The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Durnford
Auld Nick
Troy
Liviforever
8 posters

Livi v Dunfermline

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Dunfermline - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Dunfermline

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Not sure what you think you see in that photo D. From what I can see M'voto's arm is straight & his hand is on Dec's shoulder

Also, I saw the ParsTV footage of the game today & the red card tackle looks nasty. Ryan makes a complete meal of it but it was high & reckless.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm

I think Ryan's reaction was why the ref was so quick to pull out the red. If he had been carried off or needed lengthy treatment then fair enough but after writhing on the ground he sat chatting to the physio then ran up the pitch.
    Beadling got away with a yellow in the first half for a worse one imo. Livi seem to suffer for refereeing inconsistency every week.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am

If I hadn't seen the video I would agree with you but I have, it's from a different angle to my normal view & would be similar to the ref's view of the incident. I agree that the ref pulled out the red too quickly (he should have given himself time to think about it) but unfortunately I think he got it right.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:If I hadn't seen the video I would agree with you but I have, it's from a different angle to my normal view & would be similar to the ref's view of the incident. I agree that the ref pulled out the red too quickly (he should have given himself time to think about it) but unfortunately I think he got it right.

I assume you are referring to the one on DAFC site. I am sort of two minds about it; trying to suppress my Livi specs for a moment, Thompson's leg isn't straight as he goes in and its not entirely clear how much contact is made but I also feel that he had the chance to pull his leg back further and simply clatter Ryan (both were already committed so that was at least unavoidable but I do think Thompson had a moment in which to pull back a bit).

There is an assertion that the feed provided by Roger that Production shows the tackle in a lest blood and thunder manner and therefore, not having seen it yet, I can hope that this shows that the actual contact wasn't as bad as seemed from the DAFC highlights. I note these are late being put up so assume they are currently being reviewed in light of an appeal.

All this aside I'm not sure that this changed anything about the outcome; neither side looked like scoring before and, even with their numerical advantage, Dunfermline weren't likely to do so after (unless they won a penalty). Every corner they won was as comfortably dealt with as I've seen all season.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Not sure what you think you see in that photo D. From what I can see M'voto's arm is straight & his hand is on Dec's shoulder

I think actually his forearm connects with Declan's head which probably accounts for the grimace on Declan's face.

My post was more as a result of P&B posts which claimed that M'Voto didn't have his arm raised etc.

I suppose you can get a multitude of assumptions from a still and unless you know the context (e.g. was M'Voto jumping into Gallagher or where they simply jumping together then its difficult to draw any lasting conclusions. That being said what I've seen of the foot-up challenge by their goalkeeper Robinson against Miller is actually looking worse and worse; particularly with looking at the short provided in the "Football is a pitch" submission on P&B. It does appear he went in with studs up and made contact. If Miller had dropped to the ground like he'd been short and started writhing around there's a good chance the goalkeeper could have received more than a talking to; instead Miller voices his anger and it is the goalkeeper who drops to the ground.

To their credit many DAFC fans are embarrassed by this and have been mouthing off about him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm