The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Raith v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Raith v Livi Empty Raith v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 pm

Well this isn't going to be easy, only conceded 3 goals in 7 games, and just scudded Dunfermline 5-1 tonight, they're also sitting 2nd in the Championship, so will be a whole different prospect to the Raith we dispatched in the cup last season.

Good news is, they've struggled against well organized teams that press them in midfield, which is exactly what we do when on our game. However as Bertie will know, we've had a wee break since we drew with Hibs, and we usually take a game or two to get back into our stride, we can't afford to be off our game here or we'll be knocked out the cup.

It will be a good game for us to get quickly up to speed anyway, looking forward to seeing how we get on.

Mon the Lions, lets get this won and go on another cup run. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Raith v Livi Empty Re: Raith v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:07 am

It’s at home though... but yes, international breaks never do us any good.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:04 pm

Yep, that was the wee hill of ground i planted my flag on going into the games against Accies & Hibs, our home form has remained pretty good, even through our bad spell.

If Sibbald and Jet are anywhere near as good as their performance against Hibs we'll give Raith a torrid time, Devlin too. I would expect Forrest to have a major impact on the game as well, he was excellent in the group stages, and early Befred cup rounds, showed signs of that form in the first half against Hibs too. Might even finally get to see our newest signing Diani, now all his clearances are through.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Must admit I was really impressed with Raith last night.Albeit against such a poor Dunfermline side should not detract from the way they blew them away in every department.Mcglyne got his tactics spot on and the Pars had no answer.Of course it won't be the Fifers their facing on Saturday and I'm sure Davy will have taken notice.As has been sad,this ain't gonna be a cake walk for us.Having said that I sincerely hope that unlike the Pars we are up and at them right from the start.If we score first I reckon we will be in the next round come 4.45.Then again if it's them ,could put the cat among the pidgeons.Any way really looking forward to this as a really competitive cup tie.Its a one off just hope we don't underestimate them.Strongest team out I'm sure we'll do the business.Mon the Lions 🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:47 pm

Diani? Who is Diani?
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:56 pm

Aweright.Djibril Diani.😂😂😂😜
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:48 pm

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Match day, the excitement has really been building up on this thread for this game. Laughing

Referee is Mr Blobby Madden affraid

At least it isn't Hibs we're playing, he was shocking giving them wrong decision after wrong decision to help them win the game a few years back in a cup, think it was the quarter finals and he gave them a corner that was a goal kick, from a free kick they shouldn't have gotten, that they kicked straight out of the pitch without touching a Livi player, and they scored a goal from, then a late penalty that was never a penalty for them to win the game 3-2.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Raith are bossing this since taking the lead; they look more like a top 6 side than us.

Woeful keeping from McCrorie at the goal. Left far too much of the goal open & that simply invited the shot.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:50 pm

Half time now and quite frankly we are going out the cup on the evidence of the first 45 cos we are not going to score today unless we step up a couple of gears & I don’t think we have them

JET has been useless - meanwhile Tiffs has scored for Thistle.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Deserved the draw in the end; let’s see what we can do in Extra Time
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Great play up the right & a sweet cross from Devs for Pops to pop in the winner.

Not an entirely convincing performance but we won the tie & that is all that matters in cup football.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Good to see Pops on the scoresheet 👏🏻👏🏻 As Bertie said not a convincing performance but we will take a win 💪🏻
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Yep agree with you, for a change Bertie. Wink

First half we were 2nd best and looked well off the pace, woeful passing and a yard off with every through ball pass into their box, Jet seemed to be in his own wavelength from everyone else.

2nd half we were better and deserved the equaliser, actually predicted it as Mullin lined up to take the corner, Guthrie flicking it on and Fitzwater scoring. We were the better team for the rest of the game and the subs made all the difference, Mullin and Poplatnik involved for both our goals.

I've praised Jet in our last 2 games but Poplatnik looked by far the better option up front in this game, a lot better at holding up the ball too.

Tougher game than i anticipated, and Raith gave us a scare after their 1st half dominance, but as the Dark Destroyer says in the Chase, at the end of the day it's just another day at the office Bradley. We're through to the next round. Cool

Looking forward to the play offs, on what i saw the last 2 days, ICT and Raith would both give the 11th placed Premiership team a good game, will be interesting to see which one will get to the final, and prob win it. Dundee prob being in there too but not been impressed at all with them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Well that was easy,wasn't it.Seriously credit to Raith.They certainly made a game of it.The preverbial game of two halves and ET.Agree first half by far the better teem,then Livi woke up2nd half.Think Jet coming off was a masterstroke, it wasnt working for us.Proplatnicks introduction made a helluva difference to us,and he got his reward being in the right place at the right time for his tap in.All in all,a tough tie negotiated and we are in the hat for the last 16.Eta.Shite stream today but Callum Carson explained why.The old finances again.Didnt detract from seeing Livi do what they do best,ie the hard way.Well done boys.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Oh.Just to edit.Scrutinizer on P&B losing the plot as usual.Glad he's not on here.Wed take him apart.Guarenteed.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm

I found that a hard game to watch. We were second best for the first half and then improved enough to merit the goal. I was in the nerves then fearing a freak equaliser possibly from an inane ball let in by McCrorie. Extra time was frustrating and I dreaded penalties until relief when we scored. After that I was nervous again till the final whistle. I'm not cut out for watching fitba' on the box. 🙄
    I thought Sibbald had a great game. He and Pittman (who was quiet today) are such assets to our midfield.
    Happy to see big Al on the bench. Look forward to seeing him again and hoping he's still got it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Great clip from a pitch side view, brilliant tackle by Jacko and excellent view of Poplatnik's winner.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1378790609910173696
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:42 pm

That is a really good clip of the action

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 pm