The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Celtic v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtic v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Not sure we'll get a striker in, would be great if we did, but he'd have to be a sure thing and that'll be extremely difficult to do.

Still think big Lars will work out as a great signing, but he'll be a slow burner, getting better with each game till he's paying dividends, which could be the 2nd half of the season. Till then we need the midfielders to step up and score goals, and the CB's from set pieces. We've done it before when Hardie was injured and Dolly led the line, only scoring 2 goals the whole season.

Not sure if Poplatnik will get us goals or not, he looked lively in a brief sub appearance against Hibs, was a bit lost against Sevco and then went off injured, and hasn't had the chance to show us what he can do since. Tiffoney is also lively and makes good runs, not convinced by his finishing though, maybe 2 up front would work with someone playing the wee man alongside Lars as the big target man.

We'd also need the defence to get back to their best too though, and get a bit of consistency in the team.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Enjoyed the highlights especially that second goal. Having watched him in a few games now I do like the look of Serrano. He is a classy player but not afraid to put himself about when needed. Another player I have time for is Tiffoney. He is a wee menace, a sort of younger version of Robinson. I still have memories of him scoring 2 after coming off the bench at Motherwell the season before last. I think if he got a wee run in the team his finishing might improve. Good to see Pignatiello getting a run out too. It's been a while since one of our youngsters broke through to the first team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Think i'd play Tiffoney the other way around, start Lars in games and bring Tiff on around the 65th min mark to run past defenders with balls over the top to get in behind them, he's really good at doing that and against tired defenders he'd be even better. Just needs to add goals and have an end product.

Could also be interesting seeing him in the mid three playing off Lars, with Forrest and Pittman.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Great, Motherwell just humped Aberdeen 3-0 to put us bottom of the table and climb up a few places, we had the chance of doing that last week against Accies and fecked it up.

Need to get our finger out and beat St Johnstone next week, or teams will start pulling away from us, right now it isn't too bad with only 3 points separating us and 7th place, but we don't want to remain stationary for another week or the gap will start widening.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Which is what ive been worrying about recently.Like late on yesterday our inability to take chances is and will cost us dearly unless we can turn this around.Yeh We're bottom but as you say not quite adrift yet.🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Liviforever wrote:Great, Motherwell just humped Aberdeen 3-0 to put us bottom of the table and climb up a few places, we had the chance of doing that last week against Accies and fecked it up.

Need to get our finger out and beat St Johnstone next week, or teams will start pulling away from us, right now it isn't too bad with only 3 points separating us and 7th place, but we don't want to remain stationary for another week or the gap will start widening.

Sounds like you are coming over to the dark side my not-so-young padowan... lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Not quite at the dark side yet Bertie Vader, i'll give it another couple of games.

Btw their 2nd goal does look offside, Taylor was a few inches past Devlin when McGregor plays the ball through to him, pity we've no VAR. Though the way they've been using it down South i think i'd rather suffer the linesman getting it wrong now and again.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Agree on VAR it’s decent technology at its worst. It works in other sports because they use it sensibly, whereas down south they just keep tinkering with rules that were fine. The handball rules have become farcical, as is the keeper moving off his line & offside is being measured to microscopic levels when it should simply be whether you can definitively make a decision with the naked eye.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:51 pm