The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
ianlivi
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
spiggle
djs9750
mozam76
Liviforever
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
13 posters

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

Post by Lothiangamer Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:52 pm

I was happy with the way we played for much of the game still think there are too many slack passes and that needs to be tightened up. Apart from one easy save in the first half the chance that came of the crossbar and the goal we did not look that troubled. I also think the cross for the goal should have been a goal kick. not 100% certain but it certainly looked as though the ball had crossed the line from where I was sitting.

ianlivi

Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi 2-1 Cowdenbeath - 16th August

Post by ianlivi Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Late posting on Cowdenbeath game, little disappointed in performance certainly in first half however the team did the necessary. Felt Kyle, Keaghan, Glen and Talbot all had a good game. I'm still not sure about White although he holds up the ball like others in the team can't seem to trap the ball and appears slow. Still early so jury's out on that one. Still believe Ogleby has more to offer so will wait until fit (only seen him play once against Albion and injured early), DJ needs to improve his kicking, Fordyce so far not as good as last season. Having seen Gallaher at Albion thought he showed real promise but was nowhere near that on Saturday. Thought Hippolyte might have got some game time and surprised that Rutherford did not replace Talbot instead of Sives!
    Confusion for season ticket holders near me where some had same ticket numbers!!!
    Looking forward to the Hearts game and play the whole 90 minutes like our last 45,hoping we get at least a draw.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:09 pm

ianlivi wrote:Late posting on Cowdenbeath game, little disappointed in performance certainly in first half however the team did the necessary. Felt Kyle, Keaghan, Glen and Talbot all had a good game. I'm still not sure about White although he holds up the ball like others in the team can't seem to trap the ball and appears slow. Still early so jury's out on that one. Still believe Ogleby has more to offer so will wait until fit (only seen him play once against Albion and injured early),  DJ needs to improve his kicking, Fordyce so far not as good as last season. Having seen Gallaher at Albion thought he showed real promise but was nowhere near that on Saturday. Thought Hippolyte might have got some game time and surprised that Rutherford did not replace Talbot instead of Sives!
    Confusion for season ticket holders near me where some had same ticket numbers!!!
    Looking forward to the Hearts game and play the whole 90 minutes like our last 45,hoping we get at least a draw.

As I said to EL feel that White and Ogleby can play in same team as a front two, or Ogleby can play wide as well and agree he has more pace than White so could be used in a wider position. White has a lot more composure on the ball though and as the manager said they both bring different qualities to the side.

However White and Glen played really well and either could have been MOTM imo, and Im sure the goal that White scored
    swayed the sponsors to give it to him.

We have a decent squad this year with competition for places which is all good for the season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Hadn't noticed Gallagher's attempt to clear the ball for their goal, ooft. Dycey should've blocked the cross too right enough, both better be a bit sharper against Hearts.

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Gallagher had a bit of a rank game, to be honest. As we keep saying, Fordyce is not a full-back so can't really blame him that much, the fault lies with McGlynn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:44 am