The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Livi2020
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v Dundee Utd

Livi2020

Livi v Dundee Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Livi2020 Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:45 pm

I think this is the time when I say I told you so 😉😉 😋
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Superb opener, very good second but the best bit of play was the quick interchange in the centre of the park followed by the measured pass out to Serrano on the left & his cross... needed a striker in the box who isn’t scared to win a header.

If De Bruyne had played that pass it would be highlighted repeatedly for the rest of the season with pundits waxing lyrically about him being the best midfielder in the world.

Excellent win, pity that Saints & Accies also picked up points, bottom half is very tight now thanks to the beaks giving Accies two free wins
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Ive said before,we cant rely on others to do us favours,weve got to do it ourselves. Terrific second half from the Lions who controlled and saw out the game.For me Serrano,Forrest and Sibbald were magnificent and a special shout out to lone striker Proplatnik who put in a helluva shift.Two big wins on the trot and more important two clean sheats. Never doubted it he says with a wry smile 😂😂😂.Well done the Lions.🦁. Oh and if he genuinely wants it give Davie the Job.Would make good sense at this time.👍

Livi2020 likes this post

Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:26 pm

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😂😂😂
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Great result, excellent performance and another clean sheet👏🏻👏🏻
    As Troy said some excellent individual performance but have to take my hat off to Poplatnik, he worked his socks off, another excellent performance and another assist. For a lad who is 5’9 he is brilliant in the air.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Weve got some tough games ahead.But weve givin ourselves a wee bit of momentum. The players ultimatly have to believe we can do this.Its always the hard way with Livi.But thats the norm. Today wont have done us any harm.That was decent Utd team we beat today,make no bones about it..Our survival in this League will depend on results like this going our way.Still a long way to go.👍
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Pops has delightful flicks & terrific hang time, just need him in the box to head some of those crosses in.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Agree Bertie but I felt that today he was really isolated up top so kept dropping deep to get the ball and be involved.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Woohoo a league win. cheers

Carried on from the Betfred game and worked our socks off pressing them and keeping it going all game. Bit scrappy first half with us failing to control the ball when we took it down and Utd picking up loose balls in our half, but defended well. Utd pressed us high too though and didn't allow us to bring it out from the back, which mostly made us byepass our midfield. Which is a pity because they set up mob handed in defence and lumped balls up to McNulty and Shankland, so we'd have easily dominated the midfield, and it was a stalemate.

2nd half we were much better and were getting at them, with Marv getting a shot on goal, then Pitts putting us ahead. What was even more impressive is we kept it going and got a deserved 2nd, glad it was big Marv too, had a great game, even matched McNulty for pace marshalling him down the wing to force him into giving us a goal kick. Poplatnik was brilliant again too, pressing them and linking up with our attacking mids, wins a lot of headers too for a wee guy, and doesn't get bullied by big CB's.

More of the same again next week and we'll soon be moving up the league to safety.

Acrually think it'll be County going down this season, St Mirren and Accies are getting points but they've been in free fall, about time we finally got above them. Now lets stay above the bottom 3 and push on for a top 6 spot. bounce
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 pm

We really needed that win. An even first half but we took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half and made United look ordinary.
    One thing that annoyed me though was the 5 yellow cards dished out in what was anything but a dirty game. I'm tempted to say that United are skilled in making every tackle look bad. Oops there Ive said it. My bad! Marv and Guthrie are only one booking from a ban. Sad
    The referee next week is John Beaton. What is it with these appointments? That's the 4th time we've had him this season. None of them are great but Beaton is just an arrogant prick.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:12 am

orco wrote:We really needed that win. An even first half but we took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half and made United look ordinary.
    One thing that annoyed me though was the 5 yellow cards dished out in what was anything but a dirty game. I'm tempted to say that United are skilled in making every tackle look bad. Oops there Ive said it. My bad! Marv and Guthrie are only one booking from a ban. Sad
    The referee next week is John Beaton. What is it with these appointments? That's the 4th time we've had him this season. None of them are great but Beaton is just an arrogant prick.

And they were both booked in the last game Beaton officiated. We're covered for Marv though with Holt's suspensions up, and Lawson can also play in there, Guthrie will be a bigger miss, as he's played in all the league games, would hope for Efe coming in but it would prob be Brown, and he's not been great this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 pm