The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Celtic v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi Empty Celtic v Livi

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

The proverbial free hit game again, away from home this time and Celtic just hit 5 past County, so it's going to be extra tough for us, hopefully St Mirren give them a decent fight tonight and it has an affect on them when they play us on Saturday.

Positives are, this is exactly the kind of game our players thrive on, and surprise everyone by taking something, lets hope they do it again and grab at least a point. Celtic don't do ppv, so we wont get the choice if any of us wanted to watch this game live, we'll just have to wait for the Sportscene highlights.

Think Sibbs will get a start for this game, with Holt dropping to the bench, prob everyone else will be the same as the Accies starting XI. Looking for Robbo to continue his love for a goal against Celtic, and our defence to pull off a Sevco esque performance and keep them out the other end, best of luck to the real Lions and they do us proud, mon the Livi (real) Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Celtic v Livi Empty Re: Celtic v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Hope springs eternal
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Celtic back to looking average again tonight, scraping a win against St Mirren, home game for them against us right enough but we've done it before, getting a point there, it isn't beyond us to go one better and beat them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:11 am

Last season I’d have agreed we might spring a surprise there, obviously couched in terms like “a million to one shot“ - this season... not so much
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Already done it to Sevco though, and we couldn't take a point off them last season. Imo Celtic haven't looked as good as Sevco in these opening games, so really no reason to think we can't pull off a wee "surprise" result here. I'd love it if we could nick a win, esp with it being away from home, and on grass, that would shut them all up about they can only play well on plastic pish.

orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Cannae see it. I'd settle for no getting pumped.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Have to say, Orco is being more realistic.

The draw with the Govanites should have kickstarted the season but normal service resumed at Pittodrie, as expected. Then the first win should have set us up to push on but instead we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Accies... so anything more than a severe tonking will be a minor miracle.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm

Might lose, but doubt very much we'll take a gubbing, and if i was a betting man i'd stick a cheeky fiver or tenner on us taking something here. Celtic aren't any great shakes just now, and we'll be well up for this game, i think we'll be a lot more solid than in games against the teams we're expected to take points from.

My one real concern is how McCrorie will do though, because as solid as we'll be in defence, with prob a crowded box full of Livi players whenever Celtic come at us, McCrorie will no doubt have to make the odd save, i'd feel more confident in our keeper doing so if it was Stryjek in goals. So big game for him to step up and prove himself, esp with his parent club benefitting dearly from the result if we take points off Celtic.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 am

Tend to find myself aggreeing with Bertie and Orco here.Had it been at Almondvale i might have givin a smidgin of a chance to hold them.But its not.Think damage limitation has to be the order of the day here.Until we can get ourselves sorted up front i see us struggling to get any kind of momentum needed to get us out of the position we find ourselves in.Any ways miracles sometimes happen and hopefully the lads can rise to the occasion,alas i fear it wont be tommorow. Good luck Livi.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm

I'm shocked and flabbergasted both you and Bertie agree with Orco Troy, would've laid odds on you both thinking we could get something here. Shocked lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Hope your not thinking that we are gangin up on you L/F.😂😂😂.Think we,re just stating the bleeding obvious. Im having a bevvy tommorrow efty regardless of the result 🍻🍻🍻Mon the Lions.🦁 Lol.T.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:16 am

Ken, there's a bit of me that is a wee bit glad I can't watch that game. It's painful when you're on the back foot for 90 minutes.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:01 am

I will take the fifteen mins on Sportscene, only if i have to Orco. 😂
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Lining up with a back 3 again, can i change my mind about us getting something from this game? lol!

McCrorie, Devlin, Ambrose, Guthrie, Brown, Serrano, Bartley, Holt, Sibbald, Pittman & Tiffoney.

5-2-3-0. Straight out of the Craig Levein play book.

Just hope we don't concede an early goal and we get the chance to frustrate them, bit obv we're going for a 0-0 draw here, would be even better if we can somehow nick a goal and have something to hang on to for dear life.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Hope Celtic have an off day😂.No strikers, god help us🙏Mon the strikerless Lions.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:26 pm

With any luck Duffy will get an early booking for a foul on Tiffoney and be on a tightrope for the rest of the game. Tiffoney is quite good at getting fouls, and with 3 CB's on we'll be relying heavily on trying to get a goal from a set piece, hope we've been practicing them all week, both in attack and defence.

