The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Contemporary
Achilles
cptn_hooch
orco
LiviCub
forzalfc
Durnford
Afro
Smithy
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
sunderland
EdinburghLivi
19 posters

Pre-Season Friendlies

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Pre-Season Friendlies - Page 5 Empty Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:43 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:There was a row of young lads there that didn't look that familiar and they seemed more interested in discussing Facebook, farting, girls and mocking any songs the "choir" tried to sing.

Sounds like a slightly more civil version of what I chat about at the games, tbh.

Yeah but we all know you're just a well educated big daft laddie geek
    orco
    orco

Pre-Season Friendlies - Page 5 Empty Volunteers Needed This Saturday

Post by orco Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:41 pm

The Trust has received a request from Gordon Ford to help move the Pitch covers from the side of the pitch to underneath the office block this Saturday, 18 July 10am.

Gordon is looking for approximately 10 people. If you can help, please email Jane at volunteers@liviforlife.com

Please note the covers are covered in water and a change of clothing or waterproofs will be required.

Read more: http://livifc.boards.net/thread/971/volunteers-needed-saturday-18th-july#ixzz3g9EsUf66
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Three hardy souls turned up. Well done them.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Made it to the Motherwell game went along mainly to see the new players for the first time, game was a usual friendly although I did not think there was much between the teams despite loosing 2 nil.
    Thought our best players were Longridge, Pittman, Neill and the trialist Fabio. Disappointed with Hippo a bit and White didn't really get the service. Thought Mullen had improved, DJ needs to get his kicks right. Currie looks a prospect but think he was playing out of position, Sherrin still looks as if he needs to loose a few pounds but was willing to put himself about a bit. Having said that we had a good first half and our team is still gelling. Will see how we do next week against Clyde.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Motherwell were clinical with their 2 chances, good finishes although they were a bit lucky with the first mugging us with that long ball. Their 2nd goal was a really good finish but we gave him the chance to shoot and didn't close him down or get a block on his shot. Wouldn't mind Ainsworth in our team, think he was the difference between the sides today.

Some comic cut moments after that in defence when DJ had to go for a bad pass back and this time we got a bit lucky they never got a 3rd, and his getting caught in no mans land outside his box when he committed himself to getting the ball, again we got lucky.

That aside thought we did okay defensively for most of the game esp in the first half, passed the ball well but as usual struggled in the final third when we only play 1 up front, leaving White to chase around himself trying to get the ball. Def need 2 up front in games if we want to score goals.

A couple of the Motherwell players were very quick and good at getting in behind us, which was good for our players, being tested against better opposition than they'll face in the league games, good work out for them.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 am

Friendly against Mothwerwell highlights

https://youtu.be/cy1Ll5-oRD0
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 am

Regarding the game v Motherwell thought we looked ok for the first half, nothing brilliant but ok and held our own.

Second half and the video of the game shows it , there was slack passing creeping into the game one from Gibbons which we got away with but the one from Longridge caused the second goal. Also Pittman lost his man just inside his own half when maybe a challenge even if it led to a foul would have helped and we lost the first goal from it.

Hopefully we sign the big trialist it's as we really need his experience in centre mid. Also agree with LF we are better with a front two as Whire did well yesterday and linked play up well but he was having to come far too deep to get the ball . We need some good old fashioned wing play a lefty on the left and a right sided player on the right crosses into the danger areas and let's see what the strikers can do. Must be showing my age with comments like this lol.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:14 am

Smithy who are you because I've yet to see you post anything detrimental towards White yet you and at least one other poster sing his praises constantly even setting up match stats too try to justify how amazing he is . White held up play and linked well but needs better service is a theme running through your posts yet when he fluffs chances nothing said. Even shown on highlights from the throw in whilst still 0-0 he snatched it with a terrible effort and so far the BMW machine you profess about has only scored 1 goal in our pre season games and that's Buchanon who for me already is our number 1 striker.
    PS I don't want to know who you are fairly obvious you are something to do with White
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 am

