The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Durnford
Auld Nick
Troy
Liviforever
8 posters

Livi v Dunfermline

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dunfermline Empty Livi v Dunfermline

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Not looking very promising weather wise, can't see this game being on.

However on the slim chance of it being played i'll go for a home win, 2-0 Livi, fg 12 mins.

Rafa had a big influence on our win over Dumbarton, him and Mackin up front again, or Boyd back in and Rafa on the wing maybe, would imagine Penrice and Mullin will be back in the starting line up. We need to be mindful of Dunfermline's wingers this time, they took Mullin to the cleaners at our last away game against them, not sure why McMillan hasn't featured for a while, he took care of Aird in the 2nd half, have we still got him on loan?

Anyway, maybe need to go with a back 4 for this or we'll get skinned down the wings, and for fecksake don't allow Aird to cut inside and have free shots at our goal.

Mon the Lions, mon the weather sunny
    Troy

Livi v Dunfermline Empty Re: Livi v Dunfermline

Post by Troy Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:19 am

Not a cats chance in hell that this game will be on but there again we all new that with the weather weve had to endure this week.Pity as i reckon Dumfermline will be stronger whenever this game gets rescheduled and the possibility of us being weaker if the rumours of players impending departures are to believed.There again most of these so called rumours seem to be eminating over on P&B so wouldnt take to much notice of them.Hopefully the club will call this off this afternoon so as to give fans the chance to make alternative arrangements if tonights weather forecast is anything to go by.For me it looks like another date with Jeff Stelling & co tommorow with a few beers but there again ive been getting used to that by now.Summer football anybody?.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:00 pm

A pitch inspection at 4pm today.

That'll be us going through the proper procedure to get it officially postponed by the match official. No point waiting till tomorrow, even before it snowed the game hadn't a chance with the freezing temperatures.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Common sense at last and no need for any more silly pitch inspections when its so obvious it didnt stand a chance of being on.Probably the one and only time the Refs played a blinder at the Vale.Orco take note and i hope your wee bugs buggered off.LOL T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Confirmation on the twitter feed over on the OCS - game off.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:05 pm

These rearranged games between Morton and Dunfermline are going to be crucial for us, both are rivals for the top 4. Got QoS soon too, the other top 4 rival from the group of 4.

Morton game against Dumbarton is postponed too so they can't catch up with us, hopefully Falkirk can get another draw and take something from their game against QoS but I doubt it, Dobbie scores for fun against Falkirk.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Ooft Falkirk 3-2 QoS, didn't see that one coming, brilliant result for us though. 3 points ahead of QoS & Dunfermline and also a game in hand. cheers

Our games against QoS, Dunfermline and Morton are going to be massive. None of them look particularly great just now either, and hopefully we're over our flu bug blip. Got to beat ICT on Tues first though.

We're 3rd in the league and your no.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Rearranged for 10th February
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Did you see the forecast for next week, minus temps again and maybe even snow too. Shocked
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Hope to feck this game is on, we've finally got a settled front 2 pairing to go along with a regular defence and midfield, the first time this season we can get the same players playing alongside one another to build up a good understanding of how each other play.

This is vital to our home form too, having a continuous flow of home games, we've 3 in a row coming up and a chance to build on our current good form.

I could pretty much guess 9 of our starting 11 here, and the other 2 from our last two games may well start too, or Hoppy could pick a more defensive pair of wingbacks to counter Dunfermline's wingers, personally though, i'd go with the same again, as if Cadden and Rafa are pressing, their wingers will be pushed back too.

I've a renewed sense of unbridled optimism with Hardie in the team and i'm going to let it loose here. 4-0 Livi, fg 8 mins.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Steady on old boy! Shocked
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:15 am

Not looking too good temperature wise until Friday evening, then it's looking to have picked up come Saturday. Hopefully this is on and we can maintain some momentum going into two difficult home fixtures against the top two. A win here would be magic and open up a real gap between ourselves and the Pars, by all accounts we should've beaten them on the opening day and the 3-1 defeat up there saw ourselves shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly in a horrid first half. Would be very tempted to keep the same XI that started against Falkirk, I love Keaghan Jacobs but there was a drive and energy behind the midfield three with Thompson in it that's been lacking for a while. Rest of the side picks itself at the moment for me, Cadden had his best performance in a Livi shirt so would be harsh to drop him for the more conservative Longridge.

2-1, FG 38 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Pars have struggled lately... My worry (as usual) is that they pick us as the team against whom they turn the corner.

Having said that... We are due a good result against them & seem to have regrouped from a couple of indifferent results. So...

Liv 2 Dun 1

Fg 27 mins
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 pm

So the rumour is that Dundee United are struggling to pay wages. These situations can either go one of two ways: a) the players rally round and go on a crazy run, like their neighbours across the road done when they were hit with the 25 point penalty, or; b) they down tools (as they have done to an extent). I don't think we'll ever have a better chance of finishing so high in this division for the foreseeable, I doubt we are catching St Mirren but getting above United into second would make the play-offs slightly less daunting. Games like Saturday's are absolutely must-win now, if they weren't before.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Yep, if we can win this game and put some distance between us and the Pars I think we'll also get above Utd. If we draw or lose though then I have a feeling it'll be a dog fight till the end but I think we'd prob still scrape 3rd place, and maybe even 2nd if Utd keep on a downward spiral.

If any team is capable of putting a run of wins together it is Livi, we did it last season and although this is a tougher league I think the players have proven they've the mental strength to do it again.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am

If this game goes ahead: Livingston 0. Dunfermline 1. FG 42 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 am

Should be no issue with the pitch tomorrow; apart from a wee bit of rain in the morning its up to seven degrees.

I think we'll be strong enough to overpower Dunfermline but my main concern is the last quarter of an hour were we seem to be going to sleep for the last few matches.

3 -1 to Livi with first goal on 19 minutes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am

Unreal that we've a chance to move up to 2nd place here, mon Livi you can do it. bounce
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 pm

1-1, FG 23 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Wee bit chilly outside just now,Just hope that it doesnt present us with any pitch issues tommorow morning as the temperature looks set to rise to 7 degrees by lunchtime.I really hope this goes ahead if only for the fact i feel this Pars team will be coming up against a loins side who have improved drasticly since that defeat at EEP last year.Wont be easy but if the right Livi turn up and being at home i feel we are capable at the moment to send them and big Leashman back over the Queensferry Crossing with their tails between their legs.Cmon LIVI keep the momentum going and do them in!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Wee bit chilly sitting watching that today. We were disappointing, especially as an "attacking" force. It looked like Hoppy set us up not to lose rather than try to win but I didn't expect that from the line up.

After the red card I was happy with the point but if we had attacked on the ground rather than playing into the hands of the big number 4, we'd have caused them more problems.

0-0 was probably the right result over the piece.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Yep, expected better after seeing how well we played last week, Dunfermline are a better team than Falkirk but we reverted back to long balls up the pitch, and it became obvious Mvoto was going to mop them up all game so why didn't we stop playing them.

We prob shaded the first half but 2nd half we didn't look like getting near to even have a shot on goal and Dunfermline were the better team, wave after wave came at us but we held out and defended well, which was worth getting the draw. Better result for us than them I think, if anyone was going to win it was Dunfermline so i'm happy to get the point and go 2nd in the league.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 am

In the end I'd say we were happier with the point than Dunfermline who must have thought they'd get all three when we went down to 10 men.

The first half was pretty even but Dunfermline came out fighting in the second albeit without really putting Alexander under any pressure. After the sending off I thought we held out well frustrating the all out Pars attacking.

The refereeing was abysmal (again). I'm convinced the Dunfermline players are coached in the art of diving and Aitken was fooled 90% of the time. If Thompson got a red then a couple of theirs should have too. The footage of the incident might be interesting given the comments Hopkins is alleged to have made.

Aitken has form with us though. In the League cup clash with Falkirk earlier in the season he sent Declan off in the closing minutes when a yellow might have sufficed.

Three difficult games coming up now that might define our season. More than 4 points from them would be an achievement. You never know though. Wink
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 am

Yeh would agree that ours was the happier dressing room after that Orco.A frustrating game to watch that was spoiled once again by the ineptitude of the officials.Will reserve judgement on the sending off until ive seen a replay of it but not surprised that Livt are appealing it as the boy Ryan seemed to make a meal of it.Kind of ended the game as a contest but understand why Hoppy took our strikers off and plaudits to our defence for holding out for a valueable point which they deserved in the end.All in all a good point gained and hopefully we can put another grinding performance next week against the league leaders.I think we are going to have to.Well done to davy and the boys cheers cheers cheers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am