The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Smithy
Liviforever
Auld Nick
mozam76
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
EdinburghLivi
orco
12 posters

Aberdeen v Livi ( League Cup)

LiviLion
    LiviLion

Aberdeen v Livi ( League Cup) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi ( League Cup)

Post by LiviLion Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:12 am

Liviforever wrote:Our best recent period was under Bollan when we came back up through the leagues with back to back titles, and kept everyone together. Unfortunately since getting into the 1st div/Championship we've not had a settled team from one season to another, or up until McGlynn, the same manager two seasons running.

Continuity is what we need to seriously challenge for a top 4 spot (as QoS have had) but I doubt if we'll get it as Gallagher and Hippolyte will prob be away next season and if some others attract attention they will be too.

Depending on our finances we may not be able to keep some players either, we've had two clear outs in the last two seasons due to cutting our wage bill. With all that going on I think we've got a decent squad this season, McGlynn has done well with his signings on our current budget.

This, Gallagher and Hippolyte will most likely attract attention. I'm surprised Keaghan is still here, and I'll also be a bit surprised if DJ hasn't got a few clubs looking at him.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:26 pm

The problem we have is.....any offer for any player will be considered.

However many other clubs are in the same predicament.

What we need to do is get as much as we can out of the players when they are here and when they leave.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:If we had any fight, we'd at least take them to ET or lose by the odd goal, but losing 4-0 to this mob sells us out. Utter shite - we always lie down to the "bigger teams", and it's fucking rubbish.

Same can be said of yesterday. Let's be honest, I've hit the nail on the head here and there aren't any faults in what I've said. I can read Livi like a book. They're so obvious, and fans of other teams can see it too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:32 pm

FFS Lexi let it go, we're all pissed off about yesterday.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I know, but I'm just a very angry young man.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I know, but I'm just a very angry young man.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Your anger would maybe abate a wee bit if you enjoyed the good times as much as you put the boot in when it's bad (and fuck me, I know it's been bed).

I'll give you a for instance - you've been all over the Hearts, Aberdeen and Raith threads, getting increasingly pissed off. Coming out with sense and nonsense in equal measure. I'd be intrigued as to your thoughts on the Alloa game though, because you've said naff all about that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm

mozam76 wrote:Your anger would maybe abate a wee bit if you enjoyed the good times as much as you put the boot in when it's bad (and fuck me, I know it's been bed).

I'll give you a for instance - you've been all over the Hearts,  Aberdeen and Raith threads, getting increasingly pissed off. Coming out with sense and nonsense in equal measure. I'd be intrigued as to your thoughts on the Alloa game though, because you've said naff all about that.

I was thinking he just needs to get his hole a bit more. bounce
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm

mozam76 wrote:Your anger would maybe abate a wee bit if you enjoyed the good times as much as you put the boot in when it's bad (and fuck me, I know it's been bed).

I'll give you a for instance - you've been all over the Hearts,  Aberdeen and Raith threads, getting increasingly pissed off. Coming out with sense and nonsense in equal measure. I'd be intrigued as to your thoughts on the Alloa game though, because you've said naff all about that.
    well said .
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:If we had any fight, we'd at least take them to ET or lose by the odd goal, but losing 4-0 to this mob sells us out. Utter shite - we always lie down to the "bigger teams", and it's fucking rubbish.

Same can be said of yesterday. Let's be honest, I've hit the nail on the head here and there aren't any faults in what I've said. I can read Livi like a book. They're so obvious, and fans of other teams can see it too.

There you go spouting nonsense again....granted we were like lambs to the slaughter at Tynecastle but to claim you were correct by quoting the nonsense you posted about the Aberdeen game is ridiculous.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

There you go spouting nonsense again....granted we were like lambs to the slaughter at Tynecastle but to claim you were correct by quoting the nonsense you posted about the Aberdeen game is ridiculous.

Try and be specific though, what have said that is nonsense?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Liviforever wrote:

I was thinking he just needs to get his hole a bit more. bounce

I think you're right, tbh.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 pm

If we had any fight we at least take them to ET or lose by the odd goal - nonsense.
    Losing 4-0 sells us out - rubbish;
    Always lie down to bigger teams - balderdash (yesterday being the exception)
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Mozam: I thought the Alloa game was fine. We played alright against an absolutely awful side. If I'm unhappy I'll comment on it though, as changes need to be made. Despite what I do and don't comment on, it doesn't excuse the fact that I'm absolutely correct about our recent unacceptable performances.

