The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v TheClubThatDied

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v TheClubThatDied Empty Livi v TheClubThatDied

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:37 pm

I guess somebody has to start this…

Unbeaten under their new manager, I’d bite your limbs off for a point. Unfortunately I can’t see anything other than our GD taking a big hit.

We will line up with Noobs up front on his own, we will let them have the ball, we will not make a challenge until they are in our half, we will give far too much respect and basically be used as a carpet. When we go behind we won’t change anything until they have at least 3, then we will try to have a go.

I just wish for once we’d get stuck intae thum.
    Troy

Livi v TheClubThatDied Empty Re: Livi v TheClubThatDied

Post by Troy Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:38 am

Yeh,suspect it will be the same old story.Probably gallant effort but Sevco just too strong for us.Baptism of fire for Brian,hopefully the team turn up and keep the scoreline respectable.Its a free hit with no expectation.Question is will we have a go?.Reckon when the first goal for them goes in the heads will go down as per.On the other hand,if we can somehow keep them out till added time and sneak it would be hilarious.😉🤣.Waken up Troy.😴.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:21 pm

Okay so he surprised me with the starting line up… he also surprised me when he subbed Noobs…he never usually takes him off. Guthrie and Anderson showed some decent signs of being able to link up if we are up against one of the other 9 non-Glasgow sides; I’d like to see that given a try because Noobs has been ineffective for months & was largely a passenger again today. If he brings his A-game he is more than a handful but he hasn’t since before last Christmas.

I thought we played better than we did recently but we were always second best. Got the benefit of VAR decisions for the first half, except the pen, couldn’t tell whether it was or not but from what I hear it was one of those I hate seeing given, where the attacker deliberately makes contact and falls over as if it was a foul when in fact it’s a con. Nice to see Tav show his sporting side by missing it handsomely 🤣

They inevitably went ahead though and while we took the game to them for about 10 mins, the only thing we had to show for it was a Montano shot straight at Butland.

Most interesting aspect of the game was Penrice v McAusland in the first half. Terrific duel and if I’m honest McAusland probably edged it, he was a threat throughout the first half but Penners stuck to the task manfully.

I think the second pen was harsh but that type of handball is always given these days and the goal ended any chance we had of salvaging anything, not that we really threatened to do so but if it had remained 1-0 who knows, maybe we would have.

If I heard right, the next home game is Ross County, if we don’t drop away from them when we play away at StM while they host Killie, that could be the chance to get back on track.

Liviforever likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:03 pm

Yeh,not much to add to that.We hardly laid a glove on them,but il put that down to the quality we were up against.Dissapointing on a bitterly cold day even though I had my thermals on🥶🤣.We're going to have to roll up our collective sleeves up to get ourselves out of this.And an international break coming to boot,and we know what we're like after those,God help us🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Okay so he surprised me with the starting line up… he also surprised me when he subbed Noobs…he never usually takes him off. Guthrie and Anderson showed some decent signs of being able to link up if we are up against one of the other 9 non-Glasgow sides; I’d like to see that given a try because Noobs has been ineffective for months & was largely a passenger again today. If he brings his A-game he is more than a handful but he hasn’t since before last Christmas.

I thought we played better than we did recently but we were always second best. Got the benefit of VAR decisions for the first half, except the pen, couldn’t tell whether it was or not but from what I hear it was one of those I hate seeing given, where the attacker deliberately makes contact and falls over as if it was a foul when in fact it’s a con. Nice to see Tav show his sporting side by missing it handsomely 🤣

They inevitably went ahead though and while we took the game to them for about 10 mins, the only thing we had to show for it was a Montano shot straight at Butland.

Most interesting aspect of the game was Penrice v McAusland in the first half. Terrific duel and if I’m honest McAusland probably edged it, he was a threat throughout the first half but Penners stuck to the task manfully.

I think the second pen was harsh but that type of handball is always given these days and the goal ended any chance we had of salvaging anything, not that we really threatened to do so but if it had remained 1-0 who knows, maybe we would have.

If I heard right, the next home game is Ross County, if we don’t drop away from them when we play away at StM while they host Killie, that could be the chance to get back on track.

Good summary Nick, first pen was a dive, 2nd one a high arm making it an easy decision.

Agree with you about Guthrie, been saying for a while now i'd like to see him and Anderson as a front 2, also would rather MacKay got a chance on the wing than Nouble playing there, MacKay gives us pace to get in behind defenders.

Thought Guthrie won most of his headers, and the ones he didn't he at least pressured so Sevco defenders didn't get full contact on them to clear properly. Surprised me how well he did with close control on the ball too, whereas Nouble had an easy take under no pressure and it hit off his thigh and went to an opposition player.

Brilliant slide rule pass for Dessers goal, but a tad fortunate after Kelly made a great challenge on him, and the deflection wrong footed Shamal to trundle into our net.

I'd written off our last 2 November games, but after seeing St Mirren gubbed 4-0 by Dundee i think we should be looking to take something from them in our next game, which would set us up nicely for December.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:53 pm

Yeah, their eventual opener was a nae luck moment for us; Kelly does superbly to catch Dessers and get the block on the shot; George has come out to narrow the angle and probably saves it if it doesn’t get deflected by Kelly’s block. He looked suspect at the first offside goal as it looked like an easy catch but presumably Dessers in the offside position was blocking his view of it and thus was interfering with play and explains why he made a bit of a hash of it but the right decision was made.

St Mirren can’t possibly be 4 goals worse than Dundee so I wouldn’t read too much into that result, rumours that they had an illness running through the club last week too; however we should always be looking to get something from a match with them, regardless of how good or bad they have been.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:14 am

Who would have thought this time last year that the fans would be looking for Nouble to be dropped and Guthrie to pair with Anderson. Aye, it's a funny old game.

Hard luck on us to go bottom of the league the day before we play The Rangers. It's going to be an uphill task now to get back up. When you're down where we are it's often fine margins and luck that determine outcomes.

Re the game yesterday we never really looked like taking anything from it. At least it wasn't 6-0. 🐑 😏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:37 pm

orco wrote:Who would have thought this time last year that the fans would be looking for Nouble to be dropped and Guthrie to pair with Anderson. Aye, it's a funny old game.

Hard luck on us to go bottom of the league the day before we play The Rangers. It's going to be an uphill task now to get back up. When you're down where we are it's often fine margins and luck that determine outcomes.

Re the game yesterday we never really looked like taking anything from it. At least it wasn't 6-0. 🐑 😏

And Obileye being our saviour in defence. Laughing
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:35 pm

Liviforever wrote: And Obileye being our saviour in defence. Laughing

Aye, nae pressure on the guy like. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content