The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Motherwell

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Motherwell - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Motherwell

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:01 am

Sorry to say it but that incredible stat will end this season.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:26 am

Have to say I agree that for spells we have played some good football. It just seems that lady luck has deserted us for the moment. Defensive lapses and tactical mistakes are costing us dearly.And yes on occasions official's are doing us no favours whatsoever. We are in a rut at the moment no doubt,but its up to us to get ourselves out of it.I for one don't know how.Its gonna be testing times ahead and while its not panic stations as yet the signs are not good for us.Of course I could be totally wrong, but I share peoples concerns that we are in danger this season.Got to turn this around,and sooner than later.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:43 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Sorry to say it but that incredible stat will end this season.

I'm not so sure, we lift our game at home to the erse cheeks, changing how we play too, defensively more solid in numbers, and both cheeks have looked vulnerable away from home too. Even against County Sevco got pegged back to one goal twice, and lost to Utd. And while Celtic have blown teams away with 6-0 wins at home, they've lost to Hearts away. Neither like our plastic pitch too.

Aye Troy, the season has a very long way to go, people get caught up in early results, but it's always good to get that first win, kinda gets the monkey of our backs, with everyone so focussed on it.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:29 am

Weve all said it from day one that we tend to do things the hard way.I feel this season that addage will be more pertinent than others.With everything that's gone on im clinging to the hope we can somehow turn this around.👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:57 pm

orco wrote:
    Am I reading anything in to the fact that the BBC saw fit not to include our disallowed goal in their highlights earlier. I couldn't see what it was for at the time so was looking forward to seeing it on Sportscene. It's a conspiracy. Sad

Bertie Bassett wrote:It was a “foul” by Sibbs in winning the ball back… it followed the pattern of most of our “fouls” in that there was nothing in it & had it been the other way it wouldn’t have been a foul.

Yep looked at it several times and can't see anything wrong with it, def not offside, Obileye was well on for one, and it's the Motherwell No14 that passes it to him, falling over as he does. So looks like Bertie is right, and it's a shocker of a decision giving the foul.

Free kick is 45 seconds in.

orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:28 pm

I've watched it half a dozen times and paused it. The Motherwell player threw himself to the ground. No surprise! They were doing it all game and winning free kicks. I can handle a defeat when we have played poorly but we're continually being robbed by inept refereeing. Evil or Very Mad
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:59 pm

Having watched it, it is even worse than I thought on the day… Sibbs does absolutely nothing to the Well player. It is a joke of a decision. That said had it counted the game would have restarted from the centre & the Forrest goal may not have happened, of course it could also be argued we would have kicked on sooner & got 1 or 2 more.

Both Well’s goals are rank awful defending. We used to be famed for getting to the second ball but on both occasions we were nowhere. Devlin’s miss is also terrible & it is his awful defensive header that gifts Watt the ball to shoot & set up the winner.

I said it earlier & will say it again, we need to work on finishing, crossing & reacting.

On the issue of Celtic losing at Hearts… the way they are playing now bears no resemblance to the way they were playing then. Yes we defend more in numbers against the ugly sisters but on current evidence our defence is nowhere near as good as it was in past seasons, we may not be shipping vast numbers of goals but the lapses are appalling.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:15 pm

Have to see how Celtic play away from home before saying they're a different team now. Easy for them to gub teams at home in front of their big home support, and they aren't letting in any away fans either, lets see how they do at away grounds though.

Celtic are a bunch of c**** (sorry Orco), they didn't do ppv for away fans last season and aren't even letting away fans into their ground this season when everyone else is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 am