The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi Players On Loan Watch

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi Players On Loan Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi Players On Loan Watch

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Livi2020 wrote:I see Poplatnik scored again for Raith today.. 3 in 2 now.

Came on in the 58th min, scored in the 62nd, great substitution.

Seems to have settled in there now, and is showing good goal scoring form, which shows his loan deal has been a good decision. As long as we weigh up his form come January and consider recalling him too, and haven't just put him out to Raith on loan to reduce his wage till his contract expires.

Always thought Poplatnik showed promise if given a proper chance, hopefully he'll keep this form up till Jan and Martindale will have another form player to bring back to Livi and help us stay up.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:13 pm

He was never really given a run of games by Davie which is a shame, and to be fair the way Raith play suits him more. I know John McG rates him really highly and is hoping that Davie doesn’t recall him back - but I would love to have him back and for him to be given a fair chance.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:54 am

If our loaned out lads are doing the business at their loan clubs & we are struggling then it would surely make sense to recall them as at least then we’d be trying all the options to get ourselves better off
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:42 pm

I think Poplatnik and Nouble up front together could really work for us, I think they would really compliment each other, but I am sure Davie won’t do that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Either one would be ideal if we had a goal scoring striker, unfortunately we don't. So you could be onto something there about playing them together.

I think both are good at bringing in other players, Poplatnik wins a decent amount of headers too for a wee guy, plays similar to Robbo.

I think both would score quite a few goals for us though, even though they aren't out and out strikers, and would prob bring other players in too, for them to score as well. Even if one was on the bench it would be a good substitute to have in the 2nd half. Right now you're looking at our bench to see who could make a difference, and there isn't much there.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:If our loaned out lads are doing the business at their loan clubs & we are struggling then it would surely make sense to recall them as at least then we’d be trying all the options to get ourselves better off

The Poplatnik loan looks good business if we recall him on this form, he def wouldn't be getting the game time here to get himself this good.

The Nouble loan deal was meant to be for the same reason as Poplatnik, to get him a lot of game time, getting him up to speed, unfortunately for us, it looks a bad decision now because Nouble was shit hot from game one.

Don't know how Josh is doing at Accies, would be great if he was hitting some form too and we got all three back in Jan, what a boost that would be to the team, like three new signings.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:00 pm

Even if he does come back in January I don’t think Davie would get best out of him unfortunately.

I follow allot of football in former Jugoslavia and I have know about Poplatnik for about 10 years now - I must admit I was surprised when we signed him but only because of the way that we set up and play.

We signed a real goal scorer and what we do - we put him up top ON HIS OWN to lead the line 🤦‍�🤦‍� Now if Davie and the team done their job they would’ve known that when Matej played for NK Triglav in Slovenia where he was scoring goals for fun he played as a part of 3 up front - sometimes 2 BUT NEVER on his own.
    He was always the one getting on the end of flick-ons, through balls, running at people. When he played part of 3 up top he always played on the left or right but never through the middle.

So unless Davie alters our style of play which I am sure he will never do then we will have a real goal scorer being wasted in a wrong position or sitting on the bench.

Play him with a big man and watch him fly.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:26 pm

But he has changed the way we play… we are no longer in the faces of the opposition, no longer winning second balls, no longer playing to our strengths. Now it could be argued that the players we now have are no longer suited to that style but unfortunately they aren’t producing playing to the current style.

Livi2020 likes this post

Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 am

Completely agree Bertie, if he doesn’t have the players to play our way and what was successful for us then change the style to suit the players that you do have and to play to their strengths - and who knows it might just work.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Don't know why we've changed our 'style of playing', but bringing in some form of fairness, the amount of injuries and illness in the squad this season, he hasn't really had the chance to play our strongest XI for how he wants us to play, and often last minute changes have disrupted the preparations (Williamson's blood test call off, and a couple of players injured during warm ups, off the top of my head).

We've had a lot of games where we've seen a makeshift team thrown together just to get us through the fixture, and even seen players throwing up, passing out, or not being able to continue during a game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Yeh,our woes both on and off the field have been well documented so far this season.For me the reliability of this squad to turn things around as in previous seasons ,albeit early doors doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Bad luck has followed us since that cup final.God knows when we are going to see our strongest 11 with one thing or another.Possibly with players coming back to full fitness and our loan players might just give us the kick up the arse required to turn this around.One can but hope.🤞🦁👍.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Valid points Livi and Troy but what ever it is something has to change soon - otherwise I am afraid it might be too little too late ☹🤦‍�
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Actually think we'd have a decent team next season once everything settled down, and players have bedded in properly, one that could challenge for a top 6 place again. However we'll need to survive this season first, and stay up, otherwise there'll be a lot of relegation contract clauses being triggered, and wages would be coming down from over a million to something around 250 K. And a rebuild would have to take place again.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Mullin isn’t achieving much at Accies, booked tonight as they lost 6-1 at home to Partick

I see former target Nathan Austin bagged another brace as Kelty continue to set the pace in the bottom division
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:54 am

Mullin looks to me like he's lost his enthusiasm for the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Arbroath and Nouble having an off day yesterday, losing 2-1 to Raith, Poplatnik coming on as a late sub for Raith.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:33 am

Arbroath with a cracking away win against ICT last night, taking them back into the top 4, big Nouble still not back to his best, after having been out a couple of weeks injured, but they still got the win.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:54 pm

Liviforever wrote:Arbroath with a cracking away win against ICT last night, taking them back into the top 4, big Nouble still not back to his best, after having been out a couple of weeks injured, but they still got the win.

My worry is that we're pinning hopes on Nouble coming back and being a goal machine. Big difference between the Championship and Premiership. Would love it if he proved I was worrying for nothing🤞
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:02 pm

ol1vercloff wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Arbroath with a cracking away win against ICT last night, taking them back into the top 4, big Nouble still not back to his best, after having been out a couple of weeks injured, but they still got the win.

My worry is that we're pinning hopes on Nouble coming back and being a goal machine. Big difference between the Championship and Premiership. Would love it if he proved I was worrying for nothing🤞

Don't think he's got as good a shot as JET had, but brings a lot more to the team that that, pace, trickery, physicality, and chips in with some goals. He'll be a good target man, even if it's in the mid 3 or out wide.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:36 pm

He looks like a more potent option than Hammy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:59 pm

Hammy getting a hattrick yesterday for Arbroath, albeit in the cup against Darvel.

Poplatnik with a goal and an assist against Banks O'Dee.

And Kabia getting off to a great start at Falkirk, coming on at HT and scoring both their goals to beat East Fife 2-0.

Hammy is a strange one, 4 in two games and one chopped off in a dubious offside call in his debut, he's shown to be a prolific goal scorer but just isn't fitting in with how Martindale plays him, perhaps he should look into that. Still think Nouble would be a good partnership with Hammy, Nouble getting the ball up the pitch and Hammy doing the goal scoring.

Poplatnik is prob done at Livi and wont be back, decent enough player that is similar to Robbo, but guess he just didn't work out with us.

Jaze looks a talented player, plenty of pace and a right nuisance, hopefully he scores plenty for Falkirk and comes back next season full of confidence to show us what he can do.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:45 am

Yeah; it’s the lone striker fixation. Some guys aren’t suited to it so rather than adapt he punts them out on loan where they get the service or provide the service… never a thought to “Hmm, perhaps they could play together.”

Even Kenny Miller disliked the lone striker role.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yeah; it’s the lone striker fixation. Some guys aren’t suited to it so rather than adapt he punts them out on loan where they get the service or provide the service… never a thought to “Hmm, perhaps they could play together.”

Even Kenny Miller disliked the lone striker role.

Aye the lone striker becomes the loan striker. I'll get my coat. lol!

Auld Nick likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Great result for Arbroath tonight, beating Killie 1-0, and Hammy scoring the goal. Livi are having a major hand in Arbroath's Championship winning season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:38 am

Bit of a harsh red card for them though… probably SFA trying to hinder them to prevent a part-time minnow club from making the rest of the division look like haddies - Red Lichties are certainly smoking those haddies at the minute. (Maybe I should get my coat as well).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 am