The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Sevco v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

The Sevco v Livi Empty The Sevco v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:34 pm

They'll be flying high after beating Celtic last weekend, however that may work in our favour, making them complacent, and not fully focused on us, giving us a wee bit of a chance to pull of a shock result against them.

Right that's me done grasping at straws. Laughing

Plus for us id Stryjek in goals, no matter how good a job we do defensively in this game, i'd expect Sevco to have some shots in against us, and i feel a bit more confident that Stryjek will be up to the task of keeping them out.

Prob start with Tiffoney again, he'll be our loan striker up front, when not pinned back completely, and his pace to break quickly will be needed. We generally do a decent job holding our defensive formation well and frustrating them, i'm quietly confident we can pull off an unexpected result here. Mon the Livi Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

The Sevco v Livi Empty Re: The Sevco v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Lambs to the slaughter I’m afraid.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Rangers are on fire right now. I can't see them taking us lightly especially given the fact that we are one of the few teams to have taken points off them. I'd have given us a wee sliver of a chance if we were playing them at home but at Ibrox....nope. I think I'd settle right now for just keeping the score down, nae Rangers penalties and ending the game with 11 players.

Liviforever I'm remembering that Tiffoney came off injured last week so there may be a re-jig of the starting 11.

Whatever, it will be a backs to the wall 90 minutes. Shocked
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:45 am

Teddy Bears to the slaughter, mauled by the Lions.

Prob be Robbo starting if Tiffs is injured then, or JET from the start, doubt he'd last the whole game though. Hopefully Mullin will be fit to play again, could do with him taking our set pieces, may be our best chance to score against them but Forrest's deliveries aren't good enough. Or another Serrano rocket from outside the box would do.

Nick Walsh is the ref for this game, Gavin Duncan the 4th official on the sideline.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Might as well get this over with. Yes the boys sometimes pull of some unexpected results,especially after ive doubted them on many occasions. This time though i think il get it right unfortunatly. Even with Stryjek in goal i fear for us tommorow at Shitbrox. Their on Fire at the moment and will take some holding off.Hopefully damage limitation will be the order of the day,asuming we can play to our best defencivly. And finnally that we get a fair crack at the whip from the officials,unlike last week.Wont hold my breath, but as always good luck Livi.Make the unthinkable happen.🦁😂💛👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Although they're on fire, we're at our best being up against better teams and soaking up the pressure, breaking on them. They also wont like our getting in their face style, pressing them all over the pitch, and frustrating them. If we're clinical with the odd chance we get we can take something here.

Lets see if us having a full 7 days to prepare for this game paid off too, would take away the annoyance of losing to Killie if we beat this mob tomorrow.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Lambs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Forrest and Mullin on the bench, not even attempting to play with wingers then, big JET starting up front.

Pity we can't do the American football thing of bringing on players for set plays, and get Mullin on just to take our set pieces.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:13 pm

9 mins gone already 1 down
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:17 pm

16 mins 2-0

So the backs against the wall game plan is destroyed in the opening 16 mins... May as well abandon it & have a go

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:19 pm

Deppressing.Got to be damage limitation. Game plans out the window.😥
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Not really been backs against the wall, we've pressed them high up the pitch and been caught out with balls over the top. Should've scored from the ball off the post falling to JET, that would've made it interesting. Not dead and buried yet though,
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Must admit felt the worse for us after that disastrous start.For the most part Sevco were comfortable. Second half an improvement, but that first half killed us.At least we didnt take a hammering which i suppose is a positive from the game,although Gary probably wont see it that way.Anyway glad to get that out the way and we can move on.🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:25 pm

Yeah, at least it didn’t get any worse, we are still 9th & one good result will probably have LF dreaming of a minimum of 3rd after the draw at Pittodrie today lol! lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:18 pm

Yeah decent enough performance away from home, looked a lot better when Mullin came on at HT too, think we should've had him on from the start and stuck to our usual formation. Was a bit disappointed in JET, looked clumsy and weak in the challenges, expected more from him, and what a miss that was from about 4 feet out, getting the rebound from the post.

Devlin and Serrano were class, some tackles from Devlin in the box too, i've been critical of his defensive duties in the past but he was good today. Would've been interesting had we got a goal back because we weren't really under a lot of pressure, and defended well in our narrow shape, but ultimately it was a routine win for Sevco, catching us out with a couple of balls in behind our defence. They'll sword a few teams by a lot more than 2 goals though, they've got an abundance of really good attacking players.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Overall that was a decent performance away from home against an in form Rangers team. A mistake by Ambrose gave them the first goal albeit after an decent initial save by Stryjek. You had to admire the quality of the second goal by Defoe. I thought Devlin had as good a game as I've seen him play. JET huffed and puffed a bit but it was a difficult role he had to play on his own up front.
    I'm just glad to get another game against one of the OF out of the way.

So at home to Motherwell next week. They've upped their game since the last time we played them so it won't be easy.

I think there is a big decision to be made re the goalkeeper for this one. I felt so much more confident today with Stryjek between the sticks. He tipped a powerful Hadji shot over the bar late in the second half and commanded his box well. Given that McCrorie has looked less than solid in recent games I think it is time he was dropped. If Stryjek doesn't get a start next week I'm not sure what else he has to do. I don't think he's put a foot wrong in any game so far.

Last edited by orco on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:27 pm

Not just a decision to make for who's in goal, wonder if we'll go back to the Guthrie-Brown CB partnership after Ambrose's mistake costing us the first goal, thought Brown had a good game too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm