The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Sevco v Livi.

Troy

Sevco v Livi. Empty Sevco v Livi.

Post by Troy Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 am

Kinda loath to fork out 33 quid to watch a pre meditated result at Castle Greyskull,so I won't.The prematch odds will reflect how this will pan out imo.Looking forward honestly can't see where any win is going to come from,probably when we least expect it.Certainly won't be tomorrow.Got a carry out to collect,only way I can reasonably enjoy myself 🍻🍻🍻Cheers. Mon the lions.🦁🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sevco v Livi. Empty Re: Sevco v Livi.

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:55 pm

Wouldn't be going even if we were sitting 3rd in the league, horrible place.

Don't expect us to get anything here or Killie away, esp now they've signed Van Veen. Both free hits to try and get our defence sorted for the next set of games in Feb. No matter how well we defend in this game, at some point Sevco will get a hand from the officials, that's a certainty.

Troy likes this post

orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:54 pm

No pressure tomorrow. Eleven men behind the ball for 99 minutes. Three penalties to Rangers. One saved. One over the bar and one to hit the post. Livi nick it in the 98th minute scoring straight from a rare corner.
    What???   Sevco v Livi. 1f607 Sevco v Livi. 1f468

Ps Nottingham scores the goal. 🙊

Last edited by orco on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:39 pm

To quote  “The war of the worlds” - The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one… but still better odds than us getting anything tomorrow. Bookies would make a fortune offering us at a million to one because loads of folk would take them up on it but they’d be wasting their money.

Let’s get this and Killie (KvV hat trick I suspect) out the way without any injuries or suspensions and get stuck in after that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:23 pm

Troy wrote:Kinda loath to fork out 33 quid to watch a pre meditated result at Castle Greyskull,so I won't.The prematch odds will reflect how this will pan out imo.Looking forward honestly can't see where any win is going to come from,probably when we least expect it.Certainly won't be tomorrow.Got a carry out to collect,only way I can reasonably enjoy myself 🍻🍻🍻Cheers. Mon the lions.🦁🙈.

Liviforever wrote:Wouldn't be going even if we were sitting 3rd in the league, horrible place.

Don't expect us to get anything here or Killie away, esp now they've signed Van Veen. Both free hits to try and get our defence sorted for the next set of games in Feb. No matter how well we defend in this game, at some point Sevco will get a hand from the officials, that's a certainty.

orco wrote:No pressure tomorrow. Eleven men behind the ball for 99 minutes. Three penalties to Rangers. One saved. One over the bar and one to hit the post. Livi nick it in the 98th minute scoring straight from a rare corner.
    What???   Sevco v Livi. 1f607  Sevco v Livi. 1f468

Ps Nottingham scores the goal. 🙊

That part might actually come true, but it's usually Ayo that scores OG's. Sevco v Livi. Web_ca80

Auld Nick wrote:To quote  “The war of the worlds” - The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one… but still better odds than us getting anything tomorrow. Bookies would make a fortune offering us at a million to one because loads of folk would take them up on it but they’d be wasting their money.

Let’s get this and Killie (KvV hat trick I suspect) out the way without any injuries or suspensions and get stuck in after that.

Might be a first, but i think we're all in agreement, we're getting beat today. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:58 pm

McGovern and Nottingham dropped to the bench, both haven't been great. Nouble as the target man, he did it twice against Sevco when he was on form, scoring early goals against them, any chance he could surprise us all and put in an effort for this game. Suspect

Sevco v Livi. Web_ca81
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:47 pm

esult was never in doubt.The gulf in resources was plain to see.Called this on the podcast previously. Painfull to whatch.But our descent to the .Championship continues. Onto Firhill..Not expecting thrills from this.Desperation comes to mind.Edit Rugby Park first,or am I getting carried away.?.Cant wait🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:26 pm

No shots on goal in the entire game? I know I said we had no chance and just get the game out of the way but that really is unacceptable from a so called professional team.

Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:59 am

Just watched the highlights back,and have to agree totally Nick.Not one attempt or shot on target says it all.Shamal at least kept the scoreline down with some decent saves.Expected nothing from this but to not have at least one attempt on goal,frankly embarrassing and soul destroying.Crying or Very sad.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:16 pm

Thank God that one is out of the way. Held them off for 40 minutes before they got a goal that should have been disallowed followed by a freaky shot from Matondo that went in just before the break. We did mount the occasional attack but couldn't get near their goal.

I am not one bit embarrassed. With the difference in resources available to each club and played in the Ibrox cauldron I'd say we did well to keep the score as low.
    I don't expect anything on Wednesday either. Kilmarnock may be a provincial club but when they come out of a transfer window with signings like Greg Stewart and Van Veen while a player like Danny Wilson chooses Queens Park over us what chance do we have.  Sevco v Livi. 1f614

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:32 pm

The starting set up was to be compact at the back to try and go in 0-0 at HT, might've worked too if the ref had gone to check VAR and seen Goldson going in with a high footed leap catching Carson with his studs on the way down, goal should've been chopped off. 2nd is a deflected shot spinning into the corner. So we go in 2-0 down and game is done. The opening goal gives them and their fans a massive lift of energy, that gets disallowed and it's all might've beens.

Nouble is taken off to protect him for the Killie game, after getting a knock, the subs from then on are basically giving players a run out, and the game plan to go with a more attacking threat later on is pointless, the game is done.

I said Sevco would get help from the officials if things weren't going their way, and no surprise, they did. So onto Killie we go.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:46 pm

orco wrote:Thank God that one is out of the way. Held them off for 40 minutes before they got a goal that should have been disallowed followed by a freaky shot from Matondo that went in just before the break. We did mount the occasional attack but couldn't get near their goal.

I am not one bit embarrassed. With the difference in resources available to each club and played in the Ibrox cauldron I'd say we did well to keep the score as low.
    I don't expect anything on Wednesday either. Kilmarnock may be a provincial club but when they come out of a transfer window with signings like Greg Stewart and Van Veen while a player like Danny Wilson chooses Queens Park over us what chance do we have.  Sevco v Livi. 1f614

Yeah the only positive there is he's unfit and hardly got any game time against Motherwell. Hopefully he'll stay on their bench for most of the game and isn't the player he was last season yet.

Here's the Goldson challenge on Carson, that leaves Carson with a big scrape down his thigh from Goldson's studs.

Sevco v Livi. Web_ca82

Bearing in mind Carson is jumping here, Goldson's boot is up level with his face.

Sevco v Livi. Web_ca83
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Yeah, the first goal was a complete abdication of responsibility by the officials both on the field and in the VAR office, completely bottled making the right decision and gave them a goal.

That doesn’t make it any less embarrassing that they failed to get a shot away. That stat smacks of surrender. I know it was Ibrox, and I know we always go there to frustrate the opposition and choke the game but it never works… doesn’t matter how close we get to getting something, it never works.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:54 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yeah, the first goal was a complete abdication of responsibility by the officials both on the field and in the VAR office, completely bottled making the right decision and gave them a goal.

That doesn’t make it any less embarrassing that they failed to get a shot away. That stat smacks of surrender. I know it was Ibrox, and I know we always go there to frustrate the opposition and choke the game but it never works… doesn’t matter how close we get to getting something, it never works.

Come on, would you have been happier we got a few shots at goal and scudded 6-0?

Think you have to allow for where we are this season, and give the game plan some credit, up till 40 mins, against a Sevco side buoyed by knowing the Celtic result, it was all going to plan, then the ref and VAR screwed us over. We go in at HT 0-0, keep things tight for another 20 mins, then Sevco fans are frustrated with their players and everything turns against them, then Martindale can make some changes to our shape to try and attack them a bit.

Going in 2-0 down it gave them a lift and it was game over, we could quite easily lost another 3 or 4 goals if we went more expansively. Martindale also took the decision to sub Nouble at HT when the game was already lost, saving him for the Killie game, and took Penrice off for the same reason, both had taken wee knocks and he didn't want to risk them in a game we weren't going to take anything.

The game was dead at HT, risking players and a heavy defeat just to make stats look better served no purpose.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 pm

No points no credit. Levein got slated for playing no strikers against the Czechs but no credit for it nearly working.

Right now we are going down anyway so throw the kitchen sink at everyone. They could have given it a go in the first half and who knows they may have taken them by surprise. Snatched an unexpected early lead and had something to hold on to. More likely they’d have lost a goal earlier and maybe been 2 down at HT. So no big difference and could have then gone to damage limitation.
    In the other games against them we were only 1 down after losing an early goal until late on and still got gubbed.
    Gustavitch

Post by Gustavitch Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:01 pm

0 Shots on Target
    O Shots
    0 Corners
    0 Entertainment
    0 Hope of staying up

Gustavitch likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:19 am

Liking your own post doesn’t count mate Laughing
    Gustavitch

Post by Gustavitch Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:09 am

Yeah Nick was a mistake hitting it then couldn’t undo it
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:19 pm

Auld Nick wrote:No points no credit. Levein got slated for playing no strikers against the Czechs but no credit for it nearly working.

Right now we are going down anyway so throw the kitchen sink at everyone. They could have given it a go in the first half and who knows they may have taken them by surprise. Snatched an unexpected early lead and had something to hold on to. More likely they’d have lost a goal earlier and maybe been 2 down at HT. So no big difference and could have then gone to damage limitation.
    In the other games against them we were only 1 down after losing an early goal until late on and still got gubbed.

Now you're just being silly. lol!

You can't compare Levein with Martindale either, Martindale didn't play with no strikers, Nouble was meant to be our out ball, same as he was when he scored against them early last season, he's just not as good now.

Seriously though, they'd just got the news Celtic had dropped points, and were coming at us with everything in the first half, up till the goal (which again shouldn't have stood) we were frustrating them and the plan was working. Coming out 2nd half we would've tried doing the same for the first 15 mins or so, then made a change in shape to try and get a goal. It didn't pan out like that purely because the ref fecked us. Just going for it after going in 2 goals down would prob have seen us massacred, so glad you aren't our manager Nick.

