The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
7 posters

Play Offs Thread

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Play Offs Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Play Offs Thread

Post by Liviforever Tue May 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Heard a few of those, liked the one about living forever/until Hibs win the Scottish cup. Laughing

Oh and the Kenny Miller one gave me a chuckle. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes Durnford, pretty witty.....although the quid take over bid is a bit close to home thinking back to Don Paul's offer to the Mad Italian.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Not really bothered which of the Huns or the Hubs stay down but it would be funnier if it was the Huns; so disappointed that they are now in the driving seat following their 2-0 win.

I can't see Motherwell surviving either unfortunately.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Mon the Well.

Looking at Motherwell's match results, they're pretty decent at home but terrible away, so could be vital for them playing the 2nd leg at home, also a chance it would go into ET and they'd prob win at home.

Last 6 Home games were:

Well 3-1 Killie
    Well 1-1 RC
    Well 5-0 St Mirren
    Well 4-0 Accies
    Well 1-1 Killie
    Well 2-1 ICT

Their Away form is 1 win and 5 defeats in their last 6 away games, so hopefully they get an away tie first.

Edit* Looked at the SPFL website and it looks like Motherwell will have the 2nd leg at home, that gives them an excellent chance of winning and staying up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Unless they get whipped soundly in the 1st leg.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Unless they get whipped soundly in the 1st leg.

Motherwell haven't had any heavy defeats in their last 6 away games so doubt Sevco will pump them. A draw or even a 2 goal defeat at Ibrox would still give them massive hope of winning through at home.

Still reckon Hibs have a chance though, much like Accies last season after losing their first leg, I think if Hibs get a goal back Sevco will crumble. Don't like Stubbs though so I'm not all that fussed if they lose, would want Motherwell to beat Hibs too if they get to the final.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Absolutely want Motherwell to stay up. Sadly I don't think it will happen. (I also wonder if my predicting the worst works for other teams!)
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Hibs have 6 minutes to save their season & need 2 goals.

Looks like the Green Goblins will be visiting us again next season...if we are still here.

A quick goal now might see the Huns panic...but I doubt it
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 pm

And typically Cammy Bell feigns an injury to waste some time.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:49 pm

I've only seen the second half but Hibs really haven't threatened to score.

I'm also confident that Motherwell will not beat the Huns from what I am seeing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:52 pm

5 mins of injury time....but still no sign of Hubs even creating an opening
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat May 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Hibs are an utterly pathetic football club. No mental strength whatsoever, just shut them down.

Motherwell will shit it and get horsed in the first leg. Quite fancied seeing Rangers spending another season in the second tier but getting pumped in the top flight will have to do.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Superb finish from Cummings but its too little too late.

With regard to Rangers struggling... they will strengthen significantly if/when they get past Motherwell. They will do okay in the top tier & within a year or two will again be the biggest challenger to their Weegie rivals.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat May 23, 2015 2:03 pm

They'll bankrupt themselves chasing Celtic, some things never change BB. Can't see them challenging whilst playing mediocrities like McGregor, McCulloch, Moshni, Black and Nicky Clark.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 2:18 pm

That is just it Afro, once they get up they will once again become a draw for the eejits that think moving to Glasgow is career progression. The better players from the wee clubs will head there & they will be able to move on the guys you have mentioned.

The drawing card is that they will have the opportunity to make "the club that used to be Rangers" great again. (I use the term "great again" loosely & sarcastically). We can only watch how their latest board handles matters.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:That is just it Afro, once they get up they will once again become a draw for the eejits that think moving to Glasgow is career progression. The better players from the wee clubs will head there & they will be able to move on the guys you have mentioned.

The drawing card is that they will have the opportunity to make "the club that used to be Rangers" great again. (I use the term "great again" loosely & sarcastically). We can only watch how their latest board handles matters.

How'd that work out for them the last time? They're so far behind Celtic it would take years to catch up, and knowing their impatience to build slowly, combined with their fans getting slagged rotten by their unwashed rivals, they'll throw everything at it, fail, and go bust.

Hearts are way ahead of them ffs, they can't even win a Championship with millions being chucked at a crap team.

Still not writing Motherwell off.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:And typically Cammy Bell feigns an injury to waste some time.

Has he been watching DJ? Laughing

Didn't realise the game was on early, doesn't look like I missed much.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:That is just it Afro, once they get up they will once again become a draw for the eejits that think moving to Glasgow is career progression. The better players from the wee clubs will head there & they will be able to move on the guys you have mentioned.

How'd that work out for them the last time? They're so far behind Celtic it would take years to catch up, and knowing their impatience to build slowly, combined with their fans getting slagged rotten by their unwashed rivals, they'll throw everything at it, fail, and go bust.

Hearts are way ahead of them ffs, they can't even win a Championship with millions being chucked at a crap team.

Still not writing Motherwell off.

You're discounting the drawing power of the name. It was a masterstroke to retain the name & the history (we all know they are not the same club but officially they are whether we like it or not & whether we acknowledge it or not) - the new regime could bring a fresh approach. They only need to get the best players from the rest of the clubs to become the second force & once they reach that level they start to become attractive to even better players who know they will challenge & get some level of European competition regularly.

Also, Celtic aren't that far ahead at the moment anyway; a mediocre Aberdeen pushed them for much of the season; a less than average Caley Thistle beat them (albeit with the benefit of a very dodgy decision) in the cup semi final.

Hearts got it right this season & I expect them to finish top 6 next season but if(when) the Huns do get past Motherwell, I would expect them to finish top 6 as well.

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat May 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Delighted Hibs have stayed down. Pre-match bevs will have to be better organised this season though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    You're discounting the drawing power of the name. It was a masterstroke to retain the name & the history (we all know they are not the same club but officially they are whether we like it or not & whether we acknowledge it or not) - the new regime could bring a fresh approach. They only need to get the best players from the rest of the clubs to become the second force & once they reach that level they start to become attractive to even better players who know they will challenge & get some level of European competition regularly.

Also, Celtic aren't that far ahead at the moment anyway; a mediocre Aberdeen pushed them for much of the season; a less than average Caley Thistle beat them (albeit with the benefit of a very dodgy decision) in the cup semi final.

Hearts got it right this season & I expect them to finish top 6 next season but if(when) the Huns do get past Motherwell, I would expect them to finish top 6 as well.

You're being far too sensible Bertie, this is Sevco we're talking about, really can't see them being that patient building up a decent side.

They needed loans all season to get through the Championship, the money wont really start to come in till the following season if they got into the Premiership, just how they'll survive till then is going to be fun viewing. I hear a lot of talk from King but so far with little substance backing it up, can't wait to see how they will be funded by 40 million quid or more to try and compete with Celtic.

They're still a clusterfuck both on and off field too, hell of a lot has to get sorted out before they are anywhere near ready to get back to challenging Celtic, let alone being good enough to get near Aberdeen. Would prob be funnier if they did beat Motherwell as I can see them in admin before the season ends.

Anyways, mon the Well. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Trouble is everyone has been predicting admin for them this season & here they are on the verge of promotion. Besides whatever "Sevco" was it isn't what it is now, King is a new broom & the only good news is that the idiots that run the game have declared him a fit & proper person, which means he probably isn't.

With McCall at the helm I am pretty sure they will be managed well (don't forget that until the start of this season he had back to back 2nd place finishes with 'Well). They will become a force in the footballing backwater that is the spfl, mark my words.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 23, 2015 11:56 pm

We'll leave it at that for now then and see how things look at the end of next season, or when Motherwell beat them in the play off final. Cool Wink
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun May 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Typical Hibs. Think they'll be in this league for quite a while with their habit of bottling it.

Hope Motherwell beat Sevco, will be funny as fuck (well, it already is) if they've just spent £80million getting out of the lower leagues and fail. But then again, them going up means we don't need to put up with the mutants at the Vale next season, win-win really...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Sevco 1-3 Motherwell. Job half done, mon the Well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Hubs had a 2 goal away lead last season but Accies turned them over. Not counting the chickens just yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 pm