Livi to get a goal from a set piece, concede to get pegged back to 1-1, then Robbo to come on in the 85th mins and score the winner for us in ET. How's that for a prediction. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Shows you the streangh in depth Celtic have dropping Eduard and Forrest, whereas us.🤔
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Liviforever wrote:With any luck Duffy will get an early booking for a foul on Tiffoney and be on a tightrope for the rest of the game. Tiffoney is quite good at getting fouls, and with 3 CB's on we'll be relying heavily on trying to get a goal from a set piece, hope we've been practicing them all week, both in attack and defence.

Livi to get a goal from a set piece, concede to get pegged back to 1-1, then Robbo to come on in the 85th mins and score the winner for us in ET. How's that for a prediction. lol!

You’re prediction started well enough... but then it was normal service

I’m sure Tiff is a forward rather than a mid. Pretty sure he was played up front for Morton
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Sounds like a cracker of a goal from Serrano & Pigniatello had a chance but failed to take it.

3-2 defeat isn’t too bad in the grand scheme of things. Other results mean we’re still in touch albeit 12th. Assuming Aberdeen beat Motherwell we will be back up to 11th tomorrow evening & only 3 points behind 7th.

But... as I have said previously, we are where we are and the longer we stay down there the harder it becomes to sort out. So the next game is massive.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Watched it on a dodgy stream, yep was a stunning goal by Serrano, didn't even get acknowledged by their commentators, they just fell silent.

Most biased commentary i've ever heard, HT they had Michael Stewart and Gordon Strachan, and it was all talking about Celtic, even moaning about our pen, although Stewart at least acknowledged it was a pen, begrudgingly saying in todays laws it is a pen, but he doesn't think it should be. Rolling Eyes

Usual defending from us though, deflected off Devlin for McGregor's goal, and he turned away the same as he did for the Accies opener, fecking needs to take one in the face and stop shitting it. Gave him far to much space to have a dig too, we all know McGregor can score goals like that when players stand off him. Dunno how many times i've seen Devlin deflecting a shot into our net like that, the opener against Accies he did it too, shirking away from blocking it.

2nd or 3rd goal McCrorie decides to rush out and makes it easy for Christie or Ajeti, can't remember which now.

Anyway, good to see us comeback and almost grab an equaliser from Carlo Pignatiello in injury time, we need to carry on that attacking performance into the St Johnstone game and get a win there.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Didnt see the game due to poor streaming. But from the various comments on other forums we did ok and could have snatched a point near the end.As you say Bertie We're only 3 points from 7th.So not unsurmountable. Prior to the game i hoped for damage limitation, so in that hence,we got it.Really looking for movement in the transfer market in the coming weeks.Our season could depend on it.But well done the lads for their efforts,and nearly a coupon buster. 👍 🦁
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Ah well a draw would have been nice but that will do me. A 3-2 defeat at Celtic Park is respectable enough given the difference in the resources of both teams. Big game next week. Nervous already.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Reminded me of that Boxing day deafeat with Larrson breaking our hearts many years ago.But hopefully the team can take something from this and start to kick on.Ive said hopefully a signing for us up top can make all the difference.Its still tight at the moment at the bottom. And at the top as well.We move on.🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Having just watched the highlights. We were so close to taking something from this.Wonder if Dykes would have taken that chance at the end.Not to be.But as ive said previously weve got to take pluses from this.Fully expect a signing from the club in the next few days.So many players gone.Dont want the club to break the bank,but if we want to stay in this league, needs must.Only my opinion of course.Not ready to go back to the Championship just yet.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Having just watched the highlights. We were so close to taking something from this.Wonder if Dykes would have taken that chance at the end.Not to be.But as ive said previously weve got to take pluses from this.Fully expect a signing from the club in the next few days.So many players gone.Dont want the club to break the bank,but if we want to stay in this league, needs must.Only my opinion of course.Not ready to go back to the Championship just yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 pm