The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Troy
cptn_hooch
Durnford
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
10 posters

Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Semi Finals (Play Offs) - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi Finals (Play Offs)

Post by Liviforever Tue May 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Aye some effort by Byrne chasing down the ball till he got a foot on it, and Pittman getting up support him then run through with the ball to score. We could easily have settled for the draw but we pushed on through and got the winner, some group of players this season. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Highlights from RogerThatProductions: https://vimeo.com/268597810

Superb, going to watch them again a few times more later.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Despite someone claiming on P&B that Byrne rolled around on the floor after being pushed by Willow the Fud I think that pretty much shows that he didn't.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 pm

It was Flood that injured Hardie in the last league game so maybe our boys had some payback getting a few good tackles into him and roughing him up. It's usually flood running about cutting players down too so pretty funny that he couldn't take some of it back and lost the plot at the end.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 09, 2018 5:41 am

John McKendrick is the

fourth official for this game, sheesh, at least he isn't the ref. Don Robertson gets that honour, his name doesn't ring a bell either. Yer man Walsh wasn't great missing a pen for us but at least he didn't send Robinson off for his foul on Flood, and he's kept up his run of us winning when he's been in charge. Hopefully this fella is fine too and nothing controversial happens that goes against us getting a win.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 09, 2018 9:42 am

Liviforever wrote:John McKendrick is the fourth official for this game, sheesh, at least he isn't the ref. Don Robertson gets that honour, his name doesn't ring a bell either. Yer man Walsh wasn't great missing a pen for us but at least he didn't send Robinson off for his foul on Flood, and he's kept up his run of us winning when he's been in charge. Hopefully this fella is fine too and nothing controversial happens that goes against us getting a win.

Nothing recent for Don Robertson as far as I can see:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/livingston-2-0-dumbarton/

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/falkirk-2-0-livingston/

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/livingston-0-1-st-mirren/
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Miller scoring both goals for Falkirk, mon Lee Miller, see if you can do that on Fri. cheers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Liviforever wrote:Miller scoring both goals for Falkirk, mon Lee Miller, see if you can do that on Fri. cheers

Falkirk aren't playing on Friday
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Miller is.

Semi Finals (Play Offs) - Page 4 Miller-time
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Monday night was amazing. Thought we were well on the back foot for a good hour or so but we rallied superbly when United's legs began to go. Byrne's persistence and determination in the 80th minute, harrying Murdoch to release Pittman sums up this team and season so well. The scenes for all three goals were otherworldly. Watching the game back on BT Sport was also a very surreal experience!

I hope we finish the job off on Friday, the players deserve a crack at the final for the effort they've put in so far this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Csabe Laszlo saying Utd will have to play dirty to beat us on Friday, deary me. Hopefully the ref sends one of their player off early doors to sort that tactic out, the fud. Laughing

Mohsni is a doubt too after limping off with an injury on Monday, that's another big blow to them, he got turned inside out by Mullin and Pittman for our two goals but he was winning most tussles with Miller and it will hopefully give Miller more joy on Friday if he doesn't make it.

Flood isn't up to much but his energy and aggression will be a miss for them, just running around kicking anything that comes near him forces us to play the ball quicker, and that's exactly what Laszlo wants them to be doing, shame my precious will be sitting this one out.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Up on YouTube now too, slightly different highlights to watch, and can never get enough of watching us winning this game. Laughing

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu May 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Liviforever wrote:Up on YouTube now too, slightly different highlights to watch, and can never get enough of watching us winning this game. Laughing

Love seeing how BSLM effortlessly shoves Flood away when he's acting the hard man Laughing

When Rafa De Vita fires home the winner tomorrow night:

Semi Finals (Play Offs) - Page 4 MzBi5BA

Last edited by LiviLion on Thu May 10, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Looks like the BT footage to me

They really are quality goals from both sides, even if they were as a result of defensive errors and a deflection. The scoring sides still had to work to get the ball in the net.

Yeah, it is definitely among my favourite Livi games. Hopefully tomorrow night joins it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Been buzzin all week for this to come around ,even my non Livi workmates are coming around gradually so much so that two of them are coming down for this.Monday seems so long ago but yes it was a fantastic effort from the lads to give us a great chance to progress here.United will surely be fired up for this but so again should we be and hopefully score first to put this tie to bed.I had my doubts pre match on Monday which were blown out of the water,However this time we are at home and with hopefully a sizeable crowd to roar the Lions over the line i feel it is now our time to make dreams come true.Get them up for it Davie and do it Livi bounce bounce bounce
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 am

Seen a lot of talk about the potential line-up and without sounding too cautious, we have to remember that we're short on options going forward with Hardie injured. As much as we are a threat from a set-piece, we're limited in numbers for natural attacking players. If we're needing a goal (and I think we'll need to score going by my prediction) then we can't put our eggs all in one basket. We've also got a lead going into this so I think a solid midfield is needed.

Replace Robinson with Jacobs and that would be my starting eleven.

Hate to say it though, but I've got this dreadful feeling that Dundee United are going to show up:

Livingston 0. Dundee United 2. FG 17 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 am

Robinson is one of our top goal scorers though, and Rafa hasn't scored a goal at home yet. With Lewis in goal I don't think we need to worry about not scoring though.

