The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Durnford
orco
cptn_hooch
Afro
8 posters

Livi Goal Table

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi Goal Table - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi Goal Table

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Wiki isn't right, the soccerbase looks more accurate.

Beany scored about 15 for us in the 1st div (Championship) and 20 odd in the 2nd div (League One), don't know exact figures though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:57 pm

According to Soccerbase:

Apologies in advance if this doesn't line up

..............................League.........Cup...........Other...........Total
    David Bingham..............50............13.................4..............67
    Iain Russell...................44..............5.................2..............51
    Marc McNulty.................37..............7.................1..............45
    Liam Buchanan..............31..............2.................6..............39
    Danny Mullen.................27..............4.................4..............35
    Barry Wilson..................25..............5.................3..............33
    Jordan White..................21..............3.................7..............31
    Brian McPhee.................26..............1.................1..............28
    Rafa DeVita....................23..............1.................0..............24
    Leigh Griffiths.................22..............1.................1..............24

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Must admit that I thought Griffiths scored more than that for us... His record at Dundee is almost identical.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 pm

League, cup, other, what does other mean?

Buchanan has 5 goals from cup comps this season and scored 13 league goals & 1 cup goal last season. So far he's got 17 in the league this season. So that adds up to 36 competitive goals for us.

Dunno if they're adding in friendly games for other goals or maybe the league play offs comes under other.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 pm

It doesn't define other. I assume it includes Challenge Cup, European games & as you mention play off games. The reason I think it includes Challenge Cup (Petrofac etc) is because the total I have shown as "Cup" is me adding Scottish Cup & League Cup together.

Nor does it say when it was last updated, like anything statistical online it is only as accurate as the guy maintaining it & is inaccurate almost as soon as it is published.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

According to Wiki he scored 22 league goals. Wiki also has him on 24 for the season. So wee Liam needs 6 more to set the new league record and only 3 for a season record.

We won the title that year after 31 games & finished 23 points clear on 82 points having scored 79 goals in the league. We lost 4 games in the league and played only 3 cup ties losing the lot.

I don't think we will match the league record never mind beat it but Liam may never have a better opportunity to get set a club record or two.

Yeah I can't see us matching the 82 points but I can see us winning the league by more than 23 points and scoring more than 79 goals too, we're on 51 with 16 games still to play. The way everyone is taking points from each other we could quite easily open up a 23+ points gap by the end of the season without having to reach 82 points.

The way Buchanan is playing just now he'll blow Beany's record away and hit 30+ goals this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Looking at the bbc's stats for the top goal scorers, Buchanan tops the shots on target chart too, with 79% of his shots being on target. Quite impressive, 33 shots on target and 17 of them going in the net.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 am

No goals against Stranraer but a clean sheet, so I suppose the plaudits have to go to our defence for this game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Crighton with a wonder goal to open his league account, Mullen back to his best with a superb curling shot past the keeper, and Cadden with his 3rd goal against Airdrie, he just can't stop scoring goals against them. Millar's shot was deflected past the Airdrie keeper by Gorman, so our 4th goal goes down as an OG.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:51 pm

With us having 3 clean sheets in our last 4 games, I thought i'd have a look to see where we stood in goals against, we're joint lowest with East Fife on 26 goals.

Can't remember when we were ever the best defence in the league, we've been spoilt with the prolific goal scorers we've had over the years, but we usually conceded as many as we score and have a low GD.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 am

QP 1-1 Livi. Pittman gets back on the goal trail with his 7th for the season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Todorov opens his account with 2 goals against Rovers, and Mullen getting our other one, to bring his league total to 10.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Notice Buchanan hasn't scored since we compared him to Russell's season record....
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:57 pm

I was blaming him going on the radio and them talking about him getting the PoTY award for all the goals he's scored, they put the kiss of death on him scoring more goals.

He's looking a bit jaded would maybe benefit from being left on the bench and Mullen & Todorov starting. Mullen is looking full of life just now, 2 goals in his last 3 games too, or 3 in his last 5..
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 am

Nothing to add this week with us drawing a blank against East Fife.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Buchanan back scoring in our 1-0 win over Stranraer, put him up to 18 league goals and 23 for the season..
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Liviforever wrote:3 more goals added, Buchanan, Byrne and a goal on his first game Gallagher.

A quick look at the league table over the last 8 seasons tells me 69 points would be more than enough to win us the league, the most points the runner up has had was 67 points and most are on less, that's 9 more wins we need from our last 16 games.

That estimate I made earlier would be mathematically spot on with a win against Brechin and Alloa putting us on 69 points and out of Alloa's reach. But I really don't think Alloa will get past 64 points which is 12 points from the 18 they have left to play for. They got 14 points from their last 6 games but I think they've peaked and will start dropping more points from their next 6 games. Would be difficult for them to keep that run going and go another 6 games undefeated (esp with them playing us in a fortnight Cool  ).
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:30 pm

They won 10 straight at the start of the season, they could conceivably win 6 straight to end the season. But I think you are probably pretty close to being right.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Aye 10 straight in all comps till they played us and lost, and they play us in 2 games time. Anyway that was then, this is now, and a lot has happened since then, like us being 11 points clear of them.

They're on an undefeated run of 9 league games just now though, but they've drawn 4 games dropping 8 points, which is how we've still managed to open up a gap again. Just can't see them keeping that run going without losing a game or two, or losing and drawing games to drop more points.

If you had the same optimism for Livi as you do for all the other teams we're playing against you'd be higher up in the prediction league. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 am

Hang on, I said you are probably about right.... That's the BB equivalent of you saying we're gonnae spank them 10-0!!

It's the most optimistic I've been all season....and if it all goes pear shaped from here I'm blaming you for getting my hopes up!!

lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Albion Rovers have just won their last 2 games and had an excellent result against East Fife last night, which will make their game against Alloa interesting, could see us go 14 points clear this Saturday and only need a draw against Alloa when we play them the following Sat. I'd rather win the league with a win though, gubbing Alloa would be a superb way to do it, bit of a bummer that you wont be there though Bertie. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Complete bummer. For purely selfish reasons I want 2 draws. However, if they have to win twice I'll accept it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Buchanan getting both our goals against Brechin, 20 in the league and 25 for the season. The OS says that's him broken Beany's record for goals scored in a season.

Really need to get him signed up for next season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Aye, well done Liam, based on his scoring record this season he should be offered a new deal.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:49 pm

I'd have Buchanan signed up for next season but it's a big ask for a 32 year old, Scottish lower league striker to keep a team like us in the Championship next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:03 pm