The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ross County v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Ross County v Livi Empty Ross County v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Beat them up there already but it was a hard game, and they were all over us for the first 30 mins, last game at home against them was without Charles-Cook and Hungbo, would expect the 2 of them playing this game, RCC is the top scorer in the league and a very quick player, as is Hungbo, but their defence is like a sieve as they go all out in attack.

If we can defend well we'll get something here, hopefully all 3pts again, it's very tight in mid table and vital we keep on getting points to get ourselves the right side of the pack. Mon the Lions, you can do this. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Ross County v Livi Empty Re: Ross County v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Ross seem to have upped their game a bit too. Not many teams will score 3 against the Huns, we certainly won’t, so they have a potent attack. I think a draw would be a good result, 3 is not impossible but I think it unlikely. If I was going to predict it I’d say 2-1 win for County… and hope I’m wrong
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:16 pm

Yeah they're prob due a win against us, it's been 2 narrow wins for us and a draw so far, every game was tight and we've been really lucky in both league games scoring late, late goals to steal a win and a draw. Saying that, i hope we're lucky again. lol!

Obileye's scored twice against them and he's on form scoring goals just now, so decent bet he'll get another on Wed, Parkes got our winner late in the first game, so hopefully Nouble is playing and we get all the big men in for set pieces, they're not very good at defending them.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:05 am

Ross County have given us some of our hardest games this season and having to travel up there will make it even more difficult. After our last two games against teams dropping like stones every time our players got close I'm hoping County just concentrate on the football, but I'm not holding my breath. It would be good to get a ref who sees through the diving and to finish the game with 11 on the pitch. It's these wee things that are annoying.
    I'd take a draw but a win would be tremendous.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:31 pm

Extremely tough game up there i reckon.Montano will be a miss for us,but Odin should come in to fill the void.Defence will have to be on their toes.County like us have been on decent form and will be a tough nut to crack,especially up there.Would love 3 points but wouldn't be dissapointed with a share of the spoils.Hopefully bid Joel gets a start up front with Bruce and we have a right go at them.Great opportunity to widen the gap between us and the rest.So Cmon Livi,get it done.🦁👍👊.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:20 pm

No chance of Joel & Bruce starting together, slightly better chance of them hooking up late second half but it’s odds on DM starts with one & subs him with the other.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:12 am

Yep, we'll start with Forrest-Anderson-Bailey, then sub Nouble on for Anderson.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:33 pm

Forrest opens the scoring but Ayo hits a pen over the bar!?!? He usually rolls them in why did he change his technique?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 pm

And the pen miss bites our bums with County grabbing an injury time equaliser
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:52 pm

Absolutely scunnered at not winning that, we dominated the game and should've had it put to bed, however we've done that to them twice this season so have to take our medicine for some payback.

Forrest amazing again, Anderson comes on (our top goal scorer sitting on the fecking bench) and Nouble goes out wide (where he's been outstanding for Arbroath) and surprise to no c*** (except maybe Martindale) we immediately look much much better. Nouble almost having an immediate impact setting up a great chance within seconds of switching to the wing.

Now for the love of god can we play them together in those positions!!!!!

Holt and Omeonga outstanding too, Holt goes unnoticed in the shadows of the likes of Omeonga and Forrest, but by feck he has been outstanding for us, we've some group of players just now, and still think we'll get a top 6 spot.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:17 pm

I am so disappointed at that. Even when Ayo missed the penalty I felt that we were on top and County had faded so wasn't unduly worried. Then we get a Max special. I'm not going to be too hard on him because he has saved us on many an occasions but it was a real sickener.

I can take a defeat better than a 93rd minute equaliser where we have almost had the 3 points in the bag.

Scunnered! Rolling Eyes

Edited to add - the referee wasn't too bad tonight apart from the penalty we should have had in the first half. He even booked two County players before ours.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 am

Missed the game due to being at work so had to listen on the radio.By most accounts Livi had chances to put this to bed,and having watched the limited highlights on Sportscene I tend to agree.It was a sickener to throw points away again so late in the game.Ayo so usually deadly from the spot absolutely fluffed his kick,but can't slate him as he's been magnificent for us.Would have taken a point before the game,but let's be honest it does feel like a defeat. We're still in a retrospective position in the league and should be looking up.But need to see out games like this to cement our place imo.Finnally Sincerely hope those that made it up there last night got home safely.Conditions were horrendous, take my hat of to them.👏.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:41 am

Just caught the “analysis” on Sportscene… well taken goal by Forrest (wee bit greedy to take it off Pitts but he scored so he can be forgiven) very badly taken penalty by Ayo, made even worse by the fact that the keeper went the wrong way & his normal style of kick would have put us 2 up. Woeful goalkeeping by Max for the equaliser, if he stays on his line it’s an easy save. After his heroics in punching away a few Aberdeen set pieces you can understand him wanting to do the same but there was so much traffic in front of him there was no way he was getting to the ball.

Still a good point but with a bit more levelheaded decision making we’d have had the win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:02 am

Wee thought, i mentioned when watching it at the time if taking off Nouble for Boyes was maybe inviting pressure onto us in the final minutes. We've taken off a good hold up player who was causing them a lot of problems up on the wing, plus for defending set pieces he's about 6ft 5.

Mention to the ref too, thought he was decent, after the absolute shite we've had the last 2 games.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:05 pm

Presumably sacrificing an attacker to “close up shop” - which failed.

Sometimes making a substitution like that near the end only invites pressure & adds to injury time; if the previous system was coping, why change it?

That said with the height of Obileye & Fitz at the back they should have been able to deal with the cross that set up the equaliser.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:33 pm

Have to admire the height the County boy rose to connect with the ball leading to the goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:38 pm

Tbf he didn't need to rise that high, Obileye and Boyes didn't get off the ground.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:01 am

If Max had half arsed coming for high balls like that against Aberdeen, we would have lost the game in the closing stages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm