The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ross County v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Ross County v Livi Empty Ross County v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:52 am

We should be buoyant after our terrific win against St Johnstone, and full of confidence going into this game, but i don't think this will be easy. Ignoring league positions, County have had some good results, drawing with St Johnstone, Aberdeen, and particularly a 2-2 with Hearts, they've goals in them too, with a 3-2 defeat to St Mirren and 4-2 loss against Sevco, and as mentioned, scoring 2 against Hearts. So this will prob need us to score 2 or 3 goals to get a win, or be at our best in defence, with Stryjek on top form again.

A win would be massive, with other games likely to go our way, St Johnston have Celtic away, Hearts v Dundee, Sevco v St Mirren, and Aberdeen v Hibs, we could move up to 8th place.

Hopefully Anderson and Bailey will have their goal scoring boots on again, lets go get those 3 pts, 3-1 Livi. Mon the Lions.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Ross County v Livi Empty Re: Ross County v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:52 pm

Massive game IMO… win this & we open a decent gap over them. I agree it won’t be easy, we need to build on the win in Perth & get a bit of consistency & a bit of a run going to engender some confidence.

Ross will also see it as a massive game, knowing they could be cast adrift if they lose.

Hard to predict this one… before Perth I’d have been delighted with 4 points from these two games. I still think that would be a good return, but there is a definite chance for 6 & that would be outstanding.

I think we might just get a share of the spoils.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:02 am

Agree this is huge for us up there.And yes it won't be easy.But surely we've got to take the good feeling after last Saturday into this.No silly mistakes and play our pressing game and I'm sure we're capable of bringing those oh so valuable points back down the road with us. A point wouldn't be a disaster but I feel weve got to carry on where we left of from last week and be ruthless in front of goal.Also good that the squad is travelling up today.Should be refreshed and ready to go.Cmon Livi,just do this.🦁👊👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:34 pm

Sean Kelly in the starting line up..............GULP.

At least it's as a LB, just don't switch him to CB.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Some turnaround in the game when we scored, looked like we were going to get a right gubbing, County were all over us and we juust couldn't get a foot hold in the game. Have they ran out of steam, putting so much into the game at the start to dominate us, certainly looks like it.

Stryjek with a good pen save, then we score with our first ball on their goal, cracking cross by kelly, and Anderson heading it in. Game changes completely in our favour, and we look like getting a few more. Cracker by Bailey curling the 2nd, him and Anderson looking some combo up front.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Yeh,scored against the run of play.But great resilience to get back into it.Poor pen from White.Got to keep going.This ain't over yet.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Troy wrote:Yeh,scored against the run of play.But great resilience to get back into it.Poor pen from White.Got to keep going.This ain't over yet.

He hit it low to the corner, i don't think it was a poor pen, just a great save by Stryjek.

What a game, disappointed there was no Livi pitch invasion when we scored the winner in injury time, goan yerself Tom Parles. cheers

Wife washed the lucky Livi bawbag boxers, but still brought us luck, will be wearing them on Wed night against Utd now. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Was resigned to setteling for a point,should have known better with these lads.Fantastic goal from Parkes rising like a phoenix pardon the pun to place that bullet header away from their keeper.Said before the game this would be tough and thats the way it turned out.Weve more class than Aberdeen to do embarrassing pitch invasions.Kudos to the guys who made that long trip up there.Know some of them are staying over,what a night theyl have.Were up to 9th after these 2 away victories and heading in the right direction.Hope the lads who came of are OK and ready for midweek against the Arabs.More on that to come.Meanwhile scenes in West Lothian.Well done the Lions,you did it.👏👊👍🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Spent the afternoon watching Stoneyburn beat Bathgate Thistle 3-2. A View From The Terrace cameras were also there doing a feature on Stoneyburn I think, it will apparently be on the show next week. My oldest does the video work for Bathgate (check out their YouTube channel to see his camera & editing skills Very Happy ) he got involved with them a couple of seasons back… referee was shocking, stopped the game to let Stoneyburn make a substitution while the guy coming on wasn’t even wearing his match shirt, a Bathgate player was given a straight red while this was happening, presumably for saying something but even the Stoneyburn fans were perplexed. Bathgate has a goal disallowed at 0-0 for offside but didn’t look offside to me, the guy who netted followed in a team mates shot and finished it after the ball hit the bar, I am positive he was onside when the shot was taken.

Anyway…while that was a somewhat enjoyable afternoon if disappointing result, the result from Dingwall more than made up for it & LF would be running away with the prediction league this season after suggesting we’d need 3 to win this one. Also good to see Anderson & Bailey following up last weeks goals with another couple, with Pittman apparently getting an assist.

Well done lads back to back wins to put some distance between us & bottom place and although Dundee grabbed a late point we have gone 2 points further ahead of them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Love View from the terrace Bertie.Will look out for the afore mentioned game. Was tough going up at Dingwall as I've said.A point apiece would have been fair in my opinion, but to win it the way we did was exceptional. Long way to go but we've givin ourselves an opportunity to further pull away from that end off the table.For the first time this season,I believe we can.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Said when watching the game we were going to get an injury time goal just for the bantz, the way this game had gone it was all set up for us to win like that.

Were being slaughtered for half an hour, and when Max saved the pen i thought i'd take 1-0 at HT just to try and get ourselves organized 2nd half, but we only go and score 2 goals and turn the game on its head.

2nd half a 3rd goal would've killed it, but we were as slack in passing as County and just couldn't build up a decent attack, too many sloppy passes. Then Forrest somehow missed what looked like an easy interception from a cross field pass, and County get right down our flank and into the box for Kelly to clumsily foul their player. Max almost saved that pen too, going the right way but it just went under him.

At 2-2 it was all County again and we were struggling, then Obileye got caught with a poor pass bac from Williamson (i think) and injured himself, and it was looking grim. The big man got back up though and managed to finish the game, or we'd have been down to 10 men, having used up our subs, plus a concussion sub for Omeonga. It was then i said we'll win this, it was just how the game had gone in the first half, and it felt we'd do it again.

Must've been brilliant for the travelling fans, my mate's son had gone up to it and was texting us as we were watching it at my house on the ppv telly, can't whack an injury time winner. cheers

Just hope Fitzwater and Obileye are ok, and at least one of them will be fit to play on Wed night, Parkes has made a great debut in the league though, superb.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Yer bawbags are obviously making a difference L/F.🤣.Mine are still in the box.Big girls blouse that I am,normally wear briefs. Might join you and whack them on.🩳🤣👍.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Fechin Sportscene concentrating on County's deficiencies. But nothing about Livis desire to dig deep and go for that winner.Michael Stuart and Chris Euelmo fech off.Arseholes.Sorry.🤬.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:13 am

Troy wrote:Fechin Sportscene concentrating on County's deficiencies. But nothing about Livis desire to dig deep and go for that winner.Michael Stuart and Chris Euelmo fech off.Arseholes.Sorry.🤬.

Haven't watched it yet, but doesn't surprise me. Livi also should've done better with County's goal from open play, stood well off the boy, and allowed him plenty time to line up a shot. Big difference with us now is how clinical we are in front of goal with our chances, still need to tighten up a good bit in defence though. Clumsy giving pens away too, and my heart was in my mouth when Cook went down again inside the box near the end of the game, thankfully the ref didn't give them a pen that time.
    Cook and Hungbo gave us a torrid time down our flanks, just glad they didn't have players as clinical as ours to make anything of their good play.

Bailey and Anderson looking lethal for us just now, between them they could score well into double figures, and hopefully Parkes will fill the void left by Guthrie, getting us goals from set pieces.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:21 am

Heck knows how we managed to win that game. Laughing
    But the gods of fortune owed us big time after some of the hard luck earlier in the season.
    None of that can hide the fact that we played rather poorly yesterday and will need to up our game for Wednesday v high flying United.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Yeah but we get that from other fans when we 'make them play poorly', and don't get the credit for it, County were just blowing us away in the first 30 mins, winning everything, closing us down everywhere, not allowing us any time or space with the ball, but seemed to hit a wall and run out of steam, then we took control and were very clinical with our chances.

Hearts used to do that the season they cruised to the Championship the first time under Neilson, only they racked up the goals before running out of steam, and had the game won, County players aren't as clinical, and looking at their squad i'm not sure i'd swap any of their players.

Their pundits pre match on the ppv stream were saying they had the better players, but apart from Cook and Hungbo who would you take. Even then i'm looking at who that would replace for us, Bailey and Forrest, and thinking nope, wouldn't swap, or Callachan for Holt. Cook and Hungbo are devastating for pace and running at defenders, but don't have the finishing of Forrest and Bailey, who also present problems to defenders when running at them. Bailey and Anderson are looking a cracking combo up front for us now too, and wouldn't swap Anderson for White.

Basically their pundits are talking out their arses.lol!
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:53 am

How great are weekends after a win Very Happy we've deserved a late/lucky win after our unfortunate start to the season! Great scenes as the goal went in! As much as I loved seeing it, just hope we don't get punished for the fans invading the pitch Rolling Eyes
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:00 am

ol1vercloff wrote:How great are weekends after a win Very Happy we've deserved a late/lucky win after our unfortunate start to the season!  Great scenes as the goal went in!  As much as I loved seeing it, just hope we don't get punished for the fans invading the pitch Rolling Eyes

The Aberdeen invasion at our place was much worse. Can't remember them being punished.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 am

Troy wrote:Love View from the terrace Bertie.Will look out for the afore mentioned game. Was tough going up at Dingwall as I've said.A point apiece would have been fair in my opinion, but to win it the way we did was exceptional. Long way to go but we've givin ourselves an opportunity to further pull away from that end off the table.For the first time this season,I believe we can.👍.

The piece on VFTT was about one of the volunteer linesmen at the Stoneyburn v Bathgate game, it was a week later than I expected & was fairly dull with no discussion of the footage afterwards. IMO it really did the game at that level a disservice.

This weeks VFTT however was a great watch, with a piece on the resurrected Livi Youth Academy, Derek White & Dougie Imrie making spoken contributions about the restart & where they get the lads from; and DM was in the studio to chat about Livi & proved that he has a decent sense of humour whilst also having good points to make about himself, Dykes, Big Dec & the club in general.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:42 am

Cheers for the heads up on Martindale being on a VFTT Bertie, just watched it on iplayer, interesting hearing Imrie and White talking about the youth teams too, hope we unearth a gem that would've slipped out of SPFL football, like Pittman did before getting another chance with us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 pm