BTW our previous 2 games against them at Ibrox we lost 4-0, 4-0 and had 6 shots 2 on target in the first game, & 3 shots 0 on target in the second. So having more of a go didn't really help us much.

This is all hindsight stuff anyway, the ref does his job properly and it's a different conversation.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:43 pm

Gustavitch wrote:0 Shots on Target
    O Shots
    0 Corners
    0 Entertainment
    0 Hope of staying up

You forgot a couple

0 Difference it would have made playing a more attacking set up
    0 Chance our fans would have been any happier seeing us gubbed 4,5, or 6-0/1 having a go at them

Will i like my post or will you do it? Wink
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:48 pm

I like your post L/F.👍🤣🤣🤣.
    Gustavitch

Post by Gustavitch Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:03 am

I have not seen livi attacking any team this season unless we are getting beat then we have a go . This tactic has not worked all season
    Won 2 games all season and our home form which was a big asset to us in recent years has now gone .
    I don’t know any other team in the country which would continue with the same Manager .
    Maybe let Brian Rice have a few games in charge see if it makes any difference . The players are not responding to
    Davie anymore .
    At least try something different .
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:No points no credit. Levein got slated for playing no strikers against the Czechs but no credit for it nearly working.

You can't compare Levein with Martindale either, Martindale didn't play with no strikers, Nouble was meant to be our out ball, same as he was when he scored against them early last season, he's just not as good now.

Seriously though, they'd just got the news Celtic had dropped points, and were coming at us with everything in the first half, up till the goal (which again shouldn't have stood) we were frustrating them and the plan was working. Coming out 2nd half we would've tried doing the same for the first 15 mins or so, then made a change in shape to try and get a goal. It didn't pan out like that purely because the ref fecked us. Just going for it after going in 2 goals down would prob have seen us massacred, so glad you aren't our manager Nick.

BTW our previous 2 games against them at Ibrox we lost 4-0, 4-0 and had 6 shots 2 on target in the first game, & 3 shots 0 on target in the second. So having more of a go didn't really help us much.

This is all hindsight stuff anyway, the ref does his job properly and it's a different conversation.

Don’t think I said just go for it at 2 down, not I. The post you quoted anyway but we are going down, so at least go down giving it a go. We always talk about there being no point giving it a go against the gruesome twosome but nobody ever tries, so how do we know?

Also my comparison with Levein was not to suggest the tactics were similar but the end result was… nearly worked. Trouble with nearly worked is that it didn’t work.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:14 pm

Auld Nick wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Don’t think I said just go for it at 2 down, not I. The post you quoted anyway but we are going down, so at least go down giving it a go. We always talk about there being no point giving it a go against the gruesome twosome but nobody ever tries, so how do we know?

but the end result was… nearly worked. Trouble with nearly worked is that it didn’t woAlso my comparison with Levein was not to suggest the tactics were similarrk.

I think it's pretty obvious how we know it wouldn't work, if it did work we'd see teams having a go all the time. Levein not playing with a striker isn't similar in any way, shape, or form to Martindale playing with one up front. Which btw was the same set up that got us a 1-1 draw last season, with Nouble scoring early and Sevco equalising in added time (Sevco time) after Boyes was red carded and Guthrie was hobbling about injured having used all our subs.

I understand your frustration, we're having a terrible season, but i think you're being overly critical on this one, we were always likely losing this game no matter the tactics, being more open would most likely have seen Sevco scoring earlier, and going to town on us, we've seen how poorly we've defended against less quality players than Sevco's, it would've been suicide going out there to have a go at them, leaving us more exposed at the back. And the same fans saying it was embarrassing having no shots at goal, would've been saying how embarrassing it was being gubbed by a cricket score, really is a no win being a manager sometimes.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:02 pm

Gustavitch wrote:I have not seen livi attacking any team this season unless we are getting beat then we have a go . This tactic has not worked all season
    Won 2 games all season and our home form which was a big asset to us in recent years has now gone .
    I don’t know any other team in the country which would continue with the same Manager .
    Maybe let Brian Rice have a few games in charge see if it makes any difference . The players are not responding to
    Davie anymore .
    At least try something different .

Some of the games yep, but not all, we have started brightly in a few games and still gone behind. Against Hearts in our recent home game we were the better team first half and Guthrie stuck the ball in the net, but was offside, then Hearts scored in the 2nd half. Same with the Dundee home game, we had a couple of chances early on before Dundee scored, MacKay was sent through on goal and the keeper came running out his box to make a block, then they went ahead. That was end to end open and we lost 4-1.

Also pretty evident the players are responding to Davie, the recent comeback against Raith in the cup, and the 2-2 draw with County, twice coming from behind to score and get a draw. If the players were not behind him we'd have lost both those games.

I still see some fight in the players, Sevco game aside, we are doing something different, and setting up more attacking. MacKay, St Kelly, Brandon, and Bradley have played more since January. Still got big problems defensively though, which makes it all the more bewildering how any of our fans think being more attacking against Sevco, leaving us more open too, would've had any positive result at Ibrox.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:09 am