The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Morton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Morton - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:15 pm

The Welsh don't count, they're weird.

Orco hip, as in hip replacement? She's in with the old hippies. Suspect lol!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:The Welsh don't count, they're weird.

Here you!! Jist watch it !! geek Very Happy
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

So are the Weegies.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:36 pm

orco wrote:

Here you!! Jist watch it !! geek Very Happy

Think I've worked it out now; your keyboard's broken.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:02 pm

It's wurkin' fine. Cool
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 pm

Forgive me Orco.It was not my intention for you or anyone else to get dragged into a topic that i as part of one of my post,s obviously shook a few feathers.I reserve the right to post in a manner which i feel fit and that most people will understand without having to dig out a dictionary to decipher whats being said.Sincerely hope that puts this to bed though i doubt it.Incidently im originally from Glasgow and proud of it.We are not all as thick and inbred as some folk may ignorantly presume.Some very clever inteligent and inventive people have come from that city although i maybe not be among them.Livingston is my home now and has been for 45 years and im so happy to have supported my club for more than half that time.Any way thank you for listening to my inane drivel and i go in peace.T. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Too many folk to quote, so I'll not bother.

LF - Jimmy Hill regularly used the word soccer. The correct term for the sport we call football is Association  Football. No idea why but no doubt it has something to do with the FA. Soccer is a part contraction of AsSOCiation and for some other inexplicable reason they added CER at the end thus the term Soccer was born. Rugby is of course Rugby Football, so called because it was invented at Rugby School when some eejit picked up the ball & ran with it... Cheating git if you ask me but hey ho. And, yes, the English really know how to destroy their own language. Another pet hate of mine is wiv for with & fanks for thanks etc also "he should of done it this way" when the "of" ought to be "have". Drives me mental...but life goes on.

Durnford, your example of using just about is hardly comparable to the misuse of it that I was bleating on about. Quite obviously in your example "just about" = "exclusively about" - which clearly makes no sense whatsoever when describing a successful pass, save, tackle, scoring attempt etc etc.

Orco; everyday is a school day & we can either embrace the opportunity to learn or remain ignorant, which is not as blissful as it is often made out to be.

Troy, stop apologising, we all love you really, even if you are from the west.

All of you, I'm just being a pedant for my own amusement... So don't be offended and if you are offended, don't worry as I said, life goes on - for now anyway.

Now... What about this Livi team eh? They are JUST ABOUT guaranteed a play off spot. What a team!

BTW - anyone notice the photo on the front page of the "programme" for last Saturday? Big Al heading the ball...is the programme editor psychic?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Jimmy Hill was an eejit.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Jim Duffy's post match interview.

I like Duffy, always gives an honest and fair interview, also always praises the opposition on their qualities too, even when his team lose.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 am

Troy wrote:Forgive me Orco.It was not my intention for you or anyone else to get dragged into a topic that i as part of one of my post,s obviously shook a few feathers.I reserve the right to post in a manner which i feel fit and that most people will understand without having to dig out a dictionary to decipher whats being said.Sincerely hope that puts this to bed though i doubt it.Incidently im originally from Glasgow and proud of it.We are not all as thick and inbred as some folk may ignorantly presume.Some very clever inteligent and inventive people have come from that city although i maybe not be among them.Livingston is my home now and has been for 45 years and im so happy to have supported my club for more than half that time.Any way thank you for listening to my inane drivel and i go in peace.T. lol!

Troy - please dont take anything too seriously - you're engaged in a conversation with a bunch of sexagenarians (sixty years old - not mad on sex - well other than Orco).

I think most of us have learned that life is too short to take much seriously.

That being said I still think Bertie is a grumpy old git :afraid: (don't mention Canada)

And for the record I moved back to Scotland thirty years ago from Pen-y-coedcae so in Liviforever's assessment I am weird.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am

Durnford wrote:

(sixty years old - not mad on sex - well other than Orco).

Whit!!?? What a Face Rolling Eyes
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 am

orco wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

(sixty years old - not mad on sex - well other than Orco).

Whit!!?? What a Face Rolling Eyes

[CREEP MODE = ON]

Well of course I wasn't assuming you were sixty yet - you look far too young.

[CREEP MODE OFF]
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am

Silver tongued devil! tongue
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks Durnford youve cheered me up no end.Your right in that i do tend to take myself a tad seriously at times but there again who doesnt.Im not quite a sexagenarian yet but i recall someone once told me that the best tunes are played on an old fiddle so hope for us all there and something for me to look forward to.In the meantime il use Orcos words of wisdom and try to stick to the Fitba. lol! study
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Big Al gets into the SPFL team of the week for his brilliant performance against Morton, well done that man. cheers

Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 pm

And O'ware scores an own goal to equalise for Dunbarton - oh my aching sides....
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Troy wrote:Forgive me Orco.It was not my intention for you or anyone else to get dragged into a topic that i as part of one of my post,s obviously shook a few feathers.I reserve the right to post in a manner which i feel fit and that most people will understand without having to dig out a dictionary to decipher whats being said.Sincerely hope that puts this to bed though i doubt it.Incidently im originally from Glasgow and proud of it.We are not all as thick and inbred as some folk may ignorantly presume.Some very clever inteligent and inventive people have come from that city although i maybe not be among them.Livingston is my home now and has been for 45 years and im so happy to have supported my club for more than half that time.Any way thank you for listening to my inane drivel and i go in peace.T. lol!

Troy - please dont take anything too seriously - you're engaged in a conversation with a bunch of sexagenarians (sixty years old - not mad on sex - well other than Orco).

I think most of us have learned that life is too short to take much seriously.

That being said I still think Bertie is a grumpy old git :afraid: (don't mention Canada)

And for the record I moved back to Scotland thirty years ago from Pen-y-coedcae so in Liviforever's assessment I am weird.

I'm no' 60 for a few years yet ya cheeky auld age pensioner! jocolor

And there you go mentioning the country that should not be named again, ye Can(n)a da(e) that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm