The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Afro
BasilF
orco
Achilles
Lothiangamer
Durnford
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
mozam76
LiviCub
16 posters

Annan vs. Livi

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Annan vs. Livi - Page 3 Empty Re: Annan vs. Livi

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:What a disgrace. We can't even draw with mickey mouse part-timers anymore.

What do you mean anymore, they put us out a cup last season too.

At least we could nick draws against Peterhead, Albion and Stranraer earlier in the season.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Anyone see the tweet quickly deleted by our Twitter account? I think whoever runs it still doesn't know how to switch the account they're tweeting on Annan vs. Livi - Page 3 Laugh

WHat did it say?

Was something about the "Dumb beat mafia".

The next tweet was "Livi subs - McKenna & Mullen on for Mensing & Keaghan.1-0 up." even though we were 3-1 down...
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Not entirely surprised; we have been very poor for a few weeks now although I thought our fightback last week could have been a turning point it has actually just been paper over the cracks.

Our cup form has been awful for years, even getting to the Petrofac final this season was hard work except for beating the Hearts youth team (can only play what is in front of you but the result flattered to deceive).

Prior to the match I thought Annan were still at the bottom end of their division but they are now mid table so must be on a decent run of form; still no excuse though.

I am now prepared to stick my neck out & say that without the "distraction" of the cup we will struggle to get a play-off place....of the relegation variety, I mean.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:What a disgrace. We can't even draw with mickey mouse part-timers anymore.

At least we could nick draws against Peterhead, Albion and Stranraer earlier in the season.

We had Gallagher in defence back then, we've been shocking since his injury. Another 3 goals conceded today, that's the dif as we at least scored a couple. Can't afford to be leaking as many goals as this.

On a positive note (difficult I know) we seem to have got the gremlin off our back and are scoring goals. Need to get our defence sorted pronto. Will be interested in views from folk that were at the game as to who was to blame for the goals. If it was Sives then get him out, if Mensing then he has an excuse from being back from injury. Sooner Gallagher is back in the better though..
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Well well well. Played some really good stuff for the first 15 minutes, bagged a goal and looked threatening. All of a sudden, we stopped playing, gave away a cheap free kick and was nicely finished. 1-1...

The boys went to sleep for the next hour and Annan deserved to be 2-1 up at half time and then 3-1 in the second half. Was terrible viewing as we just punted the ball up to Jordan white who is fucking horse shit in the air for being like 6ft7... We got a goal back in a goal mouth scramble but never believed we could get back in it. The team are fucking woeful, possibly the worst livi team since we were relegated from the SPL.

Positives were that Mensing was back and looked solid. Gallagher was on the bench. Mullen and Robertson looked well up for it when they came on. Gary Glen again put in a shift and a half.

Other than that I'd be kicking the rest of the boys up the arse until next Saturday.

We WILL get relegated if we do not change either our style of play, or our manager
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Agree with most of that. I couldn't believe how bad we got after Annan scored, having looked so much better than them for the first 15 minutes.

Galabank really is our bogie ground and Weatherston never fails to score against us no matter what team he is playing for. The combination of the two proved lethal. We still have never won there in about 4 attempts. It's a narrow tight wee place with an artificial pitch but that really shouldn't make a difference.

I don't grudge Annan their win because they worked hard for it while we just seemed to be all at sea. However I think we would have seen them off at home if we had got the draw. I will be interested to see the footage of the game because to me McKenna went down inside the box when we were given a free kick outside and there seemed to be a blatant hand ball in the box near the end. I'd also like to see the Hippolyte disallowed goal again too, to see how he was offside.

Very disappointing day.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Anyone who was there shed any light on what went on between Talbot and DJ? Sounds like handbags after one of their goals.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:43 pm

They were having a go at each other last week after a goal went in too...not on each other's Christmas Card list methinks.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Seemed as if Talbot had a pop at DJ for letting the 2nd slip through his hands. That's now twice in 3 weeks DJ has messed up, but let's not forget all the times over the last year and a half he's saved our shoddy defence. As if talbot can have a go at anyone this season. The boys utter mince! He's another one who needs to step up this season, we know he can do so much better but hasn't shown it at all.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:53 am

Talbot was angry because the ball appeared to slip through DJ's hands. He then pushed DJ who pushed him back and the wee stramash continued till it was stopped. They were both lucky not to be booked. All of it was right in front of the fans behind the goals who at Galabank are very close to play.

Talbot was out of order. A team wins or loses together on the field leaving recriminations till after the game. It was not nice to witness and just put the tin hat on a disaster of a match. Neutral
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 am

Talbot should never play for the first team again. No leadership material; rash challenges that on another day would have led to a straight red; having a go at other players and ignoring his continual "posted missing" status. How he manages to keep the likes of Rutherford; Cook and Moffat out of the team?

As for Mensing being back; their third goal was a typical Mensing foul-up. That being said his leadership in the defence had been much missed. Unfortunately his headers tend to always balloon into the air and were won almost entirely by their players.

Why am I so angry? For the first 20 minutes we were immense (by our standards) ; moving the ball around on the ground; passing to the man; continually cutting swathes through their defence; if we'd been 3-0 up I don't think it would have flattered us. We allow them to draw level against the run of play albeit a well taken goal and our heads go down; we abandon passing the ball along the ground and resort to hoofing it aimlessly up field. The only of our players who continued to try and play football was Keaghan Jacobs - the rest ran around a lot like headless chickens with the exception of White who only seemed to break into a trot when there was no alternative.

All of the substitutes seemed to do well however - maybe they felt they had something to prove?
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:56 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

We had Gallagher in defence back then, we've been shocking since his injury. Another 3 goals conceded today, that's the dif as we at least scored a couple. Can't afford to be leaking as many goals as this.

On a positive note (difficult I know) we seem to have got the gremlin off our back and are scoring goals. Need to get our defence sorted pronto. Will be interested in views from folk that were at the game as to who was to blame for the goals. If it was Sives then get him out, if Mensing then he has an excuse from being back from injury. Sooner Gallagher is back in the better though..
    I will answer your question on who was to blame for the goals mate. DJ and it's not the first time this season. People are quick to have a go at Talbot for him pulling up DJ but imo he was quite right. From the very first day of the season this guy has cost us points and it has to stop. He should be dropped for our next game and the young lad Grant should be given a chance. Felt sorry for all the outfield players yesterday as they were playing some really good football and then the keeper does not line up his wall properly and we lose a goal. Then the next goal is really unforgivable ......wait to you see it on the highlights. Totally killed us , yes he makes some great saves but he makes massive changers too that are costing us points and yesterday cost us our place in the cup. Grant must be given a chance as if DJ had not made these mistakes then we would still be in the cup.
    BasilF

Post by BasilF Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 am

Smithy wrote:I will answer your question on who was to blame for the goals mate. DJ and it's not the first time this season. People are quick to have a go at Talbot for him pulling up DJ but imo he was quite right. From the very first day of the season this guy has cost us points and it has to stop. He should be dropped for our next game and the young lad Grant should be given a chance. Felt sorry for all the outfield players yesterday as they were playing some really good football and then the keeper does not line up his wall properly and we lose a goal. Then the next goal is really unforgivable ......wait to you see it on the highlights. Totally killed us , yes he makes some great saves but he makes massive changers too that are costing us points and yesterday cost us our place in the cup. Grant must be given a chance as if DJ had not made these mistakes then we would still be in the cup.

Complete rubbish. If someone fouled up at my work and I started pushing them about I'd end up out on my ear very quickly. Pushing someone around is no way to motivate them even in the playground; but it is a very good way to start a fight. Starting a fight with one of your own players can end a number of ways and none of them good - I think it shows remarkable restraint on Jamieson's part that he didn't lamp the wee ned.

I agree that he didn't save the "shot" but likewise if our defence had been doing its job they should never have been allowed in that position. You can hardly blame him for the fact that time and again we failed to shut them down and keep the ball away from their forwards. That is actually meant to be their job after all.

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 am

orco wrote:Talbot was angry because the ball appeared to slip through DJ's hands. He then pushed DJ who pushed him back and the wee stramash continued till it was stopped. They were both lucky not to be booked. All of it was right in front of the fans behind the goals who at Galabank are very close to play.

Talbot was out of order. A team wins or loses together on the field leaving recriminations till after the game. It was not nice to witness and just put the tin hat on a disaster of a match. Neutral

Cheers, hopefully McGlynn kicked him up the arse in the dressing room.

Might be time to give Talbot a game or two on the bench. Give Rutherford or someone else a shot at LB.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I've mentioned it a few times, Rutherford is a better defender than Talbot at LB but going forward he isn't as good. We have to get a balance of defence and attack but now it is our defence that is our biggest problem just now.

DJ has made some clangers in goal that have cost us games, he's also made some saves that have got us points, his mistakes look easy saves so don't know how he's making them, he needs to cut them out of his game though or it will cost him.

Funnily enough I went to a reserve game a couple of seasons ago and was wondering why DJ wasn't getting in our first team, then a long ball was lobbed towards him and he fluffed it into his own net. Much like he did dropping the ball against Hibs, maybe it's a flaw in his game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:30 pm

We're an enigma this season, read a few posts on this thread saying our heads went down after they scored but we've come back from 2 goals down in games and earlier in the season I really wasn't bothered if we went a goal down as we always had a bit about us to keep on going and get back into a game. Yesterday we go a goal up and lose heart when they equalise, it is bewildering!

Can't blame McGlynn for the hoofball either if we started off playing well and descended into hoofball after 20 mins of playing a good passing game.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:49 pm

About 30 seconds in for DJ and Talbot's pushing match... poor goal to concede.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Holy feck that 2nd goal was a right blunder, was hit straight at DJ. The handbags is from Talbot laying his hands on DJ when he was on the ground, by all means have a go at him verbally but shouldn't have pushed him when he was getting back up. I don't think DJ did particularly well for any of their goals, they all looked pretty soft when you think of some of the ones he's saved in games. Bad day in goals for him.

3rd goal showed Mensing's pace up but Sives was the player that should've been picking up the guy that scored so has to take the blame for that one more than Mensing. Noticed Sives was level with him when the ball was hit up the pitch. Crap goal to lose though, lump up the park from defence, straight route one football that we got caught out with.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Liviforever wrote:Holy feck that 2nd goal was a right blunder, was hit straight at DJ. The handbags is from Talbot laying his hands on DJ when he was on the ground, by all means have a go at him verbally but shouldn't have pushed him when he was getting back up. I don't think DJ did particularly well for any of their goals, they all looked pretty soft when you think of some of the ones he's saved in games. Bad day in goals for him.

3rd goal showed Mensing's pace up but Sives was the player that should've been picking up the guy that scored so has to take the blame for that one more than Mensing. Noticed Sives was level with him when the ball was hit up the pitch. Crap goal to lose though, lump up the park from defence, straight route one football that we got caught out with.
    told you mate,cost us our place in the cup and points in the league. Time for young Grant to be given his chance.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Holy feck that 2nd goal was a right blunder, was hit straight at DJ. The handbags is from Talbot laying his hands on DJ when he was on the ground, by all means have a go at him verbally but shouldn't have pushed him when he was getting back up. I don't think DJ did particularly well for any of their goals, they all looked pretty soft when you think of some of the ones he's saved in games. Bad day in goals for him.

told you mate,cost us our place in the cup and points in the league. Time for young Grant to be given his chance.

All 3 were soft efforts that should've been saved. First looked about 35 yards out and no way should you concede from there, like you say the wall wasn't set up properly too. 2nd was simply headed right at him and he put it into his own net. 3rd even was from outside the box as I don't think the guy had it in him to keep on going with his run so just poked it towards goal and DJ should've saved it. Actually surprised he hadn't moved off his line to narrow the angle.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:28 pm

BasilF wrote:
    Smithy wrote:I will answer your question on who was to blame for the goals mate. DJ and it's not the first time this season. People are quick to have a go at Talbot for him pulling up DJ but imo he was quite right. From the very first day of the season this guy has cost us points and it has to stop. He should be dropped for our next game and the young lad Grant should be given a chance. Felt sorry for all the outfield players yesterday as they were playing some really good football and then the keeper does not line up his wall properly and we lose a goal. Then the next goal is really unforgivable ......wait to you see it on the highlights. Totally killed us , yes he makes some great saves but he makes massive changers too that are costing us points and yesterday cost us our place in the cup. Grant must be given a chance as if DJ had not made these mistakes then we would still be in the cup.

Complete rubbish. If someone fouled up at my work and I started pushing them about I'd end up out on my ear very quickly. Pushing someone around is no way to motivate them even in the playground; but it is a very good way to start a fight. Starting a fight with one of your own players can end a number of ways and none of them good - I think it shows remarkable restraint on Jamieson's part that he didn't lamp the wee ned.

I agree that he didn't save the "shot" but likewise if our defence had been doing its job they should never have been allowed in that position. You can hardly blame him for the fact that time and again we failed to shut them down and keep the ball away from their forwards. That is actually meant to be their job after all.

basil football is not like your job or mine mate, it's completely different for many reasons. I'm sure you don't have hundreds of people shouting abuse at you or cheering from the sidelines as you do your work . So imo Jason was quite correct to have a go at DJ as what he had just done was horrendous. If you want to be pedantic about football being similar working conditions to every other jobs then ,I'm sorry to say that DJ would have sacked by now he has made so many mistakes that have cost the club points and money. We need winners in our team and I'm afraid that DJ does not cut it for me any more , this was just one mistake too far for Talbot and also for me.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Tell you what, that looks a penalty near the end of the highlights, their player runs right into ours and takes him out just inside the box.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Tell you what, that looks a penalty near the end of the highlights, their player runs right into ours and takes him out just inside the box.
    just came on to post exactly the same mate but you beat me to it. I thought so at the game but the highlights just con firmed it. Also why no highlights of the offside goal by Hippo as I thought he was miles onside. We wuz robbed I tell ye.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Do you mean the incident where we are given a free kick outside the box? Presumably not given because the officials thought it was outside the box? While I grant you the angle of the highlights seem to suggest it was inside it is impossible to be sure; the officials were closer than the camera & there don't seem to be too many protests demanding a pen which would suggest that our guys didn't think it was inside either.

I see the OCS has the gaul to call this a giant-killing...while technically we are a bigger club than them to call us a "giant" is a bit much.

Also; if we are such a big club...how come little Annan can get amber shirts while we have to make do with yellow?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

just came on to post exactly the same mate but you beat me to it. I thought so at the game but the highlights just con firmed it. Also why no highlights of the offside goal by Hippo as I thought he was miles onside. We wuz robbed I tell ye.

Doesn't look as if we were as bad as I thought, had a few decent chances and those two dodgy ref decisions have prob cost us too. Looks like our cup luck ran out. Ultimately DJ's bad keeping did for us, wouldn't call for him to be dumped just yet though, he's had a lot of good games too and would say he's still better than the likes of McNeil and Bullock who kept their No1 spots after some howlers.

I'll wait until after the Alloa, Dumbarton, and Cowden games before I hit the panic button, those 3 games will be crucial on where we'll be in the table.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:08 am