The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
orco
LiviLion
cptn_hooch
Auld Nick
Durnford
Liviforever
10 posters

Livi v Glenafton

djs9750

Livi v Glenafton - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Glenafton

Post by djs9750 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Thought that expenses were deducted before the gate money was split. Has that changed, or was it never the case?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I think there is a certain percentage deducted from the takings for the home team's expenses and then a split on what's left between Livi and Glenafton.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Liviforever wrote:Me too also Orco, hope we stick about 5 goals past them in the first half.

Fixed it for you
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Liviforever wrote:I think there is a certain percentage deducted from the takings for the home team's expenses and then a split on what's left between Livi and Glenafton.

actually I think its three ways with a chunk also going to the SFA or whatever they call themselves to cover prize money
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:I think there is a certain percentage deducted from the takings for the home team's expenses and then a split on what's left between Livi and Glenafton.

actually I think its three ways with a chunk also going to the SFA or whatever they call themselves to cover prize money

Is that not just for the Irn bru challenge cup? The teams don't get tv money in that comp either as it's all factored into the prize money but in the Scottish and League cups both teams share the tv money. We were the only game in the quarter finals not televised and lost out on the tv dosh.

I'm sure the play offs are the same, tv money for the final and a percentage of the gate money goes to the SPFL. The Scottish cup is nothing to do with the SPFL though, that comes under the SFA, I think.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Me too also Orco, hope we stick about 5 goals past them in the first half.

Fixed it for you

Aye that would do fine. Cool
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:50 pm

For those who are not going solely in protest because of the ticket prices:

Livingston 7. Glenafton 0. FG 12 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Anyone wanting to have a bash at predicting the attendance?

An optimistic 550.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Junior teams sometimes bring decent supports to these type of games with it being a day out for their supporters.Nevertheless il share your optimism L/F and go for somewhere around the 630 mark.To the game itself.It seems that the hullabaloo at the start of the week seems to have subsided abit albeit most of us are not happy with having to part with £18 tommorow for a game of this stature.I sincerly hope that the Lions are tottally profesional here.Personnaly id wait to we are at least 3 goals up before introducing some of the fringe players to the proceedings.Priority for me is getting through this tie and see where it takes us without any yellow or red cards or serious injuries.This wee team have absolutly nothing to lose and so will no doubt have a right go,its up to us to break their spirits and put them in their place.Anyways il be there to cheer on the Lions and i hope you all will be to even if its under protest.Do it Livi!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:35 am

I'll split the difference.... 605
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 am

A difficult one to forecast; if we go a couple up will we take our foot off the gas so as to not humiliate them; alternatively there a few boys, Carrick for example, with a bit to prove.

I'm going for six nil to Livi with first goal after 7 mins.

As far as crowd is concerned 150 Glenafton fans are meant to be coming by coach; potentially double that for those making their own way and that will be 300 away supporters - I imagine (hope) we wont get less than 400 home making the total just above 700 - I'll say 721.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Hope you're right Durnford, that should have us at least breaking even. Then we'll still have the prize money later on as a bonus, hopefully we get through to at least the quarters and make a few quid from this cup comp too.

Ideally i'd like to see us have 5 or 6 hundred Livi fans today with us not having had a home game for a few weeks and it'll be another fortnight till our next one when we play Falkirk.

Mon the Lions, lets get right in about this mob and make it an enjoyable afternoon. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:45 pm

So it was 635 with over 200 away fans... Completely nonsensical decision to open the east stand... Could have had everyone in the west stand, only need stewards and pie stands open in that stand, that would have reduced the cost.

Easy enough win in the end, we probably should have scored more. Thought Carrick put in a power of work for little personal reward, very good shift for the team though. Linked superbly with Mullin (who was poor in the first half) for the build up to the second goal. Jacobs dictated the game in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd but still hit some great passes. Pittman worked all game, Byrne did well, Longridge needs to work on final ball. Back 3 were unflustered. Maley was largely untroubled. Mackin took his goals well, contributed more than usual elsewhere. Subs all did OK.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Maley still gives me palpitations when he comes for a cross, flaps at them or punches that could go anywhere. Didn't really have any saves to make though so comfortable enough afternoon for him. Gallagher was superb at sweeping up anything that got in behind us, and all 3 dealt with all the high balls put into us.
    Jacko was frustrating to watch, just wouldn't try to take his man on to hit the byeline, and a lot of poor balls from him. First half we looked like we lacked match sharpness tbh, a lot of loose passes. Pittman seems shot shy, a couple of times he was bang in the middle with a clear shot at goal but made a pass, the one to Keaghan and Gallagher at the back post was 2 great chances to go in 3-0 up first half.

2nd half we were a lot better, Glenafton looked spent too right enough, prob shot their bolt in the first half and couldn't keep up their intensity, that gave us more attacking play and we had a couple of good efforts that were well saved by their keeper. Mullin was really running them ragged 2nd half and it was a superb ball in for Mackin's 2nd goal.
    Thought Knox looked good when he came on too, some lovely mazy runs through their defenders, shame he didn't score when he ran through them and got a shot off.

Comfortable win in the end and a good run out for us to get ready for QoS next Sat.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:So it was 635 with over 200 away fans... Completely nonsensical decision to open the east stand... Could have had everyone in the west stand, only need stewards and pie stands open in that stand, that would have reduced the cost.

