The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Liviforever
orco
6 posters

So who is going to win Euro 16?

Poll

Who will win Euro 16

[ 4 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left44%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left0%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left11%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left11%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left33%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_left0%So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 9
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who is going to win Euro 16?

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Superb game and what a fantastic goal by Robson-Kanu, Bale's pass, Ramsey's run and cross, Robson-Kanu's turn and finish, superb stuff.

Fellaini should have equalised tho
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

So who is going to win Euro 16? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who is going to win Euro 16?

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:43 pm

3-1 Wales, that's them in the semi final, belter.

Ramsey is suspended too, big miss for them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Leicester winning the EPL, Wales getting to the semi final, WTF is going on with football just now. Now if Iceland win against France and we go on to get an Iceland v Wales final i'm going to start putting on crazy bets in the bookies before the league starts. Livi to win League One and Motherwell to win the SPFL Premiership, feck it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Vokes header for 3-1 was superb; brilliant performance by Wales, every player put in a shift; responded superbly to going behind and thoroughly deserved to win.

I hope they batter Portugal who have been very poor so far, haven't won a single game in 90 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Disappointing match tonight but what a dramatic penalty shoot out.

Thought Italy were going to do it after 3 pens each but it just disintegrated to be only 2-2 after 5 each. Darmian's final miss was poor but Buffon nearly got him out of jail, but the Germans march on without impressing again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:53 pm

That's my team out, poor penalty shoot out, Neuer was beaten every time it was put straight down the middle but the donkey put it low to his left and he saved it. Bringing the boy on to take the pen didn't work out well either, hadn't had a kick of the ball till he took the pen and blasted it over the bar. Some bad misses from Germany too, Muller and Schweinsteiger with all their experience both bottled it.

Want it to be Wales v Iceland final now, feck it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:07 pm

It was a poor shoot out from the kickers of the first 10 but it made for good TV.

Wales have played better than Portugal, I would even go as far to say in beating Belgium they arguably gave the performance of the tournament, but Ramsey and Davies will be huge misses, so I will tip Portugal to win their semi to then play Germany in the final.

France should win tonight...but you never know this year.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Good finish from Giroud, should draw Iceland out
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:22 pm

And I would suggest that is game over in snide 20 mins
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:53 pm

France showing just how poor Iceland are and that emphasises how poor England performed in losing to them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Iceland were not a particularly good team but they are solid. The goalie is suspect and they lack pace. I suspect France will rip them apart, unless the pressure of home team expectancy gets to them.

They did in the first half. Iceland have regained some pride in the second.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:42 pm

Yep France were different class to Iceland, should be a good semi between them and Germany.

Luck is on Wales side avoiding that half of the group because i think Italy, France and Germany would've beaten them, and not so sure Spain wouldn't have too, but they've got a great chance of getting to the final against Portugal. Ramsey has been their best player in this tournament though so a big miss for them. Hopefully they get a free kick outside the box and Bale slams it into the net, whist Ronaldo takes 10 free kicks from 45 yards and doesn't put one on target.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Wales were probably edging this at 0-0 but it's game over now. Two quick avoidable goals. Neither Ronaldo or Nani had been influential until they scored.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Well done Wales, very good effort to reach the semi finals but sadly they couldn't figure out how to break down the defensive set up of the Portuguese. Very good header by Ronaldo to open the scoring but it could have been defended better, then they got lucky with a mis-hit shot falling kindly and again it ok'd have been defended better. Welsh players and fans can go home with their heads held high.

Just hope France or Germany put Portugal in their place on Sunday
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Bit disappointing going out like that but they missed Ramsey big time, he's been their best player and would've opened Portugal up.

Got to be the winner of France v Germany for the cup now, prob Germany, but this tourney keeps throwing up surprises.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 am

Yeah they definitely missed Ramsey & also Davies who had been a rock at the back.

Bale got all the headlines but I agree that Ramsey was the best player for Wales in the tournament; arguably the player of the entire competition.

France have played the more attractive football but I suspect the Germans will get it done.

If it is Germany v Portugal, it could be a very dull final.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm

France have stolen this but Germany have lacked a final ball and are not a patch on what they were 2 years ago
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:47 am

Yep France played to stop Germany scoring and it was pretty boring to watch but it worked. Would've been better viewing seeing France have a go at Germany and see who was the better team but it wasn't to be. Shame as Payet and Griezmann as class but the defensive tactics were at the expense of  showing off their attacking talents.

Stupid penalty to concede because I think Germany would've eventually broken them down but going in a goal up enforced the French tactics and left Germany chasing the game 2nd half.

I hope the final is more of an open game and we see both teams playing attacking football.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:19 pm

It was never a pen if you ask me. Second half France managed the game well.

Griezmann is now my player of the tournament.

Portugal will sit in, the French will have to take the game to them and Portugal will sneak something on a breakaway to knick it
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Tbh i'd laugh if that's what happens, wouldn't have any sympathy for France after the way they played against Germany if Portugal does the same to them.

Btw we're shite at picking the finalists, only one person took France and nobody had Portugal.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:58 pm

But when as soon as we knew Wales would play Portugal in the semi I said Portugal would beat them.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Prediction time.... France 1 Portugal 2; possibly aet
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:58 pm

I'll go for France to win 3-1, and Griezmann scoring twice for the golden boot.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Ronaldo off injured, I actually think they'll play better without him, will get them playing as a team and not looking to put everything to Ronaldo who has done next to feckall anyway. Might even score from a free kick now the ego is off.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 pm

It's been pretty much as I expected so far. Injury didn't look that serious initially but the knee can be damaged innocuously and that seems to me to be the case here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content