The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Afro
Troy
6 posters

Crusaders Plea.

Troy

Crusaders Plea. Empty Crusaders Plea.

Post by Troy Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Like many others i have tried in vain to get the Friday of work but unfortunatly have been unsuccsessfull.Im putting it out that if any of our posters have any knowledge of anywhere in the Livingston area that has Premier Sports could they let us know so that we can at least be there in spirit.Im sure if we found somewhere the said establishment would make a few bob or two.I asked the club a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of getting a live stream into one of the bars or the A/S but the response has been negative.If i personally hear of anything i will post right away so as to give some of us the chance to see the game.Once again any help on this matter would be much appreciated.Thanks.
    Afro
    Afro

Crusaders Plea. Empty Re: Crusaders Plea.

Post by Afro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:17 pm

The club are offering a dinner and TV deal for £5. Pretty good value if you ask me.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Cheers Afro.Have just noticed the news on the O C website.Your dead right its a no brainer.Reckon the stadium bar would surely be packed out for this if the word was spread.I for one would be there as would at least 8 others i know would be up for this.At last the club are for once listening to the fans and kudos must go to them if they can pull it off.Spread the word posters.I certainly will be.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 am

Yayyyy, good for the club, now we just need the fans to let them know they'll go down to it so it gets put on. I haven't got twitter but i'll post on FB to let them know i'll be up for it, i'll ask the guys I sit beside at the game if they're going as well.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi guys.Regarding the proposed event next Friday in the Stadium bar.I spoke to the club this morning and they told me that in order for this event to be viable and go ahead we need to get get between 40-50 fans to turn up.Without being pessemistic here surely we should be able among us all to reach and possibly exceed that figure.Ifeel if we cant then our loyal support really do have a problem.Hopefully the Livi fans on the other forums will have seen the statement on the O C web site and will act accordingly.The carrot has been dangled and i feel its to good an opportunity to miss.Well done to those passing the word around the more we get down there the better to have the wee bar rockin.We are Livingston!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Is there enough seats for 50 folk in the bar, never seen that many fok in it before.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 pm

L/F.Over the years ive been in the wee bar for Scotland games and various functions including the famous Caley party when its been packed to the rafters.Yes it was slightly uncomfortable at times but the atmosphere in such a small space made you forget about the comfort.Probably some folk would prefer to stand and if as i hope it is packed out i dont mind standing.Lets just make sure the event goes ahead,would be such a shame if we missed it although i do understand your concerns if indeed you have any.Dont think the club would have looked into hosting this without thinking ahead.Fingers crossed all goes well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:46 am

Was thinking about the meal aspect of the deal, dinny fancy eating standing up, unless it was just a pie. Smile

Pity we don't have a home game before this game to announce it to our fans at the stadium, would be more chance of getting folk down to this, hopefully enough folk read the OS and FB though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Shouldn't this thread be in the Livi fc general discussion thread?

Anyhoo, the meal & tv deal is now a goer, tickets on sale down at the stadium, on a first come first served basis. Don't know what the bar holds but i'll nip down today and get some, would like to think we'll have a full house/bar for this and don't want to risk not getting to see the game. bounce

Well done to the club for doing this. cheers
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Yep.Well spotted L/F.I was just teasing to see if anyone noticed.Seriosly it was my first time on the forum to open up a new topic of which at the time i thought was extremely relevant and to save us going elsewhere.Thankfully the club acted promptly to allay our fears.Got my ticket today and i would suggest that fans dont leave it to the last minute in case they end up being dissapointed.By all accounts the club have said theres been a terrific response from fans for this event so dont leave it late.You have been warned!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:32 pm

If it was that good they should use the Almondvale Suite
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:53 pm

The AS is leased out to Food Creations Bertie, Livi are doing this themselves.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:46 pm

so is the AS in use every night?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Doubt it but we'd prob have to pay FC for the use of it. I think it is their base operation and one of the places they advertise catering functions from.

The bar is Livi's still so no 3rd party involvement, another function suite is also going to be used if there is a demand for it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:43 am

Hmmm. So do we lease it to them (so it is a revenue stream for us in terms of the lease) or do WLC (as landlords of the stadium) lease it to them?

If your final comment is right then my initial comment is "covered" by an alternative suite anyway, so there is a contingency if more want to turn up than can comfortably fit in the bar, which is all I was suggesting should be in place. That being said it is ticket only, so perhaps they are limiting themselves to the bar's capacity?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:07 am

Afaik Livi lease it to FC and will get revenue from doing so, same as they used to make a bit from Lindleys for the stadium serveries.

Was on the Livi FC facebook that there were 60 tickets for the bar and  another suite available if the demand was there.

Livingston FC

Livingston FC 60 for now but depending on the uptake we may open another suite accommodate more.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Was told this morning ticket sales are going really well for this and yes one of the bars upstairs will open if the demand is there for it.The club are confident of a very good turnout for this.Pass the word around and get your tickets by whatever means ASAP.Buzzin for this cant wait.Its gonna be good!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Got 3 tickets for this, looking forward to it.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:59 am

Been down to stadium and it's now sold out....gutted to have missed out
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Thought they were opening up another suite if the bar got filled, was wondering how they were going to do it though. Just sell more tickets and maybe having only 3 folk in it or take your name and mobile number to let you know if there were enough extra people interested to open up the other suite.

Did they just tell you it was sold out and that was it?
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:14 pm

Was the wife that went in and they just told her it's fully booked
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:49 pm

cptn_hooch wrote:Was the wife that went in and they just told her it's fully booked

A bit of poor communication between the Livi board and staff then Hooch, just seen this on LIvi fc twitter:
    Livingston FC ‏@LiviFCOfficial · now

Tomorrow's TV & food night now sold out. Stadium Bar with overflow into the Ferranti Suite due to the level of interest now.

They should've given your wife tickets for the Ferranti suite, or at least taken her details to get in touch once there was enough interest for them to decide to open another suite.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Went back down after work...BOTH are sold out apparently
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Wow, great response from the fans then, the OS should put another message up saying both the bar and the Ferranti suite are sold out though, to save folk going down and finding out at the reception.

Should be a good atmosphere watching the game, really looking forward to it, just hope we get a win and go away happy Livi fans. Mon the Lions. cheers
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Part of me feels a bit guilty about creating this topic.I did to try and bring it to the attention of the club as to the feeling of people i had spoken to with the desire to possibly get something like this going.I should have known that when the club told me earlier in the week that ticket sales were going well that the fans would respond to the plea i had made in the first place.Whilst i never want to see any Livi fan not having the opportunity to watch our team wherever i have been saying in many posts this last 6 days not to leave it to late to aviod dissapointment.Such a pity we couldnt have got the Almondvale Suite as i feel we could have filled it to the gunnells.Once again i sympithise with those who are going to miss out but also would say a big shout to the fortunate ones who answered the plea in the first place Well done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 am