The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Play Offs

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Play Offs - Page 2 Empty Re: Play Offs

Post by Liviforever Sat May 27, 2023 6:53 pm

If it's County in the play offs i think they'll easily win, only one defeat in May, a late late penalty for Motherwell giving them a 1-0 defeat. Might not be though, if they win tomorrow it'll be Killie who drop into 11th. It has only been Killie's home form that saved them from relegation, and they're at home tomorrow, so really is an intriguing last game.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:01 am

Well that was easier for Partick than i thought it would be, although i only watched the edited highlights, so maybe County did a bit better than they showed, esp first half, it was wave after wave of Partick attacks with County doing absolutely nothing.

Everything is going their way in these play offs, the opposition getting another red card early on, they really should've got a 3rd goal to make it a lot less likely County can come back though, at 2-0 it'll hang on the balance of who scores the first goal in Dingwall. Partick do look a good attacking team though, and are full of confidence, it isn't looking good for County staying up, so right decision for me going to Dingwall for a game, scratching it of my list of grounds i've yet to visit.

As a neutral it would be good if County scored an early goal and made a game of it.

The highlights are pitiful, 12 mins of football, then 18 mins of talking about the game in a studio, absolutely dreadful.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:49 pm

Yeh,watched the game last night.Reckon Thistle might regret not taking the numerous chances they had to basically put it out of sight for County.As you say an early goal for County up there on Sunday would really test Thistle,something that hasn't happened in the playoffs thus far.On preference ,I'd rather a trip to the Highlands as opposed to mingin Maryhill.Have enjoyed my trips up there as have many of us.Sitting on the fence a bit here,but its in Thistles own hands.Should be watchable.🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:16 pm

I watched the game and County looked good till the sending off even though they had already conceded a goal. It's all or nothing for them on Sunday so they might as well have a go. Thistle have annoyed me with a lot of gamesmanship resulting in red and yellow cards for the opposition. They are playing with confidence though and are effective with their wingers and Brian Graham putting the ball in the net. I had been looking forward to seeing how they fared against the SPL team but the game was ruined after 17 minutes with a harsh sending off. The young lad went for the ball and completely miss kicked. There was no intention of him trying to deny a goal scoring opportunity. The ref was correct to give a yellow but Andrew Dallas in the VAR studio thought better of it. He's on a nice wee number sitting on his bahookie these days playing god with his tele machine. The SFA maybe thought he'd do less damage off the field of play.
    Anyway I'm rooting for County on Sunday. That's me likely put the kiss of death on them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:12 pm

orco wrote:I watched the game and County looked good till the sending off even though they had already conceded a goal. It's all or nothing for them on Sunday so they might as well have a go. Thistle have annoyed me with a lot of gamesmanship resulting in red and yellow cards for the opposition. They are playing with confidence though and are effective with their wingers and Brian Graham putting the ball in the net. I had been looking forward to seeing how they fared against the SPL team but the game was ruined after 17 minutes with a harsh sending off. The young lad went for the ball and completely miss kicked. There was no intention of him trying to deny a goal scoring opportunity. The ref was correct to give a yellow but Andrew Dallas in the VAR studio thought better of it. He's on a nice wee number sitting on his bahookie these days playing god with his tele machine. The SFA maybe thought he'd do less damage off the field of play.
    Anyway I'm rooting for County on Sunday. That's me likely put the kiss of death on them.

Yeah them cheating to get the Ayr player sent off annoyed me too, absolutely no need for it because they're a good team.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:58 pm

Cracking game up in Dingwall, County looked dead and buried but got the benefit of a var penalty review not given to Thistle and a ridiculous hand ball (just as bad as Grealish yesterday) in their favour, scored that and then grabbed another within 2 mins and tied it up on 90 mins with 9 added mins. Now at half time in Extra time and game very much in the balance.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 pm

Terrific penalty shoot out, goals, saves, hit the post, over the bar, and County stay up with a 5-4 sudden death win.

I’m okay with that, I wanted them to stay up but they got lucky on the day. Thistle played the better football over the two legs but County dug in and found a way once they got the benefit of their dubious pen.

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:40 pm

Talk about blowing it big style,Partick take the biscuit. Suspect many Livi fans will be happy tonight with trips back up to Dingwall next season.It was there on a plate for Thistle and the totally collapsed at the final hurdle. But well done County for pulling it off however unlikely it seemed.See you next season.👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:05 pm

Excellent result, and some fight back by County. Amazing what getting a goal back can do, was bursting for us to just score when we were 3-0 down against St Mirren & Motherwell just to see if we could do something like that, but alas we were so toothless in those games.

Anway, was pretty funny seeing Thistle fans singing they were going up, only to get pumped in a pen shoot out, every goal County scored the camera went to a Thistle fan, zooming in on his face. lol!

Think Thistle would've been a far harder opponent if they'd got up too, so glad County managed to stay up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:18 am