, Talbot) with Cole playing CM. Once we conceded, we went with 3 CBs with Dycey and Talbot becoming wing backs.

We were second best all night, midfield were poor and only a couple of decent challenges and poor finishing kept the scoreline at 1-0. Sekajja was running around like a headless chicken and his first touch was shocking at times and McKenna failed to live up to his impressive performance against Raith, clearly a difference in quality between a diddy team from Leith and a diddy team from Kirkcaldy. I thought Cole was impressive when he was at CB and for once, Dycey wasn't shite.

Our goal was Stoke City-esque as (not for the first time) we scored from a throw-in but it was completely against the run of play as we never looked like scoring all night. But it was more hysterical than depressing how we chucked it 30 seconds after scoring.

Fair to say there's no point riding on luck, we're going down. The sooner, the better so I can stop going to the games in hope more than anything else.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:08 pm

The Albion Rovers fans were saying we'd go down after seeing us in our cup game against them, I tried to defend us by telling them we'd be fine once we gelled in a few games time, Livi blinkers obv blinded me to what they were seeing.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Well that was another dreadfull performance regardless what the scoreline says. For a start they had dropped 3 of there top players for a rest to the bench Allen Mgcheoch and Malonga sorry for the spelling don't have program with me. The first half could easily have been 4 nil and we couldn't string 2 passes together all night. 2 shots in 90 minutes and the reality is we seem to be getting most of our goals from long throw inns wonderfull to watch ! Wierdly for all there early domination I actually thought we could nick something from the game but wasn't to be - We were at opposite ends maybe highlights will show iff DJ should have come and punched the cross for there winner . Only positive was Cole but looks like he is getting relegated 2 seasons on the trot from the championship I don't see where a single point is coming from
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Well that was another dreadfull performance regardless what the scoreline says. For a start they had dropped 3 of there top players for a rest to the bench Allen Mgcheoch and Malonga sorry for the spelling don't have program with me. The first half could easily have been 4 nil and we couldn't string 2 passes together all night. 2 shots in 90 minutes and the reality is we seem to be getting most of our goals from long throw inns wonderfull to watch ! Wierdly for all there early domination I actually thought we could nick something from the game but wasn't to be - We were at opposite ends maybe highlights will show iff DJ should have come and punched the cross for there winner . Only positive was Cole but looks like he is getting relegated 2 seasons on the trot from the championship I don't see where a single point is coming from
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:08 pm

TBH I'd rather we played shite against Hibs and Sevco and put in a good performance against Dumbarton and Alloa, those are the 2 games we need to win, and would have a chance of doing so if we go out and play them like cup finals. Would be the reverse of what we've done all season if we did.

Getting a point from the Sevco game would be a pleasant surprise but it's the 2 games after that we need to put in 100% effort, with controlled aggression chasing down and pressing in midfied being a key part.

Our whole season is now down to those 2 games, not winning either one of them and it's over.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:16 am

I agree with you LF those two games v Dumbarton and Alloa are what our season hinges on
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:50 am

Dumbarton's a challenge but Alloa is the real concern. If Alloa dig in and defend at all costs (which they're pretty good at actually) will we be able to break them down?

Using our usual strategy, of flooding the team with strikers, won't work as they won't get quality ball.

Its obviously a must win for us as a draw or loss will pretty much put the seal on things. Almost certainly our three best at the back five in midfield (possibly including wing-backs) and the two fastest at the front.

Absolutely need to control the midfield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am