My only concern is at the back, it was too easy for them coming in from the left and right wings, they just knocked a ball down into acres of space for King and Ralston. It's a tough one though, McMillan would sort that problem out down our right side but Mullin is a greater goal threat for us.
    And Jacko would need to be told to stay back more to protect our left side too, both of their goals came from Mullin being caught up the pitch when they broke on us and Jacko being central and not out on the wing. Quite like Rafa as a wingback but with Hardie out Rafa is our best option for a striker.

However i'm more confident of us winning at home than I was of winning away so I think we'll comfortably see this game out and score 2 or 3 goals, and if Mohsni is out I can see us scoring from a throw in. Laszlo is saying they have no injuries and McDonald has a virus, I think he's at it and Mohsni will still have a groin strain and McDonald will start. However if Mohsni does start I doubt he'll last the whole game, these type of injuries don't just clear up and would need longer than 4 days for him to recover, first stretch and he'd tweek it and be gone again.

3-1 Livi, fg 8 mins.

Hopefully another early goal for us with Utd pushing up the pitch to get back in the game and us catching them out with a long ball up to Robinson, or Pittman the Hittman just unleashing a 30 yard thunderfeck right into the top corner.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 am

Looking forward to it but in typical Bertie fashion I have the fear....

Liv 1 DU 2 at 90 mins

I think it could be a long night going all the way to pens
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 11, 2018 8:41 am

BTW Laszlo coming out and saying they'll need to play dirty to beat us shows how much Hoppy has got in his head, he has no clue on how to play us and they'll just get sucked into however we want them to play, and there is no danger they'll beat us trying to match us on how we play.

Hoppy is currently doing a voodoo ritual with a Laszlo figurine, holding it over a flame, he'll come out to the dugout tonight a complete puddle of sweat.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Looking forward to it but in typical Bertie fashion I have the fear....

Liv 1 DU 2 at 90 mins

I think it could be a long night going all the way to pens

If it did go to ET I think Utd would collapse long before it got to pens, they struggled against us over 90 mins on monday and you could see their legs had gone.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 am

Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

Thought United where quite physical in their first game against us actually; it was a real surprise when referee John Beaton only booked three of out players although one was for dissent and one other for time wasting (at 2-nil up).

As an aside I notice one of the linesman is called Willie Conquer....

The other linesman is John McKendrick who has been the referee in five of our recent games; we've won them all with the exception of the 1-1 draw with St Mirren
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 am

Liviforever wrote:Here Hoppy, just pin this up on the dressing room wall for our players to read: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/were-better-than-livi-dundee-united-forward-determined-to-make-things-right-in-play-off/

Complete minter the whole way through that.

"We are a better team than them and showed that on Monday night" - He has a point here. That, erm, 3-2 victory we got really taught us a lesson.

"When we came in at half-time, we had played well, created a lot of chances and I think we could have been even more in front with more goals." - Well aye, generally when you score more goals you would be more in front. I wonder why footballers don't have a reputation for being smart?

"[After the break] They seemed tired" - I don't think that happened at all tbh, maybe in the first half we were a bit rusty but the second half we were much better.

"If we play like we did for most of Monday’s game I think we can beat them." - If we play like we did for the last 15 minutes (or the second half in general) I think we'll win about 10-0.

"Willo will be a big loss. He is our captain and a good player but we have a lot of good players in the midfield area so we do not have to worry about that." - Willo being the captain is probably the only truth in those 2 sentences.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Aye Josh looked dead on his feet as he ran through and out muscled two Utd players running between them before stroking it past Lewis. And Byrne was absolutely knackered as he chased the ball back and forth between 3 Utd players before winning it off Murdoch and stabbing it on to Scotty P, and Scott had to drag himself on and muster all his strength to run 30 yards and take the piss out of Mohsni and Lewis before scoring our winner. We're such jammy bassas really, so lucky Utd GAVE us those 2 goals.

Really hope they give us some more goals tonight because there is no way we'll score any without them giving us them, they're so much better than us we'll be lucky to come away with a draw here. I have no idea how we managed to beat them at home twice already and how we finished above them in the league with 2 games to spare. Doubt all the other teams just gave us goals too and we got lucky all season. Hope our luck keeps up. cheers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote="LiviLion"]
    Liviforever wrote:"Willo will be a big loss. He is our captain and a good player but we have a lot of good players in the midfield area so we do not have to worry about that." - Willo being the captain is probably the only truth in those 2 sentences.

Actually I do think the part that they can replace him is also correct - hell; the fat steward who ran after the Livi supporter for running on the pitch could probably do a better job.

As for us being tired; it wasn't the Livi defence that kept being overtaken by the referee despite him probably doing considerably more running than them over the course of the game.

I am worried about tonight but more because we usually seem to flourish when treated as underdogs. Going in to this match almost as favourites make me feel a little uneasy. That being said our boys will still be relatively fresh.

Its a strange quirk that Thomas Mikkelsen is on loan from Ross County and there's every possibility that's the team that the winner of tonight's game will face in the final. if he really felt we were the poorer side wouldn't it make sense for Dundee United to lose against us so that his parent club face us (the poorer side according to Mikkelsen) in the final?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am