The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LiviCub
LanarkshireLion
Liviforever
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
EdinburghLivi
11 posters

Albion Rovers 0-0 Livi (3-4 Pens) - League Cup - Sat 2nd August

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Albion Rovers 0-0 Livi (3-4 Pens) - League Cup - Sat 2nd August - Page 2 Empty Re: Albion Rovers 0-0 Livi (3-4 Pens) - League Cup - Sat 2nd August

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Yaaaaaaassss! Kyle, Mikey, Jordan & Davie Rob, take a bow. Danny & Myles, training tomorrow lol.

Sounds like a guff performance but happy to be through. Most important thing.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Albion Rovers 0-0 Livi (3-4 Pens) - League Cup - Sat 2nd August - Page 2 Empty Re: Albion Rovers 0-0 Livi (3-4 Pens) - League Cup - Sat 2nd August

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Few folk absolutely slating Mullen on Facebook. By all accounts, played very well last week and looked pretty damn good up at Arbroath. Don't get it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:45 pm

2 games in & they are slating a youngster. They should get a life.

They should let footballers walk round the place of employment of the "fans" & berate them for not answering their phone within 3 rings; or mistyping something or getting calculations wrong.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Through by the skin of our teeth.

Can't say I was impressed by that performance. Started off pretty good with some nice passing from the back through midfield but the longer the game went on the worse our passing got and the better Rovers were. Ended up mostly missing the midfield out for much of the game with long balls straight up to the front players. O'Brien was the only Livi player making any impact from midfield when we actually made passes from there, he played some great diagonal balls into the final third. Think the wind played its part right enough, the team with the wind at their back had the best spells in the game, us in the first half, Rovers in the 2nd.

ET was quite entertaining though, esp the second half, was end to end with both teams getting a chance. Mullen should've stole the game with his penalty but blasted it over the bar. Though it would've been harsh on Rovers who prob deserved to beat us over the whole game. They had the best chances to score and only a couple of fantastic saves from DJ kept us in the game, particularly the first one down to his right bottom corner, no idea how he managed to get down to that with a hand.

Dunno why McGlynn waited till ET before bringing Hippolyte on, expected him on in the last 20 mins of nomal time, strange waiting till ET as we could easily have been beaten before that.

Anyway, was a fantastic penalty shoot out, DJ is solid at penalties and well done to Kyle, McKenna, White and Robertson* in scoring their penalties. Unlucky on Hippolyte hitting the post for his one/

*Robertson is making a habit of getting the last goal to put us through into the next round of the cups.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:2 games in & they are slating a youngster. They should get a life.

They should let footballers walk round the place of employment of the "fans" & berate them for not answering their phone within 3 rings; or mistyping something or getting calculations wrong.
    Maybe we should start a Breakaway Facebook page for the fair-minded Livi fans?

One of the names was a regular on the page, should know better.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:2 games in & they are slating a youngster. They should get a life.

Maybe we should start a Breakaway Facebook page for the fair-minded Livi fans?

One of the names was a regular on the page, should know better.

Laughing I'm not on FB or Twit-er; don't see the point of them really...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 am

Mullen wasn't great but neither were any other attacking Livi players, prob just a knee jerk reaction to his howler of a penalty.

Tbh I'm kinds glad we didn't beat them in ET as they didn't deserve to lose to us over the 120 mins.

The penalty shoot out was more fitting as it is a lottery, a few Albion fans came over and shook my hand wishing us all the best after the game which was decent of them.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:06 am

Rovers played out of their skins as teams often do in cup ties. Livi wanted too long on the ball and were never allowed to do that. I also felt that some of our more experienced players didn't want to take responsibility, passing to marked players instead of trying to do something with the ball.
    Mullen's penalty was awful but at least he was willing to take it. Like the rest of the team he didn't play great but he wasn't one of the ones who lacked effort. He is young and has plenty of time to develop.
    I think Shaun Rutherford also shows potential. He is another youngster who is not afraid to get stuck in.
    Incidentally I think I prefer Jordan White to Ogleby who, so far, hasn't done much more that blast shots over the bar IMO.
    Onwards and upwards to Easter Road next week. Sometimes I am more comfortable with being the underdog.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Yeah the underdog status will prob lift our players to do well next week, hope so anyway.

Rovers are no mugs in cup comps, they made 400K last season on the back of their cup exploits.

Their fans around me were impressed with Sives, DJ and O'Brien. Think Gallagher also had a decent game. Strange for a change that our defence were getting plaudits, esp DJ in goal, makes a change for us having some decent defenders and keeping a clean sheet in a game we weren't at our best in.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:46 pm

orco wrote:Rovers played out of their skins as teams often do in cup ties. Livi wanted too long on the ball and were never allowed to do that. I also felt that some of our more experienced players didn't want to take responsibility, passing to marked players instead of trying to do something with the ball.
    Mullen's penalty was awful but at least he was willing to take it. Like the rest of the team he didn't play great but he wasn't one of the ones who lacked effort. He is young and has plenty of time to develop.
    I think Shaun Rutherford also shows potential. He is another youngster who is not afraid to get stuck in.
    Incidentally I think I prefer Jordan White to Ogleby who, so far, hasn't done much more that blast shots over the bar IMO.
    Onwards and upwards to Easter Road next week. Sometimes I am more comfortable with being the underdog.

Agree with your thoughts, its a good result to get through when Rangers Motherwell and Airdrie have all struggled against rovers recently.

Poor game by most players, DJ was excellent and thought White was very strong and led the line well, felt sorry for him as the service he received was woeful, he certainly does not lose the ball often and is a handful for any defence as shown against QOTS and again yesterday.

Robertson came on and  showed he was interested like White and got stuck in albeit a few loose balls played out of the park.

Next week I expect to see Robertson and White start the game as their work ethic and experience will be needed at Easter road.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Still can't believe how high over the bar Mullen hit that penalty.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Yeah that really was dreadful. I think he'll be off pens now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm