The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Durnford
Auld Nick
LiviLion
orco
Smithy
fanfromday1
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
Contemporary
LiviCub
14 posters

Livi v Raith

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Raith - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Raith

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Well def wasn't a foul on Cuthbert for our first goal, White just out jumped him. Nice touch doing the wee zoom in and highlight on the ball hitting Ben Gordon's arm there. lol!

Their highlights make it look a more even match than it was though
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Ball hit his arm but it wasn't an offence IMO.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:18 pm

Enjoyed the game with the exception of the brain-dead morons near by the DBM old location who chose to booo Myles Hippolyte when he came on.

Bunch of effing tossers; maybe they should go and support sevco - they'd do well together.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Didn't hear anyone booing Hippo, bunch of clowns. You'd think he'd committed a heinous crime the way some of our fans have been going on about him.

Was the same about re signing Gallagher, then Gordon got it for his red card against Morton, next up was Burchill, then White, despite scoring goals and helping us win our last 2 games. At times I really wonder if some of our fans have a clue about football, and are happy when things are not going well so they can have a moan.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:47 pm

I booed him. Does that make me brain dead?
    The guys a c*** and I hope his next shites a hedgehog

When we are so badly struggling on the pitch and financially, do we really need dicks like him stealing a wage?

The first game against rangers he "couldn't be bothered" according to Moses snapchat.
    He gets himself sent off needlessly in a very winnable game against Dumbarton because he's a little kid who didn't get his own way.
    Then the snapchat incident again going into the Rangers game.

If I'm a moron for not wanting someone like him near my club then so be it. I'd rather have players willing to fight for the badge.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:07 pm

He's been given his punishment for being stupid against Dumbarton and the snapchat thing, get over it.

Absolutely no need to be booing a player who's back playing after serving his ban and stint in the dog house, really ott garbage from some of our fans over all this.

I don't believe for a second he doesn't want to do well for us, yes he has a temperament but that's up to the manager to sort out and if he can't then he'll punt him at the end of the season or even before. Burchill's giving him a chance to get back in the game, the fans should too. You could see he was desperate to get on the end of something against Raith, he was straight in the box at every set piece looking for a chance to score. No taking throw ins either, he was wanting to be on the end of something not taking them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

I heard a small amount of booing and can't say I was surprised by it, not that I agree with it.

I'm with you LF, a total storm in a tea cup. I bet all the boo boys have phoned in sick when they haven't been, stealing a wage or ssp from their employers.

You're absolutely right, he's been punished by being left out totally last week and given the chance to recommit himself. It's done, it's dusted, time to move on.

I would guess he wants to put himself in the "shop window" with some decent performances like he gave in the run in last season. He can be an important player if he knuckles down and I like the unexpected element he brings to the playing style.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm with Achilles on this one.

I was speaking to EL after the game and he told me about the booing, good on any Livi fans who joined in with making their feelings clear. If you take the piss like Hippolyte did, you're taking the piss out of your team-mates with a good attitude, the guys who want to win and the guys fans appreciate. Guys like White and Gallagher and Gibbons - these are guys who deserve credit and support. Guys like Hippolyte who don't try during games, who get ridiculous sending off and cost us games and who say they're happy they can't play in a game deserve to know the fans aren't happy. Because if you take the piss the way he's done, then you take the piss out of the supporters, the guys who pay his wages so he can drive in a fancy Mercedes-Benz. Personally, I'd have joined in with booing - Livingston fans don't boo enough, we're very good to our own players.

If it were up to me Hippolyte would only ever play for Livingston again in the instance of a mad injury/suspension crisis. If you try hard, have a good attitude and want to win, but just aren't good enough then fair enough, thanks for trying. If you have a poor attitude and sulk on the pitch and pick up silly red cards then you can fuck off until you're hounded out by the fans.

Burchill didn't deserve booed, but he needed a rocket up his arse after our poor start to the season, his recent tactics and team selections have been a big improvement.

Guys like White, Gallagher and Gordon don't deserve much criticism, if any, at all.

I think guys with a fantastic attitude like Gibbons deserve more credit.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:40 pm

I think the folk were entitled to boo and to be honest, Hippolyte needs to try and win back the fans after taking the piss in recent weeks as has been said. He was putting himself about well when he came on and if that continues, the nonsense will soon be forgotten.

He's a talented guy but he needs to remember who plucked him from fuck all and gave him a chance to star on national TV several times last season. He'll get a move but only if he shows the form and desire he did at the end of last season. I think Burchill handled the situation very well.