Edward snowdon wrote:Smithy who are you because I've yet to see you post anything detrimental towards White yet you and at least one other poster sing his praises constantly even setting up match stats too try to justify how amazing he is . White held up play and linked well but needs better service is a theme running through your posts yet when he fluffs chances nothing said. Even shown on highlights from the throw in whilst still 0-0 he snatched it with a terrible effort and so far the BMW machine you profess about has only scored 1 goal in our pre season games and that's Buchanon who for me already is our number 1 striker.
    PS I don't want to know who you are fairly obvious you are something to do with White

I only say it as I see it

My Ive really rattled your cage and don't know why, of course he needs more service a blind man can see that. Oh and that same guy can see you don't like the big man, tough cos I do and will stick by my opinion.

Of course I like White, imo he is the one of the best players at the club and his record shows it, just like your post shows you must have an agenda against him.

If you read my post after the Dunfermline game you would notice that I felt that Buchanan Played well and could form a good partnership with White.

Free speech and all that......

So who are You then ??
    Are you the new "Free speech prevention officer for Livingston FC"

Funny I didn't see the post advertised, when did you get the job or was it a hush hush inside appointment that wasn't advertised?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Jordan White is class.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Jordan White is class.

Yes, just not top class, at least not yet. Given time & good coaching he might be.

ES; I may be wrong here but if Smithy is the same Smithy that used to frequent the dear departed Livilions forum then he has been around for a lot longer than White & has always said it as he sees it; he's not always right IMO but he always gives an honest opinion.

IMO White has potential but needs more consistency & better service but on form he is a handful for any defence in our league.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 pm

I couldn't make it but I'm unsure why this wasn't advertised on the website and social media.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:28 am

Anyone heading to Bo'ness on Monday night? Might take a trip up for something a bit different, can't see us playing a full strength side but it'd be good to see us score a few goals before Saturday.

£2 entry according to Twitter, bargain.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:00 am

I don't think we can read too much into these pre season games, and I'm not just saying that because we haven't scored in our last 3 games, I wasn't basing my opinion on us scoring goals after the Stenny game either. It really is about fitness, getting sharp, and trying things out rather than what the results are.
    Also our last 2 games have been against better teams than Championship level, which is good for our players.

I'd expect White and Buchanan paired up front against Clyde and al our Championship games apart from Hibs and Sevco, can see Burchill being more defensive against those two and just putting 1 up front to try and grind out a result of sorts. Although at home I'd still prefer to see him setting us out to win even against Hibs and Sevco.

We'll surely have more of the ball against Clyde too which should provide us with more opportunities of getting the ball into the box, that's my theory anyway. I'm still pretty optimistic about this season, and the BMW machine.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 am

Afro wrote:Anyone heading to Bo'ness on Monday night? Might take a trip up for something a bit different, can't see us playing a full strength side but it'd be good to see us score a few goals before Saturday.

£2 entry according to Twitter, bargain.

Doubt i'll head along to this game but wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Sheerin and Duckrell (if fit) getting a run out here. Would like to see the fringe players play to give them all the 90 mins and avoid risking injuries to any of our starting 11.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 am

Edward snowdon wrote:Smithy who are you because I've yet to see you post anything detrimental towards White yet you and at least one other poster sing his praises constantly even setting up match stats too try to justify how amazing he is . White held up play and linked well but needs better service is a theme running through your posts yet when he fluffs chances nothing said. Even shown on highlights from the throw in whilst still 0-0 he snatched it with a terrible effort and so far the BMW machine you profess about has only scored 1 goal in our pre season games and that's Buchanon who for me already is our number 1 striker.

Agreed, he dreams of White... As far as I see it, White is no more than a bit part player. I have seen people say he might get better i
    with expeince/age, I doubt it. Hopefully he does though, he might develop into the role like last season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Wouldn't say he was a bit part player, not for us anyway, he was our top goal scorer and did well in games where we passed the ball through the midfield and had 2 up front.

High balls up to White isn't going to get much joy but giving him the ball to his feet and having players up supporting him will get the best out of him.

