The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
LiviCub
Afro
forzalfc
Durnford
LiviLion
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
EdinburghLivi
12 posters

Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi Empty Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Dunfermline
    Elgin
    Livi
    Peterhead
    Queen's Park
    Rangers
    Stenhousemuir
    St. Mirren

All the teams in the draw for the quarter finals. Rangers for da monies or another diddy at home, please.

Draw at 2:30 at http://petrofactrainingcup.com/news/live-petrofac-training-cup-quarter-final-draw-1

Last edited by EdinburghLivi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Big money draw for us, Sevco away.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi Empty Re: Petrofac Training Cup Quarter Finals - Rangers vs. Livi

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Much needed even though we'll likely relinquish our title. That said, it sounds like retaining it means something to the players hence the improved performance on Tuesday so I suppose you never know.

Is there a possibility of TV money on top of the gate receipts?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:45 pm

The tv money is prob tied in with the deal that it gets shared out to all the clubs in the SPFL, unless BT sport pick it up cause Sevco are in it.

Our players will be right up for this game so not writing them off, hopefully we'll be hitting the back of the net more freely by then and everyone playing well together. If we get past Sevco then nobody else to fear really and it would be up for grabs to who wants it the most............................US.

Mon the Lions lets do it. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:03 pm

St Mirren v Dunfermline is another tough draw, would love it if both Livi and Dunfermline won their matches and met in the final.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Wouldn't really be massively interested in going to Rangers if it were a league game, but I think Livi fans should make the effort to go to this. I don't think a win is out of the question at all, we seem to have this competition sussed, we are the holders afterall.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Wouldn't really be massively interested in going to Rangers if it were a league game, but I think Livi fans should make the effort to go to this. I don't think a win is out of the question at all, we seem to have this competition sussed, we are the holders afterall.

Totally agree, wont be going to any league games at Ibrox but will be going to this game. Funny how my attitude to this cup comp has changed since we wont it last season, was a fantastic day out and really enjoyed it.

Will prob book a seat on the supporters bus too so I can have a few beers before heading through, usually just take a car through, either driving or a mate driving. Prob safer going by the bus too for a quick get away from the angry Sevco fans when they lose. Very Happy
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Agreed LF. Petrofac promote the tournament brilliantly, and put on a great final last season. They really take the fans into account. Makes me laugh when fans of other teams slag the tournament off. As if they're gonna win anything else, silverware is great and any cup is fantastic if you support a team like Livingston. I'd imagine if we take a bigger support the players will be more up for it. No reason why we can't win this competition again, going into this game looking for a win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Nice to see we're worrying them enough for folk to say they wont fear us. Laughing

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/08/21/rangers-wont-fear-livingston-believes-gers-legend/230921/

Rangers legend Ally Dawson feels that Gers could not have drawn more difficult opponents than Livingston in their quarter-final fixture of the Scottish Challenge Cup.

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Game moved to the Friday night to be shown on Alba.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:03 pm

LiviLion wrote:Game moved to the Friday night to be shown on Alba.

This will easily halve the gate, or even worst, and we'll get next to nothing from the TV revenue.

I had hoped they'd be a crowd of maybe 20k there but for a televised Friday night? Not likely.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Someone on P&B saying Sevco are calling the game off.

Rangers have called off the Petrofac Cup against Livi on Friday 9th October at Ibrox due to Under 21 international commitments.
    One of them being an English U21 loan player......!!!!!

Not seen it officially announced anywhere yet. Ridiculous if they are doing it though, should just award the tie to us and fine the aunts for not playing.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Officially announced now. Moved to 20th Oct. On the plus side means I don't have to watch the game in a pub in Belfast...
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Pretty pleased with this as I didn't fancy having to watch this in a pub in Faro, no doubt surrounded by a plethora of bluenosed arseholes.

Also pleasing that Rangers basically admit they're a one-man team. Absolute diddies.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Aye they're bricking it without Oduwa. They've used Frasier Aird as the 3rd international player they needed to call this off, the guy has only had 36 mins from 3 sub appearances this season.

Hope we hump them and they also lose their next league game because they played 3 games in the space of a week.

This will also have an adverse affect on the att changing it to a midweek fixture, so we'll get less money.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Not really sure why they've postponed it, would still fancy them to ease past us without those players, just gives them an extra midweek game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 pm

LiviLion wrote:Not really sure why they've postponed it, would still fancy them to ease past us without those players, just gives them an extra midweek game.

Cause they're arseholes.

*Look at us we're a big time club that has international players* (on loan), diddies.

If we don't shit it from them and go 2 up front and get stuck in about them then we'll have a chance, they aint nothing special as St Johnstone proved, Championship teams are all just keech bags playing them and are beaten before a ball has been kicked.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

This is an absolute load of fuck. Two U-21 players and a Canadian international says it all of how much of a laughing stock this mob are. Can't make it now because I'm going to a gig on the night at the Barras so I'll be dancing with the Gimp Brigade when Sheerin bags a hatty and gets his knob out in front of Warburton.

Do me proud, boys.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Well they had better have all 3 on the team sheet or I'll be more ragin' than I am now! Mad
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:38 am

Liviforever wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Not really sure why they've postponed it, would still fancy them to ease past us without those players, just gives them an extra midweek game.

Cause they're arseholes.

*Look at us we're a big time club that has international players* (on loan), diddies.

If we don't shit it from them and go 2 up front and get stuck in about them then we'll have a chance, they aint nothing special as St Johnstone proved, Championship teams are all just keech bags playing them and are beaten before a ball has been kicked.
    totally agree LF, let's have a go.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Rangers are a bunch of shite bags. c**** the lot of them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 pm

May as well make a prediction for this, can't see past a deadco win.

2-0 them, fg 8 mins.

Would be great if we played White & Sheerin up front for this with Buchanan in midfield, nothing much to lose as we aren't expected to win and no point setting out to keep the score down, 1-0/5-0 we're still knocked out, may as well have a go. If it works then we should play all 3 in league games too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Huns 5 v Livi 0, fg 4 mins
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:22 pm

5-0 them, apathy levels to continue to rise without the Petrofac defence.

FG 10 mins.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:31 am

"We are playing better than our points tally would indicate and were unfortunate to lose to St Mirren on Saturday. If we play to the same standard then I will be pleased."

I'm not buying any of this. This is a guy who gives the captaincy of a Championship football club to Darren Cole, plays one of the best centre-halves in the division as a full-back and dropped our performer of the season out of the blue for a few games. Once Hippolyte is back from his ban or whatever, Gibbons will be out the team again. All of these games we're losing aren't hard luck stories, it's tried and failed tactics, baffling team selections and an extreme lack of discipline and professional attitude. How many fans will we take tomorrow? For a game that's live on telly, Champions League on, mid-week to watch a team that doesn't seem to give a toss against a team crushing everything in their way. We'll take 40 maybe, and anyone going is mental.

I think this is a game Jordan White needs to play in, but I can't see a way we'll possibly get a result. I'm not one for all this 'Give a good account of ourselves' and 'keep the score down' nonsense our players, management and twitter happy-clapper fannies were spouting when we last played the Huns. Probably cause I'm not a loser.

3-0 to Rangers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am