The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
LiviLion
Smithy
Auld Nick
Edward snowdon
mozam76
spiggle
Liviforever
Lexi Collector
Achilles
LiviCub
14 posters

Falkirk v Livi

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Falkirk v Livi Empty Falkirk v Livi

Post by LiviCub Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:37 am

Coming up aganist a team who are unbeaten in 6 league games albeit they've only won two of them against Alloa and Hearts. We should have nothing to fear against this lot based on the games against Hearts but can't afford any more pussy footing, points are what we're needing and not glorious defeats.

With three players suspended, I think Burchill will start with this:

DJ

Dycey Sives Gallagher Rutherford

Mullen Keghan Bobo Glen

White Ibra

Why not, 3-0 Livi. FG 20 mins.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Falkirk v Livi Empty Re: Falkirk v Livi

Post by Achilles Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:53 am

Got to win this one. We need points desperately now
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:57 pm

3-0 as well.

To Falkirk.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Quite optimistic for this one, with Ibra's addition we've got a decent player up front who adds something we didn't have before. We've got a guy that will cause defenders problems and will win a fair amount of balls played into spaces, White should also get more service with Ibra taking players away from him.

The usual question mark over whether we can take our chances right enough, hopefully we will.

Optimistic 2-1 Livi. FG:12 mins.

Mon the Amber Machine.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:36 am

The last game at Grangemouth was the most god awful game of what I laughingly refer to football that I have ever witnessed.

If we are only slightly better than that game, we'll beat Falkirk.

We need to get some points and we've faired well under Burchill without a lot of luck, time for that to change, 2-0 to the Amber Machine FG 28 mins
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:15 pm

Would take a draw right now.

1-1 fgs 18 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Any opinions on the starting 11, we've several players coming back from injuries and vying for places after signing in Jan.

Read Donaldson and Glen played the other day against Raith, think that means Glen will start. Pittman also played in that game so may well get a longer sub appearance, or even a start.

With Kyle, Praprotnik and Talbot suspended some fringe players may get a chance here, would think Rutherford will be in at LB.

My guess would be DJ

Dycey.....Gallagher......Sives......Rutherford

Mullen.....O'Brien....Keaghan.....Glen

...............Ibra.....White

I think we'll see sub appearances from Pittman, Donaldson, McKenna, Beaumont and perhaps Hippo.

Would think Beaumont will come on for O'Brien as he tires, McKenna for Mullen, Donaldson for Dycey late on (to give him some game time), Pittman for Glen (again as he tires, due to lack of fitness). Depending on how we're doing Hippo for Ibra or Keaghan (both run their arses off).
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Dont want to ruin you day but in football you can only make 3 subs during the period of one game

Last edited by Edward snowdon on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Aye LF, have you been at the glue again???  2-0 Falkirk. FG 10 mins.

Pretty sure the line up for this game proves LF was sniffing something! jocolor

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm

I think by sub appearances he meant 'on the bench'. At least I hope so!
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 pm

With Cole signed up (and depending on his fitness), I have a feeling Burchill may start with three at the back with him, Sives and Gallagher.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:I think by sub appearances he meant 'on the bench'. At least I hope so!

I would normally have thought so too...but he has even lined up which players they all replace....I definitely think he's been at the glue again.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Liviforever, you been smoking the funny fags again?!

I'm gonna take the trip the along to this. I don't think we'll do particularly well, or anything I just fancy an away trip. Mon the Amber Machine.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:04 am

Nope, don't smoke or  do solvents, do enough self abuse supporting Livi.

See you behind the goals tomorrow bud. Mon the Amber Machine.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:24 am

Will we be behind the goals or will we be shoved into the main stand again? Last time I was there with EL, and the away section was more or less full, think some Livi fans had to go in the home end.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 am

LF normally talks a lot of sense,but some how don't think the SPFL will allow us to make 5 subs lol
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Would fancy us to take something based on our games against Hearts, but you never know with us.

1-1, FG 39 mins.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 pm

2-1Livi FG 17mins
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:58 pm

1-2 Livi. FG 30 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Good to see Glen back in the team. Him, Mullen, White and Sekajja all starting could be dangerous, still with Hippo on the bench.

Shortly after posting this Falkirk score, bastard.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:59 pm

For a creative centre midfielder Keegan has been awful today. Missing the energy of kyle though today and yet Keegan gets all the plaudits. Mullen looking lost and Glen not in it. Falkirk have Sibbald doing all the creative play that we sadly don't have.
    Have noticed that a lot of our team seem to be constantly looking where the opposing player is instead of concentrating on there own game. Hopefully second half is an improvement as we really need a point at least.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:54 pm

Worst game of the season and there were plenty of contenders for the title beforehand but this tops the lot.

Started off horrifically and clearly they had a game plan to expose our pish full back in Callum Fordyce, someone knock Burchill some sense and tell him that he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up. He simply isn't a professional footballer and should be playing in the seaside leagues next season. Cheap goals to give away and that set the tone for the rest of the game. We gave away the ball cheaply, lacked any urgency and don't look like a team wanting to get out of this wank of a mess.

The fact that Jamie MacDonald didn't make a single save in 90 mins sums it all up. Let's enjoy being a laughing stock while we can.

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:32 pm

LiviCub wrote:He simply isn't a professional footballer and should be playing in the seaside leagues next season.

If he's with us he probably will be.

6 points behind Alloa and Cowden now, dire stuff.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Can't believe I wasted money going to see that shite. I can accept being second best to a superior team as long as we put a shift in but it was laughable today. Fordyce and Rutherford are never Championship-standard full-backs. Sives and Gallagher were all over the shop for their goals, but I'll give Gallagher due, he is the best player in this side by a mile and was trying to get us back into it until the end. O'Brien offered little by way of vocal encouragement as captain; granted, in his first spell as captain 10 years ago he could actually lead the side through footballing ability alone but he's nowhere near as effective in front of the back four without Kyle beside him. Glen and Ibra were never in the game, and as for White, feel sorry for the guy. I think he'd be a good player in League 1 but he seems to lack an edge in most games and his miss from the rebound (which I think was MacDonald's only save) was horrendous.

The Alloa result is a nightmare for us and I can't see us getting out of this. I'd take 9th now, I think if we snuck in there come the end of the season the resulting bounce would see us safe.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Its the fact that the players don't even acknowledge how unacceptable that was. No apologies to the fans t full-time, no applause to the fans for spending time/money on them, nothing on Twitter from them. A bunch of utter imposters this lot, and they can all GTF. Every one of them. Burchill can fuck anaw. I wasn't even surprised or angry during the match, I spent most of laughing and joking with my mates about how utter pish they actually are.

Pass marks today: McKenna and Hippolyte, just fucking start them. I feel sorry for White and I'm sure he's a nice boy, but aye, he's rank. Keags and Gallagher are ridiculously overrated, they were absolutely appalling today. Fordyce is a non-league player. Glenn not interested, Jamieson not interested, Sekajja completely anonymous, as was Rutherford. Sives wasn't horrendous, but he ain't a championship player. If we stay up I'll be stunned, because we are a terrible football team.

A load of absolute fuck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 pm