Great performance on Saturday but I still think there's more to come from us. Particularly from the likes of Pittman and Glen in midfield who I don't think have reached their full capability yet. The defence looks a lot better but clearly still room for improvement in terms of communication between them and the keeper. There's not much between the teams below 3rd so there's definitely scope for us to climb up, should we keep the performances up. 9th is a slight danger but again, we won't finish there if we keep playing like that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:58 am

Irrespective of folks opinion of Hippo's recent antics, when he comes on and his own fans boo him all you're doing is working against the team you're meant to be supporting, by getting at him you're affecting his performance in a negative manner, that to me is just plain silly. Even when I see one of our players having a bad game I try and shout out encouragement to him, hate when I hear Livi fans getting on our players backs during a game, it is hardly going to make them play better. Or if it does they'll prob score a goal then tell their own fans to go get it up themselves.

If you think a player isn't pulling his weight then boo him going off the pitch, as happened when he was sent off at Dumbarton, I have no problem with fans doing that.

Personally I think it was all blown out of proportion and it's what he does now that counts, he's a talent and if he applies himself he'll help win us games. We haven't another player in the team who can be as unpredictable as him on the ball, it really causes teams problems.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:11 am

Depends on the quality of opposition really. Against pub teams he can look dangerous for an hour or so but he flatters to deceive IMO. He could leave the club tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid, along with Cole (who I saw on Saturday night, pished and not even dressed up FFS) I'd say he's more or less surplus to requirements. He's looked decent, but only in flashes here and there. Most of the time he's frustrated the life out of me and hasn't looked up to it.

EL makes a fantastic point when he says he needs to remember who took him from fucking nowhere and made him a professional. I don't think he has what it takes to make a living out of playing football. I'm not a fan of his attitude, but I also don't rate his ability - I'd say he's a poor player.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:18 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:

Great performance on Saturday but I still think there's more to come from us. Particularly from the likes of Pittman and Glen in midfield who I don't think have reached their full capability yet. The defence looks a lot better but clearly still room for improvement in terms of communication between them and the keeper. There's not much between the teams below 3rd so there's definitely scope for us to climb up, should we keep the performances up. 9th is a slight danger but again, we won't finish there if we keep playing like that.

I think there is more to come from White, Buchanan and Sheerin too, they are still far from firing on all cylinders and you can see times where a ball could've been squared for a tap it (Buchanan to Glen against Raith)/White to Buchanan against QoS) Once they have formed a good understanding in our attack we could be frightening.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:22 am

Lexi Collector wrote:Depends on the quality of opposition really. Against pub teams he can look dangerous for an hour or so but he flatters to deceive IMO. He could leave the club tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid, along with Cole (who I saw on Saturday night, pished and not even dressed up FFS) I'd say he's more or less surplus to requirements. He's looked decent, but only in flashes here and there. Most of the time he's frustrated the life out of me and hasn't looked up to it.

EL makes a fantastic point when he says he needs to remember who took him from fucking nowhere and made him a professional. I don't think he has what it takes to make a living out of playing football. I'm not a fan of his attitude, but I also don't rate his ability - I'd say he's a poor player.

I think he could score 10 goals in our next 3 games and you'd still be saying that Lexi, he was fantastic for us from the cup final win onwards, incl against Sevco.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:47 am

There's absolutely no chance that'll happen, but if it does I'll eat my words. He's not a player I rate very highly.

I thought he did OK at the end of last season and deserved his MOTM award in the cup final, but at the end of last season our stand out players were White, Keags, Cole, Gallagher and Pittman. Hipployte was on a par with guys like Sives.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Hippolyte has apparently had a short history of having a bad attitude during his career which is why he went from club to club until he arrived here. On his day he can be a threat because he does have a wicked left foot and has good vision but with regards to the booing, how else can he recognise that he's disappointed supporters with the way he's behaved recently? If you look at the other players who are the same age, do you see any similar traits attitude and behaviour wise to Hippolyte?

I certainly don't agree with the fact that some of our 'supporters' were still shouting in rage towards our team when we were 2/3 up but to show anger or at least disappointment for a player who has shown no respect to a club that has given him his first proper chance of making a career is justified. This was his first game after the suspension/snapchat story and I don't think it'll happen again on Saturday or the next home game. I think the matter has closed for at least the majority (supporters and mangement/team) and we'll move on.

Anyway, Declan Gallagher is some player and what I've seen recently is that he's a leader on the park. Never too shy to give a bollocking when required and always the first to encourage and congratulate. Top bloke.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:15 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I think the folk were entitled to boo and to be honest, Hippolyte needs to try and win back the fans after taking the piss in recent weeks as has been said. He was putting himself about well when he came on and if that continues, the nonsense will soon be forgotten.

He's a talented guy but he needs to remember who plucked him from fuck all and gave him a chance to star on national TV several times last season. He'll get a move but only if he shows the form and desire he did at the end of last season. I think Burchill handled the situation very well.

Not to forget we picked him up from Brentford after being kicked out for having a piss poor attitude. He needs to sort his head out and be thankful hes playing for a team like Livingston. If I had been suspended for a game against Rangers which was on live tv id have been gutted. Theres your chance to show a wider audience what you can do and he couldnt give a shit. As long as he gets paid hes alright.
    Thats what pissed me off more than anything, you see so many people desperate to move up even to our level and dont get the chance because of guys like him.

Hero to zero in a matter of months in my eyes, how quick is he able to change it back to hero?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm

I think he was a hell of a lot better than Sives in the run in, he was up there as one of our best players. I was delighted when he signed up again this season but much like our first quarter he's been inconsistent and disappointing.

Everything is starting to look better now though, the team has a decent shape to it, players are clicking with one another and the goals are flowing, hopefully the feel good buzz will have an affect on him too and he'll get back to that form.

Plenty time for the whole team to change our whole season into a good one.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Achilles that snapchat on the bus was Moses taking the piss, just two daft young laddies messing about. I think folk have taken too much offence from it.
    He was dropped from the squad against QoS though and we had our best result of the season, I think that must have hurt,and given him a kick up the backside.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Liviforever wrote:Achilles that snapchat on the bus was Moses taking the piss, just two daft young laddies messing about. I think folk have taken too much offence from it.
    He was dropped from the squad against QoS though and we had our best result of the season, I think that must have hurt,and given him a kick up the backside.

I think its just down to how people see it really.
    I see it as a complete lack of respect, others see it as a laugh.
    Thats why my reaction has been different to others on here, which I can accept, but for people like Durnford to come on and slam a group of fans for expressing how they feel is everything wrong with this support. Running home to a keyboard to slate fans for having a say.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Hippo can be a bit of an idiot on occasion but I remember he was the only player who attended the fans' forum last season. He was very pleasant and happy to chat to the fans.
    I think it's time to allow him a chance to get back in the team and redeem himself. Hopefully he has learned a wee lesson from his time on the sidelines.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm

orco wrote:Hippo can be a bit of an idiot on occasion but I remember he was the only player who attended the fans' forum last season. He was very pleasant and happy to chat to the fans.
    I think it's time to allow him a chance to get back in the team and redeem himself. Hopefully he has learned a wee lesson from his time on the sidelines.

That's a fair point.

The snapchat malarkey annoyed me a little bit, not too much though as he was more than likely taking the mick. His sending off at Dumbarton cost us the game and that's not on. His attitude and lackadaisical approach to recent games are what have really annoyed me though, and as I've made clear, a player with a poor attitude is something I can't tolerate. He can be forgiven if he works hard, apologies and stands out. I don't think it'll happen though because I don't think he's a good enough player. Played well in the Challenge Cup last season, but his league performance throughout his time here have screamed sand-dancer.

I'll say it again, guys like Hippolyte, Sekajja, Boulding and Jamieson are/were given cult hero status by the fans and wrongly so. The guys who should be having their name chanted first and given that status are players like White, Gibbons and Gallagher.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:20 pm

LiviCub wrote:

Anyway, Declan Gallagher is some player and what I've seen recently is that he's a leader on the park. Never too shy to give a bollocking when required and always the first to encourage and congratulate. Top bloke.

Exactly this. Declan or Ben Gordon should've got the captaincy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Achilles wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Achilles that snapchat on the bus was Moses taking the piss, just two daft young laddies messing about. I think folk have taken too much offence from it.

I think its just down to how people see it really.
    I see it as a complete lack of respect, others see it as a laugh.
    Thats why my reaction has been different to others on here, which I can accept, but for people like Durnford to come on and slam a group of fans for expressing how they feel is everything wrong with this support. Running home to a keyboard to slate fans for having a say.

Absolutely, fans see a match differently all the time, sometimes you read things on a forum and wonder if they were at the same match as you. Laughing

How I see it is Hippo was taken aback being booed by St Mirren fans and mentioned it in the papers after the game so I can just imagine how his own fans doing it would've affected him. I just want the team to play well and win games, and the fans backing them like we did at Cowden last season really helped them. We seem to have got through our bad patch so lets get behind them and see how far up the table we can climb.

orco wrote:Hippo can be a bit of an idiot on occasion but I remember he was the only player who attended the fans' forum last season. He was very pleasant and happy to chat to the fans.

Agreed Orco, he needs to focus on his football and the fans will back him. It was a bad time for our players to be messing about and putting things up on twitter, the fans were hurting watching defeat after defeat, seeing players messing around or reading antics on twitter really didn't go down well. If we'd been winning games I doubt it would've bothered anyone too much what they were doing after a match but better to keep a low profile when things aren't going well.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:30 pm

forzalfc wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:

Exactly this.  Declan or Ben Gordon should've got the captaincy.

I thought Gordon would've got it with him being the most experienced player in defence and having been captain at Alloa, was surprised at Cole being made captain. Have to admit I thought Cole would've been a good player for us though, did well enough last season, don't know WTF has happened to him this season.

Gallagher looked the part against Raith though, a mate saw him giving Neill a earful just before HT, and he had an excellent game too so didn't distract him from his defensive duties any being Captain. I think it is a natural role for defenders anyway, they organize the defence so it's just an extension of that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Last season Cole was playing for a contract offer. He got one. No need to impress anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am