Easy enough win in the end, we probably should have scored more. Thought Carrick put in a power of work for little personal reward, very good shift for the team though. Linked superbly with Mullin (who was poor in the first half) for the build up to the second goal. Jacobs dictated the game in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd but still hit some great passes. Pittman worked all game, Byrne did well, Longridge needs to work on final ball. Back 3 were unflustered. Maley was largely untroubled. Mackin took his goals well, contributed more than usual elsewhere. Subs all did OK.

Actually I thought the announcer said it was 735 with 270 odd Glenafton supporters

We started the game with three fringe players and Jacobs who also rarely seems to start nowadays. The substitutes were one player just back from injury and two youngsters. Knox was frustrating; with the showboating attempts crept back into his game with usually didn't end well - he'd cut that out previously and become a far better player for it; its a shame he's decided to go backwards.

Henderson seemed quite out of his depth but was willing to give it a go.

Surprised Mackin was taken off when he was on a hat-trick but assume that was because he was injured.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm sure he said 635 when he first announced it but it did sound like he said 735 when he mentioned it again... Still could have all been in the west stand though.

Disagree with LF that Glenafton looked spent, they had their best couple of chances late on; neither was particularly worrying. Their keeper made some decent saves.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Nah their energy levels dropped later on and we took over the game, first half they competed well with us though, but we dealt quite comfortably with their high balls into our box, mostly from free kicks, which they seemed to have a lot.

Noticed too that we actually had the largest crowd of all the Scottish cup games today, and prob charged the most for entry, go figure.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 am

A wee bit nearvy at times yesterday i thought on a cold and bitter day at the Vale.Dont really think we were ever in any danger of losing this but credit to Glenafton and especially their goalkeeper who kept them in the game on numerous occasions.Big Colin did announcethe crowd as 635 which kind of delighted me as i was only 5 out with my prediction albeit as embaresing as it was.Couple of scalps yesterday from the lower ranks im just glad that we were not one of them.Anyways we are into the next round and cant wait to see who we get tommorow afternoon.Well done Livi for dodging a preverbial bullet yesterday.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 am

Liviforever wrote:Noticed too that we actually had the largest crowd of all the Scottish cup games today, and prob charged the most for entry, go figure.

No we didn't, Queen's Park and LTHV got more than we did. Dumbarton were the only other Championship side at home, and they had a glamour tie against the well-supported Elgin. We also had the lowest % of our league average, 49% when you compare it to that.

Anyway, would like one of the Highland League teams in the next round. Hopefully it's away, don't fancy forking out a kidney to watch it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Noticed too that we actually had the largest crowd of all the Scottish cup games today, and prob charged the most for entry, go figure.

No we didn't, Queen's Park and LTHV got more than we did. Dumbarton were the only other Championship side at home, and they had a glamour tie against the well-supported Elgin. We also had the lowest % of our league average, 49% when you compare it to that.

Anyway, would like one of the Highland League teams in the next round. Hopefully it's away, don't fancy forking out a kidney to watch it.

So the 2nd or 3rd highest then I looked at them all on the BBC website and hadn't noticed there were another 4 games not listed that you had to click on for all 16 games (LTHV v St Mirren hasn't got their att figures up). QoS and Raith were playing other SPFL teams away and we were playing a junior team, yet our Att was higher than both. So my point still stands, after all the hooha about our high price and saying lower prices get higher gates ours got a higher att than 14/15 of those games charging less than us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:39 pm

So does that make us bigger mugs or just faithful fans?

LF we controlled the game from start to finish, we didn't need their energy level to drop off for that. I expected them to run out of steam & thought we might capitalise & make the margin of victory look as comfortable as the run of play had been but was surprised that they kept plugging away. Closest they came to scoring was when Maley kicked it away at his near post, he looked awkward doing it & I thought for a second he'd made a mess of it but he didn't really have a save to make all game. Also, our best chances that didn't go in were arguably the two near the end of the 1st half that you mentioned earlier, we should have done better with both & the decent saves their keeper made were earlier in the second half than the incident I mentioned with Maley above.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Still say they were in our half more first half than second and they dropped off second half giving us far more possession going forward. Apart from free kicks that Newlands kept giving them they never troubled us much 2nd half and even then it was high balls into our box against our 3 big CB's. That Maley kick at the near post would've been criminal if it got past him from the angle it was hit, he'd have had to jump over it for it to get past him.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 pm

A pretty nondescript game which we were expected to win. I was a bit anxious when I saw that Maley was starting but our defence for the last couple of seasons has made the goalie's job a lot easier and so it transpired today apart from a couple of desperate punches and him charging out at one point before being rescued by a defender.

Kudos to Mackin for taking his goals. I've been a harsh critic of him due to his poor workrate but apparently the management are working on that. In the meantime keep firing them in Dylan.
    Does anyone know why Danny wasn't on the teamsheet?

The Glenafton fans created a good atmosphere and the ones in the wee bar after the game were a decent bunch.

It wouldn't be me if I didn't mention the referee. Inconsistent as per usual with most 50/50 decisions going to the wee team. He did the same last season when we played Edinburgh City at Meadowbank.

Anyway we won. Here's hoping we get a decent draw in the next round.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Liviforever wrote:Still say they were in our half more first half than second and they dropped off second half giving us far more possession going forward. Apart from free kicks that Newlands kept giving them they never troubled us much 2nd half and even then it was high balls into our box against our 3 big CB's. That Maley kick at the near post would've been criminal if it got past him from the angle it was hit, he'd have had to jump over it for it to get past him.

Didn't expect you to change your mind ya stubborn git lol!

Yeah it would have been criminal but I honestly thought he was going to swipe fresh air as he shaped to kick it but thankfully he kicked it away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm