The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Celtic

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Celtic Empty Livi v Celtic

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Celtic fans not happy this wont be on any tv channels, so they'll have to pay £20 PPV to Livi, or try a dodgy stream. Got no sympathy for them, they didn't let away fans see their PPV last season, and aren't even letting away fans into their ground this season, we're at least giving them 7,500 tickets. Celtic are a bunch of aunts, feck em having to pay £20 to see LIVI PPV.

On the game, Pitts not back training, so may miss this one, Sibbs going to be out a month with stitches in his ankle from the Dundee game, and Parkes injured in training, will we ever see Parkes in our defence?
    Longridge is back available, and Montano & Lewis are ok to play, and Jack McMillan is training, but prob too soon for this game. Omeonga will arrive on Fri, and be training on Sat, so we could see him on the bench.

Tough game, but with it being at home on the plastic i think we have a chance of getting something, esp with the form Stryjek is in. Would be just like us to pick up our first league win against Celtic, mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Celtic Empty Re: Livi v Celtic

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 pm

Yep, that’s more like it LF… needless to say I disagree, I honestly don’t think we have a prayer in this one.

Parkes played in the League Cup group games; he was slow & lackadaisical against Alloa. During that match I feared greatly what a decent team would do to our defence… sadly we haven’t shown much improvement in that department since.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 am

Yeah he was overweight then, he's meant to have shed a few pounds and looking fitter, then he goes and gets injured in training, great. I reckon Parkes almost being back ready to play was why Martindale didn't sign another CB, now both he and Kelly are injured and we're left with just Fitzwater and Obileye again, with no back ups. CB area is light of a player and has been right from the start of the season, Martindale even admitted as much after the Motherwell game, but he keeps signing midfielders and LB's.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 pm

McMillan was signed as a full back who can cover CB though wasn’t he?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Don't think he's ever played there, played on both sides or the pitch though and is pretty versatile. ATS filled in at CB, and was hopeless, which doesn't give me much Hope for McMillan playing there when ATS got picked over him. Martindale will prob play Jacobs at CB.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:47 pm

Seem to remember McMillan playing centr back when on loan at Partick ( might be wrong)
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Got to laugh at Celtic fans ignorance and self entitlement, thinking it's just them that has to fork out for ppv in away games, they only had 2 away games not televised by Sky last season and are greetin about having to pay opposition clubs for their ppv. Rolling Eyes

https://celtsarehere.com/absolute-joke-cant-be-right-spfl-club-receives-backlash-after-celtic-decision/

Instead of charging a more reasonable price, the Lothian club have opted to hike up the fee in order to gauge the Celtic support.

No we didn't, that's our ppv price for everyone, but lets not check facts before writing a load of lies portraying Celtic fans as victims. These clowns really do think they're hard done to.

It’s a shame Livingston have chosen this price point when they’ve made a lot of money from Celtic fans already through ticket sales. we should never begrudge clubs of trying to make money but this does fly in the face of fairness for supporters.

Yeah we should have lowered our prices just for Celtic fans and not charged them the same price every other opposition fan has to pay. Celtic fans are unique and special, we should be grateful for them gracing us with their presence.  Rolling Eyes

Wonder where the fairness was in their own club not giving away fans ppv last season, and this one, and also being the only club not to let away fans into their ground when the restrictions were lifted this season.

Celtic fans living in an echo chamber of ignorance.

I agree btw about our ppv prices being too high, and said so last season, but that's the price we set them at, and it isn't us trying to take advantage of Celtic fans. Obv they didn't have to pay for any of our games on ppv last season though, or they'd not have been so outraged for having to do so this weekend, they only had 2 away games not on Sky and the precious wee souls are shocked at having to do what every other set of fans outside the erse cheeks do, when not able to attend games, and buy ppv to watch away games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:22 pm

This aunt is trying a bit too hard to convince himself Celtic are going to beat us on Sunday. https://www.67hailhail.com/opinion/the-difference-in-celtic-that-should-make-light-work-of-livingston/

lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Can’t be bothered reading it but I wouldn’t have thought he’d need to try too hard to convince himself. I think there is only 1 person in Scotland  (maybe the world) who thinks otherwise. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:16 pm

I'm exhausted by the whole PPV scenario. FWITs worth ,yes it is a bit steep.But they have the option of purchasing or not,simples. We'll make a tidy sum from this regardless. To the game itself.Im expecting nothing from this,but having said that they don't like coming here.Most will expect us to take a hiding here and I find it hard to argue our case.Weve nothing to lose here and in that respect I feel the longer it goes goaless they might panic and give us a chance albeit not many to get something here.No idea what the lineup will be but as always I wish the lads the very best of luck.Il be there to cheer the Lions on.🦁👊👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:00 pm

Celtic have lost both their away matches in the league, and only won home games, totally different team playing at home. They also don't like our pitch, we're taking something from this game, might even be all 3 points.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:34 am

I really admire your confidence and optimism… but their two away games have been at Tynecastle and Ibrox, both home teams in those games have had good starts to their league season & the former was “opening day” when the supposed “favourites” are always most vulnerable.

We have had a confidence sapping run of at least 12 league games without a win, with at least 10 of those being defeats.

Celtic’s record at the ‘Vale since we came back to the top table is poor but they will eventually win a game & tomorrow represents their best chance to do that because it is clearly our weakest first xi since coming up & possibly longer because I reckon our teams that won back to back promotions would give the current team a very hard game - those teams knew how to dig in & fight for each other.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 am

Yeh,I concur Bertie.Our previous successes against them was achieved by a better Livi than the current one.Can only hope their knackered from the other night,but I can only see one outcome here unfortunately, although hopefully the boys will do their collective best to keep it respectable.🤞🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Now THIS guy needs a sense of humour transplant…

https://thecelticstar.com/martindales-comments-on-livingstons-poundland-plastic-pitch-ensures-scotland-gets-the-football-it-deserves/

Talk about taking a comment completely out of context, I have no doubt Martindale’s tongue was neatly wedged against his cheek when he made the pitch comments & is trying to play some mind games which clearly worked on the author of the above linked article. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Crunch crunch crunch crunch…..

That’s the sound of me eating my words.

You called it LF; I’d be using the “I’m not worthy emoji” if we still had it.

Today we saw Livi doing Livi things & doing them superbly. Everything that has been missing was on show today. Bodies on the line, pressing, getting intae the opposition, blocks. Max had next to nothing to do first half despite their dominance of possession & made some superb saves second half.

The goal was a thing of exquisite beauty.

Holt covered every blade of plastic, Shinnie did a very passable impression of Lee Miller. It reminded me of the win at Firhill when we came up. Tremendous discipline from Devlin after being booked for nothing in the opening 15 seconds ( ref was rotten as usual ).

Everyone did their job. Excellent Livi, let’s build on it & show this league we’re here.

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:26 pm

No words needed really.Cool But i will post some anyway. lol!

What a team performance, doubled up with FB's down both sides and played a midfielder up front with no strikers, but who the feck needs strikers anyway. Laughing

Shinnie was magnificent as our target man, great first touch bringing the ball into himself, and what a goal, superb.

Devlin was also magnificent, esp considering the ridiculous booking he got in our first tackle of the game, it didn't effect his game though and he was like a man possessed.

Big Obileye solid in defence, and Fitzwater is looking a lot more settled playing beside him, looking a decent partnership now. A few close shaves with Stryjek dropping the ball, but our defenders mopped up any loose balls, and he made some crucial saves too, all in all another good game by Stryjek.

Loved every minute of the game, we chased them all over the pitch and got a deserved win, now lets push on and get more wins, mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Some young lads began singing the old song “Beautiful Sunday” - they were too young to have heard it when it was originally released but it was a perfect choice for the game…. But it could do with a wee re-write….

Sunday morning, up with the lark
    I think I'll walk down to Almondvale Park
    Hey hey hey, it's a beautiful day
    I've got Livi waiting for me
    And when I see them I know what we’ll say
    Hey hey hey, what a beautiful day

Hi hi hi, it’s Andrew Shinnie
    This is your your your beautiful day
    When you score score score score against Celtic
    Oh my my my its a beautiful day
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:01 pm

Think I've just about come back down to earth after that.You guys have just about covered analysis of the game so I won't go over them again.One thing I learned today is that I am absolutely pish at predictions🤣.Seriously, we were magnificent all over the park and I'd find it impossible to name any individual although I thought Max was terrific,and loved him noising up the Celtic fans as well.Heard someone say its only 3 points but you could see what it ment to the players and staff at the end.Said hi to Gary Holt on the way out,he's happy for us.Anyway off to consult my crystal ball for any help I so obviously need. Well done lads.👏🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Yeah only three points, but three points we desperately needed, and it lifts us up the table from bottom to ninth. Some folk are just gloomy pusses.

Loved the way we played the ball up the wings too, looked like a lot of confidence in the team, wee back healers and overlaps, hopefully we play more like that in games going forward, and don't just launch long diagonal balls up the pitch. We've got the players to play good passing football, Shinnie showed just how good he is on the ball too, lets make more use of those talents.

Looking forward to seeing how we progress with players getting back from injuries and gelling into the team, there were def signs it is starting to happen.

Also should never underestimate the psychological lift that first win gives players, and fans. It starts weighing you down the longer we went not getting that win too, onwards and upwards. bounce
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Yeh,the older experienced players were magnificent today,but a wee shout out for the younger ones.Lewis Penrice and Williamson ran themselves into the ground tirelessly and belied their years.Will be interesting to see what Davie does when the other guys come back in.But certainly room for optimism will be gladly welcomed.👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:52 pm

I have to confess I anticipated us parking the bus when I saw the team selection but while we were set up to allow them possession we were back to doing the things that brought us success. Pressing, harrying, winning the ball. For a while in the first half nothing was sticking up top but we managed to hit them & were actually looking like we caused them problems at the back once we found our feet.

Some of the passing was very good ( the goal being the best example) - first half in particular we were compact - Jack McMillan also had a very good game, just remembered him winning the ball superbly - and they didn’t get anything to seriously trouble Max. Second half we were less compact, especially after substitutions but then the players who came on were more naturally attacking players. They then began getting shots on target but Max was up to the task & Fitz cleared off the line when Max was caught out for the only time.

Once again, like the win a couple of seasons back, we fully deserved the 3 points & proved that the only stat of real importance is the final score.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Liviforever wrote:Celtic have lost both their away matches in the league, and only won home games, totally different team playing at home. They also don't like our pitch, we're taking something from this game, might even be all 3 points.

👏👏👏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:52 pm

Can't tire of watching Shinnie's goal, superb. https://twitter.com/i/status/1439598064403206146
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Fairly gives you a spring in your step getting a win, esp against one of the erse cheeks, still full of joy from yesterday. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 pm

Rainy days & Mondays always get me down… but NOT TODAY Greggy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm