The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Dundee Utd

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 pm

Our back to back wins have put a different complexion on this game, 2 games ago i'd have fancied us getting another home draw, but with goals raining in from Anderson, Kelly, and Penrice, i'm a lot more optimistic in us making it 3 wins on the bounce.

Felt Utd won in the cup game here because Martindale was far too negative, our starting line up had Goncalves in it too which tells us a lot on how much we were struggling back then, think we'll be a lot better in attack on Wed and will win this by a couple of goals. 3-1 Livi is my prediction.

Mon the Lions, lets do this. bounce cheers
    orco
    orco

Livi v Dundee Utd Empty Re: Livi v Dundee Utd

Post by orco Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:07 am

This is a hard one to call. It depends on which Dundee United team will turn up? With the players at their disposal they should be a lot further up the table but inconsistency has dogged them so far this season.
    Wonder if the actual game will beat the weather.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:46 am

Yeah the weather is a concern at the moment.

It’s time to make use of our home advantage (plastic pitch etc); two away wins in a row is great but we need to do it at home too. That said I fear another draw is on the cards. United are better than their position suggests and they have started picking up points.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:26 am

Going on the preface that my back garden is brick hard,I suspect that this will be off with no significant improvement in the cold snap.On the of chance its on,I reckon United will be a sterner tester than County or St Johnstone. We're in a good place at the moment and hopefully we continue our wee run,especially being at home. Hopefully the club will give us some indication as to wether its in danger of being of or not.I suspect the former unfortunately. Mon the Lions. 🥶🦁⬆👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:47 pm

Game on at 3pm; game off at 6:45pm

Good, can stay home and stay cozy.

Seriously… we have had more games called off with the plastic pitch than we ever did with under soil heating (when it worked) it is frustrating to say the least. Of course even plastic pitches can only be deemed playable above a certain temperature but as most people believe them to be “ all weather” then they get fuel for the fire to ridicule us. The idea of an all weather pitch is actually quite ridiculous in countries where it is possible to get a foot or two of snow…try playing in that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:06 pm

Scunnered by this, was all ready to go with my thermal layers when my mate called me with the news the game was off. Can't even defend us for this, we'll be getting pelters from opposition fans.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:17 pm

Yep ,I was the same L//F.I darent go on any of the other forums.Wel get absolute pelters for this.Fechin SFA,couldnea run a bath,which incidently I'm off too.Been thinking all day this would be off,and it should have been at 3 o'clock.Fucks sake look out your window, its baltic.Rocket science not required here.Sorry for the Arabs who would have been well on their way down here.Shambolic.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:29 pm

Surprisingly it's the officials getting the pelters for passing it playable at 3.30, only to call it off 3 hours later. I'm sure there'll be a few on twitter getting ripped into Livi too right enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:11 pm

We’re getting the usual Mickey Mouse operation, get yer plastic pitch and recycle it type nonsense from the type of people who haven’t got a clue… we didn’t call the game off the ref did and the 4th official deemed it playable at 3 despite Foxy highlighting his concerns. The temperature was only going to go down from then on so the 4th official should have taken that into account.

West Lothian is quite often a lot colder than other places in central belt, so a grass pitch wouldn’t have survived the temp either unless it had under soil heating.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:24 pm

Hearts humping Aberdeen 5-0 keeps us 2pts ahead of the sheep, and destroys ther GD a good bit. Celtic are beating St Mirren 3-0 and Sevco up 2-1 against Killie are all good for us too. Just a pity we couldn't play and extend our lead over the teams below us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:31 pm

Foxy was dead right to be concerned at 3 o'clock. When I went to my work this morning I said to my workmates this game had no chance of going ahead.Was flabbergasted to hear it passed first time by an obviously relatively unqualified official. I know its a nothing but I cringe when I hear people talking about point deductions due to the continuing problems with the pitch.Ach well weve had everything thrown at us this evening ,Ferranti, Plastic, Franchise,tinpot ,you name it,we're it.Shite,Pish,rubbish,4th in the league. I'll leave it there.🥶👊.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:41 am

I just found out tonight that Livingston is a lot higher above sea level than Edinburgh, Kilmarnock and Glasgow where the other games went ahead tonight so it's obviously colder here. Livingston 168m, Edinburgh 47m, Kilmarnock 51m Glasgow 38m.

Fans from other teams taking great delight in blaming the pitch when it was the freezing temperatures that were to blame - well that and the totally inept SFA officials that can't see further than the end of their noses. Everybody including Martindale could hardly believe the game was to go ahead after the early pitch inspection.

And these are the guys that they put in charge of VAR! Nae wonder it's a shambles. Evil or Very Mad

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:14 am

Yeah the decision to give the game the go ahead at 3.30 then call it off 3 hours later is what pisses off most people, if they'd just called it off at the first pitch inspection all we'd hear is the wums with their all weather pitch nonsense. Really bad decision by the 4th official to pass the first inspection. Both managers didn't think it should've been given the go ahead earlier, and it clearly shouldn't have.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:57 am

If only we had played this after the back to back wins when we were scoring for fun, 3rd time lucky for us getting this game on.

As much as we're in a bit of a slump, the teams we've lost to in the league are all ones we were up against it, Sevco, Aberdeen away, and a resurgent Hibs at home, with us going down to 10 men. Looking at Utd results, even Killie beat them, with Killie's dreadful away form too. Which were the last team we put to the sword winning 3-1.

Now for the bad news, Shamal may be out, with rumours of a broken thumb being why he was injured at the end of the Hibs game, which would see Hamilton going in goals. Fitzwater will be suspended, but Obileye being out isn't as concerning, think i'd rather have de Lucas over him, looks very comfortable bringing the ball out of defence, but hasn't any experience of the mad tempo we play in Scotland. Omeonga may also be out after going off injured.

We beat Utd early in the season but i think we were still a bit passive against them, think if we really press them they'll make lots of mistakes, esp in defence, so would like to see us getting right in about them from the start, and racking up a few goals in the first half. I think they're even more fragile than us when they go behind, key for us would be getting a 2nd goal and not conceding after going a goal up, to really break their spirits.

Massive game for us, probably going to make or break our season, another defeat and top 6 is gone (unless we by some miracle start winning 3 or 4 of our remaining games), win though and we'll be back in the top 6 ahead of St Mirren, & level pts with Aberdeen, and with Hibs playing the erse cheeks another win against Ross County would see us climb above them into 4th again, so all or bust here, a draw is of no use to us either, lets get all 3pts, mon the Lions. cheers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:45 am

Jack Hamilton in goal gives me the fear. Shocked

By all accounts Dundee United were the better team on Saturday when Aberdeen beat them. That gives me more fear.

I'm feart. Sad
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:56 pm

As much as it pains me,once again I find myself in the same boat as a Orco,sorry lassie.🤣.Weve gone belly up recently and at the moment I just don't see that rainbow on the horizon unfortunately. Utterly ridiculous that I'm hoping for a point on Wednesday night,but atm I'd take it.Weve got to get some kind of confidence back in the camp.United may be bottom,but theve pulled out results before when least expected. And it certainly wouldn't shock me if they were to do so.Il eventually give up on the top six the way we're imploding at the moment. Sorry for the negativity but the Lions don't seem to want to lift my spirits. Cmon Livi just one positive result please.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:19 pm

Don’t forget the Goodwin factor… he has been the bane of our lives for most of his career and usually wins against us as a manager.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:29 am

Hopefully an earlier decision will be made as to whether this will go ahead as opposed to the last time when so many United fans were here only for it to be called off at the last minute. Absolutely baltic out there and a similar forecast for tomorrow with overnight temps of minus six forecast.Not looking good especially with that part of the pitch which will be rock hard.🥶🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:09 am

Problem being it's at night again, at least a 3pm ko has a chance if an earlier pitch inspection passes, because it is still heating up by 3, whereas if it passes at 3 or 4 pm, it's dropping in temp till the ko at 7.45, and will be even colder by HT. Getting ridiculous now with any below zero temps knackering the game. If we ever do get an EPL team investing in us, i wonder if we'll get them to give us some sort of pitch protection for frost, or enough money to get USH and a grass pitch. Any chance Callum Carson could go down and have a chat with his Welsh team's owners and see if they fancy investing in an SPFL team. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 pm

They should talk about it today and rearrange it for this Saturday when neither side has a cup match
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:39 pm

Auld Nick wrote:They should talk about it today and rearrange it for this Saturday when neither side has a cup match

Going by the forecast it might be worse on Saturday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Ayo out for the rest of the season but Omeonga is feeling ok and might make the game (if it's on), and Shamal has a staved thumb which is good news, after thinking it was broken.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:11 pm

With there being no snow yet it at least let us get covers down to give the problem area some protection from the frost, so fingers crossed that'll be enough to get the game played.

Livi v Dundee Utd Web_ca19
    italion

Post by italion Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:24 am

Liviforever wrote:Ayo out for the rest of the season but Omeonga is feeling ok and might make the game (if it's on), and Shamal has a staved thumb which is good news, after thinking it was broken.

Saw both of them yesterday playing cards with 4 other players. Ayo had a knee brace on but Shamal looked fine holding his cards in both hands and using his thumbs to move them.

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:00 pm

italion wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Ayo out for the rest of the season but Omeonga is feeling ok and might make the game (if it's on), and Shamal has a staved thumb which is good news, after thinking it was broken.

Saw both of them yesterday playing cards with 4 other players. Ayo had a knee brace on but Shamal looked fine holding his cards in both hands and using his thumbs to move them.

Yeah there was a picture of him up on the OS twitter showing him training yesterday, must be ok to play tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:41 am