The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Celtic

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Celtic - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Neil Lennon, James Forrest, Sean Connery, Rod Stewart, Pope Francis.... your boys took a helluva beating!!!

October the 6th; 2019
    Ask any hoops fan what they have seen!

2-0 to the Livingston, 2-0 to the Livingston, 2-0 to the Livingston, 2-0 to the Livingston!

Absolutely magic today, every man played his part, couldn’t pick a MotM easily but thought Devlin was immense in the first half & Dykes was outstanding in the 2nd but everyone of them deserve immense praise for a fantastic performance & result.

Who could have foreseen a clean sheet against the champs? (Actually I better check LF’s prediction cos he just might have!)

Yep I saw it coming, although I didn't change my prediction in the PL thread this time, told you all we were gonna do it a few posts up in this thread.

On a fecking roll with predictions this week, got every single one right predicting wins, draws and defeats, and only 2 with the wrong scorelines, said we'd win this 2-1, gave Celtic the benefit of the doubt they'd score a goal. lol!

Absolute masterclass from Livi, even before the sending off it was all Livi, thought Celtic would come at us at some point but apart from a few late corners they hardly troubled Sarkic. Brilliant goal from Robbo for the first, and calmly chipped over the 6ft 7 keeper by Dykes for the 2nd, he had their No2 wound up to feck but Collum didn't give him any protection from him, big haddy should've had 4 yellows. Dykes had the last laugh though, what a signing.

Def gonna be pissed tonight. Our first ever win against Cellic, and their first defeat from a Scottish team this season too, we're showing the rest how it should be done against the glesga erse cheeks, play without fear and get right in aboot em. bounce drunken
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Livi 2-0 Celtic

Man City 0-2 Wolves

Mon the wee teams. cheers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:28 am

Waited a long time for that win. I have been at every one of those 24 matches and had begun to think I'd never see it. Hope we pump the other lot next month. Razz
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:51 am

I have one question.....
    £7 million for Christopher Jullien and yet Gallagher and Halkett were both available for a free in the summer?

£7 million is more than our entire club get over five years....

I mean... surely I must be missing something?

Thank gawd we managed to secure Dykes for a further year.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:55 am

Couldnt believe what i was watching yesterday.Absolutly magnificent from the Lions and well merited our first victory against them.Saw the red card incident back,stonewaller if not a leg breaker and credit to wee Robbo for getting up and getting on with it.Dykes was superb again although im glad i didnt have to call the man of the match,the whole team deserve an award after that performance.Agreed with Orco after the game that we both thought Collum,uncharecteristly had a decent game for once and got of his calls spot on much to the distain of the Celtic support.Like others its been a long time coming but well worth the wait and will live long in the memory for years to come.So well done Livi and well done those who turned up to see something special. affraid bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Woke up this morning and did a wee check on the Livi website just to make sure it wasn't a dream I had that we beat Celtic 2-0 yesterday. lol!

Btw there are some seething messes of Celtic fans after their first domestic defeat of the season, they truly can't cope with losing a game. Their Livi hating rants are hilarious. Laughing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:46 pm

My productivity at work isn't that great today.....

orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:38 pm

Liviforever wrote:Woke up this morning and did a wee check on the Livi website just to make sure it wasn't a dream I had that we beat Celtic 2-0 yesterday. lol!

Btw there are some seething messes of Celtic fans after their first domestic defeat of the season, they truly can't cope with losing a game. Their Livi hating rants are hilarious. Laughing

I'll need to have a look. Where's the best place?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Quite a few of their comments were cut and pasted on to P&B from various "dedicated" sites

EDIT - of course if you want a laugh try:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/livingston-2-0-celtic-post-match-t136325.html?sid=19c18ae67bc3fcb383fd79d5a21a898a

Pitch is a disgrace.
    Livingston have no interest in playing football.
    Christie let the team down.
    Collum won’t pay for a drink in the lodge tonight.
    Next.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Must admit I found the idea that Jullien was going to rough us up, but we're the hammer throwers, a trifle bizarre:

https://www.67hailhail.com/match/christopher-jullien-sets-the-tone-for-todays-celtic-match-vs-livingston-fans-respond/
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:05 pm

What is even more hilarious is that Dykesy owned both of their centre backs yesterday; took all the abuse, laughed about it & scored a gem into the bargain.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What is even more hilarious is that Dykesy owned both of their centre backs yesterday; took all the abuse, laughed about it & scored a gem into the bargain.

I was surprise he was able to move so fast with two centre backs in his back pocket.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What is even more hilarious is that Dykesy owned both of their centre backs yesterday; took all the abuse, laughed about it & scored a gem into the bargain.

Then did a knee slide celebration right in front of their fans whilst holding his ear. lol!

Wee Robbo also gave it the cupping of his ear as he ran the length of the north stand celebrating the goal, Beany style. cheers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:28 am

Durnford wrote:Quite a few of their comments were cut and pasted on to P&B from various "dedicated" sites

EDIT - of course if you want a laugh try:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/livingston-2-0-celtic-post-match-t136325.html?sid=19c18ae67bc3fcb383fd79d5a21a898a

Pitch is a disgrace.
    Livingston have no interest in playing football.
    Christie let the team down.
    Collum won’t pay for a drink in the lodge tonight.
    Next.

Enjoyed that. Bye, they have no idea how to handle a defeat. I love supporting a wee team. I'd hate to be such a fitba' snob as that lot.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:38 am

Liviforever wrote:

Then did a knee slide celebration right in front of their fans whilst holding his ear. lol!

Wee Robbo also gave it the cupping of his ear as he ran the length of the north stand celebrating the goal, Beany style. cheers

Robbo got booked for it & I thought Dykes version was the more antagonistic of the two cellies
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 am

To be fair, walking back to our car we were blethering with a Celt after we heard him on his phone saying Livi deserved the win & it was a straight red no question, he wished us well for the rest of the season...and a similar text conversation took place between my oldest & his Celt pal.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:09 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Robbo got booked for it & I thought Dykes version was the more antagonistic of the two cellies

I think Dykes did the "Starfish"; not cupping his ears.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:To be fair, walking back to our car we were blethering with a Celt after we heard him on his phone saying Livi deserved the win & it was a straight red no question, he wished us well for the rest of the season...and a similar text conversation took place between my oldest & his Celt pal.

Yeah there are some sensible posts on that Kerrydale street forum, not many though, that said it had nothing to do with the pitch or Collum, stop blaming them, it was a deserved win for Livingston.

The amount that have us being 'agricultural', 'thugs', 'kicking them off the pitch' etc, is unreal, or we 'dragged them down to our level', 'dragged them into a bun fight', 'Livi don't know how to play football',  I don't think they were actually at the game.

This one pretty much sums up the brainless masses on that site;

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
    The perfect shampoo.
    Down to 10 early on. (Deservedly)
    Players looking disinterested.
    A plastic pitch that shouldn't be allowed in a professional set-up.
    An agricultural opposition who's only way to play is to push, foul and generally hoof the ball. Anti football at its worst.
    A referee who allows that agricultural nature to continue unchecked thus rewarding unfair play.
    And to add insult to injury we'll have to listen to the media talk-up Livingston for that assault on the eyes.
    A microcosm of all that is wrong in Scottish football.

It is hilarious reading, but on a serious note, jesus wept, they really have no clue.

They sound like a bunch of wee bhoys greetin that the bad boys didn't allow them to play nice passing football and run over the top of us, it's so unfair they didn't win, big bad Livi. Laughing

Dear knows what they'd be like losing 3 or 4 games in a row.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Oh and the comments about the shitey stadium - well that's justified; we're far too cheap; allow a perfect unrestricted view of the pitch and promote a family friendly atmosphere; don't fleece people at the serveries, the seats are cleaned and our toilets work - pretty rubbish eh?

Oh and apparently we play "anti football" whatever that is....

Like the comments about not being able to play the ball along the ground; has anyone told Edouard - he seemed to be doing nothing but playing the ball along the ground.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

I think Dykes did the "Starfish"; not cupping his ears.

Did both, had his hand to his ear first, then again afterwards.

Livi v Celtic - Page 2 48856810
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Durnford wrote:Oh and the comments about the shitey stadium - well that's justified; we're far too cheap; allow a perfect unrestricted view of the pitch and promote a family friendly atmosphere; don't fleece people at the serveries, the seats are cleaned and our toilets work - pretty rubbish eh?

Like the comments about not being able to play the ball along the ground; has anyone told Edouard - he seemed to be doing nothing but playing the ball along the ground.

I think that's code for not lying down and letting Celtic beat us. Laughing

Can safely not take anything on that forum seriously. It's the flip side of Sevco media for head cases talking bollocks.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:45 am

Liviforever wrote:

As an aside how was what Robinson did a booking? You see that kind or reaction in every game up and down the country - well apart from St Mirren but I'm sure they would if they actually scored a goal.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:46 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Oh and the comments about the shitey stadium - well that's justified; we're far too cheap; allow a perfect unrestricted view of the pitch and promote a family friendly atmosphere; don't fleece people at the serveries, the seats are cleaned and our toilets work - pretty rubbish eh?

Can safely not take anything on that forum seriously. It's the flip side of Sevco media for head cases talking bollocks.

I thought that was "Livi are a dreadful team to watch". I suppose any team is dreadful to watch if they're busy tanning your ar5e...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

As an aside how was what Robinson did a booking? You see that kind or reaction in every game up and down the country - well apart from St Mirren but I'm sure they would if they actually scored a goal.

It was the same as Beany away to Dumbarton, when he ran along the stand with a big daft grin on his face celebrating his goal, only in that case half the stand was full of our fans so it was a silly booking for the ref to hand out. Agree with Bertie earlier on when he said Dykes celebration was far more inflammatory, because he didn't even go over the the Livi fans, he went straight into the corner with a knee slide, in front of their fans, then signed a gesture with his hand to his ear like a DJ with earphones on.

Not that I care, it shut them all up scoring, then did a bit of winding up with the celebrations, BANTZ. cheers  Cool

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

I thought that was "Livi are a dreadful team to watch". I suppose any team is dreadful to watch if they're busy tanning your ar5e...

Yeah prob the same thing, we don't play free flowing football, instead we press them high up the pitch and force them into making errors (dragging them down to our level), stopping them from playing their natural game (running over the top of us).
    What these clowns seem to forget, or don't even bother their arses thinking about, is what you've just posted a few posts further up, our player budget and wages compared to theirs makes it a David v Goliath match, but the effort and will to win shown by our players dwarfed theirs. If they had any sort of a view outside of their green tinted painted specs, they'd show some good grace and be a bit more complimentary of our players taking them apart (in a footballing sense).

As a bit of trivia, or stat, last season when Hearts were top of the league and undefeated, Livi were the first team to take points off them, this season we're the first team to give Celtic their first domestic defeat when they were top of the table. Anyone who doesn't admire how we fear no one and play the same way against everyone is a sad individual. We are leading the way for other teams in regards to playing the Glasgow arse cheeks, i'll bet St Johnstone and Hamilton fans would love for their teams to play like ours against them, as would most of the others.
    The way Brian Rice spoke in his post match defeat to Sevco sounded like he'd given up any hope against them before they'd even played them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 pm

Was a livi news feed with a link to an article about a call to super scoreboard radio phone in, wee Tam fae Clydebank called them up to say Celtic would beat Livi every game if we played them 10 games in a row, the radio guy said, are you sure...………….you've only managed to beat them once in the last 4 games you played them. Wee Tam didn't know what to say for the next minute or so, then came out with a stammering retort, where are they in the league. To which everyone on the show just burst out laughing at him.lol!

Some complete heads gone in the Celtic support about us gubbing them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:42 pm