Hopefully we'll get a decent partnership with Buchanan and White. I've been impressed with the difference I've seen in Mullen pre season too, I think he will be an important player for us this season, seems to be better at staying on his feet and has at last got awareness of players positions.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Nanananananananananaaaaa
    Jordan Jordan White
    Jordan White
    Jordan Jordan White!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Achilles wrote:Nanananananananananaaaaa
    Jordan Jordan White
    Jordan White
    Jordan Jordan White!

Hattrick for the big man.

HT 4-1 Livi.

5-1 Currie. A wee goal fest to round off the pre season before taking on Clyde, luvvly jubbly.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Sheerin missed from the spot
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Achilles wrote:Nanananananananananaaaaa
    Jordan Jordan White
    Jordan White
    Jordan Jordan White!

I agree with this.

There's only 1 big shags.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 am

Good run out for a lot of the younger boys against a physical Bo'ness side, well taken hat-trick from Shagz which won't do his confidence any harm. Jordyn Sheerin on the other hand... I think there is such a thing as trying too hard. Can't fault the guy for effort overall because by all accounts he wants to succeed at this level more than anything, but he still looks a stone overweight and he spurned a good few chances tonight. Had a cutback from White first half and couldn't get his feet sorted from 5 yards out, same again second half from a free-kick routine. Could just tell he was going to miss the penalty because he was desperate to score. Didn't help Bo'ness fans were getting on his back but if he's struggling against a Junior team then he'll have a big problems at the likes of Ibrox. On the plus side, thought some of his hold up play was good and he did set up two of the goals unless I'm mistaken. Hopefully his determination coupled with guidance from Burchill and Buchanan will get the best out of him.

Defence was a bit shaky at times I thought, horrendous back pass from Neill for their goal but that said, Bo'ness never really looked like scoring save for some speculative efforts. Gordon looked the real deal at CB, couple of solid last-ditch challenges, clean as you like and timed to perfection. Could be a good player for us this year.

Ryan Currie was MOTM for me though, great skill set he has and if he gets a good chance this season I think he'll really kick on. Got caught in possession a few times and could've been a bit more decisive on the counter but he's still a young laddie and he'll learn from it. Quite impressed overall with the performance but how it translates to success in competitive games will be the real test.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:00 am

Good run out for a lot of the younger boys against a physical Bo'ness side, well taken hat-trick from Shagz which won't do his confidence any harm. Jordyn Sheerin on the other hand... I think there is such a thing as trying too hard. Can't fault the guy for effort overall because by all accounts he wants to succeed at this level more than anything, but he still looks a stone overweight and he spurned a good few chances tonight. Had a cutback from White first half and couldn't get his feet sorted from 5 yards out, same again second half from a free-kick routine. Could just tell he was going to miss the penalty because he was desperate to score. Didn't help Bo'ness fans were getting on his back but if he's struggling against a Junior team then he'll have a big problems at the likes of Ibrox. On the plus side, thought some of his hold up play was good and he did set up two of the goals unless I'm mistaken. Hopefully his determination coupled with guidance from Burchill and Buchanan will get the best out of him.

Defence was a bit shaky at times I thought, horrendous back pass from Neill for their goal but that said, Bo'ness never really looked like scoring save for some speculative efforts. Gordon looked the real deal at CB, couple of solid last-ditch challenges, clean as you like and timed to perfection. Could be a good player for us this year.

Ryan Currie was MOTM for me though, great skill set he has and if he gets a good chance this season I think he'll really kick on. Got caught in possession a few times and could've been a bit more decisive on the counter but he's still a young laddie and he'll learn from it. Quite impressed overall with the performance but how it translates to success in competitive games will be the real test.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:06 am

If the rumour about Gallagher is true and he's out on appeal wanting to sign for a team, either us or Falkirk apparently, then Gordon and Gallagher would make an awesome pairing at the heart of our defence. Really want this to be true and hope it isn't a hoax.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:03 am

Where you hearing this, LF? I dunno if we have room for Gallagher, but I'd certainly have him back. Great player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:50 am