Bertie: look at our results and performances against SPL clubs in recent years. We never put up a fight and more often than not lose by at least 3 goals. Everybody I've spoken to in person who was at the Aberdeen game says we were shite. We showed no fight in either game, and sold ourselves as a pub team. This is what the majority of Livi fans are saying. And they're entirely correct. Unacceptable.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:30 pm

I agree with Lexi about our start to the season, it's not been as brilliant as some are making out, it's been average. Getting to a semi final has made it look a bit more respectable though. Needing penalties to beat Albion Rovers, and extra time to beat Peterhead isn't exactly what we should be aiming for. The result against Alloa was good, same with the win against Cowden, but, without trying to sound to sound too negative, we should be beating the part time teams anyway. Won't comment on the Dumbarton performance since I wasn't there, but the result is obviously disappointing. And the less said about Sunday the better.

However, I wouldn't say we played shite against Aberdeen, maybe after the second goal but up until then we played some good stuff and if our finishing was a bit better it would have been a different game. The second goal was when heads dropped though and they just strolled it after that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:06 pm

LiviLion wrote:I agree with Lexi about our start to the season, it's not been as brilliant as some are making out, it's been average. Getting to a semi final has made it look a bit more respectable though. Needing penalties to beat Albion Rovers, and extra time to beat Peterhead isn't exactly what we should be aiming for. The result against Alloa was good, same with the win against Cowden, but, without trying to sound to sound too negative, we should be beating the part time teams anyway. Won't comment on the Dumbarton performance since I wasn't there, but the result is obviously disappointing. And the less said about Sunday the better.

However, I wouldn't say we played shite against Aberdeen, maybe after the second goal but up until then we played some good stuff and if our finishing was a bit better it would have been a different game. The second goal was when heads dropped though and they just strolled it after that.

Our season was above average until a couple of weeks ago though. The last few games have taken the gloss off what was a good start to the season. Dumbarton and Raith defeats is what dragged it down as they were games we should've taken points from, Dumbarton esp was disappointing when we dominated so much of that game. The Aberdeen cup exit and the Hearts humping, though for different reasons have lowered the feel good mood around the club.

Lets get it into perspective, we've been put out of cups to lower league teams quite a few times so I don't think taking ET wins against them should be any less an accomplishment in progressing to the semi final. Bigger and better teams than us have been knocked out cups to lower league teams. In fact we've done it to SPL opposition ourselves a few times when we were in the lower leagues.

I think you have to let it level out and see where we are by the half way stage, along the way there will be highs and lows for every team. Nobody expected Cowden to beat QoS or Hibs to comfortably win at Ibrox.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Mozam: I thought the Alloa game was fine. We played alright against an absolutely awful side. If I'm unhappy I'll comment on it though, as changes need to be made. Despite what I do and don't comment on, it doesn't excuse the fact that I'm absolutely correct about our recent unacceptable performances.

Bertie: look at our results and performances against SPL clubs in recent years. We never put up a fight and more often than not lose by at least 3 goals. Everybody I've spoken to in person who was at the Aberdeen game says we were shite. We showed no fight in either game, and sold ourselves as a pub team. This is what the majority of Livi fans are saying. And they're entirely correct. Unacceptable.

I don't think you've talked to over 1,000 Livi fans, might be getting carried away there Lexi.

The Aberdeen game for 1 hour was pretty good, losing the first goal at a corner was disappointing but we were still competing with them until the 2nd goal. So no disgrace there, the final score has made it look worse than it was and you're getting carried away with that one.

The Hearts score line AND more importantly our performance is justifiably worthy of your contempt. Hopefully it was a one off though so lets wait and see.

Anyone can get humped though, you just get weird results/performances when everything goes right for a team and they score for fun against you. The Hearts game wasn't down to that but it can happen.

Don't entirely agree with this bit in bold Lexi, against Motherwell we were well in the game until Talbot took a daft turn and got sent off, we actually looked like beating them when it was 11 v 11. Against Hearts we got a goal back with Sparky but it ended comfortably for Hearts, still, we at least put up some kind of fight, we just weren't good enough. The St Johnstone games were a mixed bag, in one we got mugged and well beat, in the last one we scored a legit goal that was wrongly called offside and were just unlucky, certainly didn't lie down to them in that game. So a bit of a mixed bag, wasn't all showing no fight and losing by 3 goals.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Mozam: I thought the Alloa game was fine. We played alright against an absolutely awful side. If I'm unhappy I'll comment on it though, as changes need to be made. Despite what I do and don't comment on, it doesn't excuse the fact that I'm absolutely correct about our recent unacceptable performances.

That is because they were better than us.

I appreciate we don't have a large travelling support but I'd be very surprised if you have spoken to most of the attendees let alone all of them so your claim on what the majority are saying is statistically flawed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm